Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    They won't release an expansion in the summer. If it's not ready by March/April ish, it'll get pushed to September.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Lets hope Blizzard do as he promised..., but well have many broken promises have we?
    It's more than just making a promise (which I'm not sure they actually did). Even if they started Beta immediately after Blizzcon it's doubtful they could pull off a Spring launch. Major game titles only seem to launch in Spring or Fall, my gut is telling me the expac will launch next Oct/Nov, I hope I'm wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    They won't release an expansion in the summer. If it's not ready by March/April ish, it'll get pushed to September.
    Before TBC was released everyone was insisting that it HAD to come out before Christmas to get the holiday burst and would shout down anyone who suggested otherwise. It was released in mid-January, because that's when Blizzard decided it was ready.

Stop saying "won't".

10+ Year Old Account
    April/May '14 and level 100.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't know.

What it is will be announced at Blizzcon.
    When it's released will be announced closer to its release date.
    We don't know the cap yet.
    Item squish is probably happening.

/liked Mists though

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amsden View Post
    It's more than just making a promise (which I'm not sure they actually did). Even if they started Beta immediately after Blizzcon it's doubtful they could pull off a Spring launch. Major game titles only seem to launch in Spring or Fall, my gut is telling me the expac will launch next Oct/Nov, I hope I'm wrong though.
    They said that we won't wait as long as we waited with WoTLK and Cata, also they said that they will bring new paths and Expansions faster now

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melak View Post
    What i hope for: 10 levels instead of 5, item squish etc etc !
    Blizzard said that they will bring item squish cause they had problem when they tried to work with bigger numbers, so.... is really likely that we will see item squish for the next expansion

Probably say May at the earliest if they release the Beta pretty much right after Blizzcon, Sept at the latest.

if anyone has been paying attention to blue posts recently, item squish is basically confirmed (although we all know blizzard has a tendency to lead people on). also blizz has mentioned that they want to try to do an expansion per year and the level cap is most likely going to be 100 (if anyone has gotten the BoAs from SoO, that gives us a rough idea on the level cap.) Also didnt blizz release a trademark name for something naga/Azshara related? would definitely be interesting as I dont think they would make another legion related expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post

/liked Mists though
    im afraid that the coincidental increased speed that content is coming, makes narrow minded forum posters assume:

fast = horrible mistake to hurry and wash away.

which Mists delivered on so many more levels then Cata did. and improved on so many things that BC and Wrath failed on. even though there were some things in Mists that didnt quite work.

ive had soooo much more stuff to do in this expansion then ive had since my first day playing. and that just got better with 5.4.

as others have said, we already know when blizzcon is happening, the rest of the details will trickle out during that.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

Nov-dec 2014. If you disagree...would you really be surprised if this happened though? I mean really...hm?

Damn kids these days. "oh i want new content every month or i'm unsubbing". Whiney babies. In my day we took 12 months for a new patch, AND WE LIKED IT THAT WAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Lbgr View Post
    Damn kids these days. "oh i want new content every month or i'm unsubbing". Whiney babies. In my day we took 12 months for a new patch, AND WE LIKED IT THAT WAY!
    That and they get a zone revamp, a brand new zone, and an epic raid. Back in my day the major feature of a patch was "It rains sometimes now." And it was glorious. (I think it was 1.10, but I'm way too lazy to look)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lbgr View Post
    Also... no, we didn't liked it, if you ever checked the forums you would have seen people crying all the time about it...

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Also... no, we didn't liked it, if you ever checked the forums you would have seen people crying all the time about it...
    It also was not actually 12 months for a new patch. Sarcastic post is sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    They'll release when it's ready. If that happens to be summer, then so be it.

Quote Originally Posted by twh View Post
    Nov-dec 2014. If you disagree...would you really be surprised if this happened though? I mean really...hm?
    Yes. I would be surprised with 14-15 months of SoO and they already said without a doubt SoO will be the last raid of the expansion. That long period at the end of expansions is always bad for sub numbers. I can't see Blizzard having a tier that lasts longer than ICC and DS in an expansion that saw the biggest sub declines ever. No way.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    BlizzCon is in November.
    Speculation about it being about Azshara and N'Zoth.
    No idea about cap, presumably 95.
    No idea about the squish.
    Sorry but the speculation flows both ways.

As for when it comes out, guaranteed the reveal will be at Blizzcon. I'm personally pegging release for May 2014, but we've had guesses ranging from March 2014 to Janurary 2015.

What we do know is 5.4 came out in September, it'll officially be Old Content in March. They can milk like 2 extra months out of it by teasing 6.0, but after May subs will start to sink like a cinderblock.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Deleted
    next xpac failysm 2.0 will start september 14... have fun farming the timeless island (now you know why it has THAT name) for a year....

Emerald Dream / Legion fighting back. Heavy focus on demons or Druids.

Expect at least 8 months from now before the release. Most likely the end of summer next year (Even if it's finished they can always spend a few extra months "polishing") Ofc the polishing will just be an excuse to keep the shareholders happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    im afraid that the coincidental increased speed that content is coming, makes narrow minded forum posters assume:

fast = horrible mistake to hurry and wash away.

which Mists delivered on so many more levels then Cata did. and improved on so many things that BC and Wrath failed on. even though there were some things in Mists that didnt quite work.

ive had soooo much more stuff to do in this expansion then ive had since my first day playing. and that just got better with 5.4.

as others have said, we already know when blizzcon is happening, the rest of the details will trickle out during that.
    Definitely. There was more content/features launched over the 5.3 and 5.4 than throughout the entirety of the last three expansions. My only hope for 6.0 and onward is that they spread it out a little more, it can be a overwhelming at times (especially at expansion launch). We could've made it to 5.6 and cut some time between patches with a slight staggering of features.

I'm about to have my 11th 90, and I only try to hit major features with my Warrior, but it's a bit overwhelming at times (mostly my own fault).

Excited for Blizzcon, really interested to see what they have lined up. They've really turned around and pumped out content quickly, I wouldn't be surprised if they have the Beta prepped for the announcement.
    Last edited by Bashkar; 2013-09-16 at 11:43 PM.