Thread: Tinker Class

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Bad analogy. A Paladin going DK is like a priest becoming a satanist.

What happened with Illidan is like a priest that becomes a fanatic and starts torturing people in the name of their god. He's still a priest, just a crazy priest.
    Wrong "The original death knights were created for Orgrim Doomhammer by Gul'dan as powerful soldiers of the Horde. These death knights were created by placing the souls of the slain warlocks of the Shadow Council into the corpses of fallen Stormwind knights, the first of whom was Teron Gorefiend. Unlike modern death knights of the Scourge, these ghoulish fiends were not battle hardened warriors"

"Most of these death knights were destroyed during and after the Second War, either killed by the Alliance or transformed into liches by Kil'jaeden."

Years after the destruction of Draenor, the immensely powerful Lich King created a new breed of death knights: malevolent, rune-wielding warriors of the Scourge.

Unlike Gul'dan's death knights, these dark champions possess unholy strength; however, they do not possess free will and their minds are inexorably entwined with and dominated by the Lich King's vast consciousness.

The Knights of the Ebon Blade is a faction consisting of the renegade death knights that broke free of the Lich King's control after the battle of Light's Hope Chapel (in other words, player-created death knights).

In game dKs and paladins have nothing in common

Quote Originally Posted by Sukhoi View Post
    Playing axton in wow would be fun huh
    What's Axton? I have not heard of it but could you explain the parallel?
    Druidjezus' Law: "As the length of any online discussion increases, the probability that [insert any topic here] will be mentioned approaches 1, duh."
    I am the Druid Jesus, and I approve of this message.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wtf is that analogy.. Illidan went crazy and power hungry from love
    Exactly. He didn't betray the Demon Hunters the way Arthas betrayed the Silver Hand.

Quote Originally Posted by Druidjezus View Post
    What's Axton? I have not heard of it but could you explain the parallel?
    Its the commando from borderlands. He does like 85% of the stuff you mentioned. Nothing against you, teriz has made me had anything involving technology classes in video games

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. He didn't betray the Demon Hunters the way Arthas betrayed the Silver Hand.
    I was talking about your analogy idiot. A priest that starts torturing people in the name of god? Dude see a therapist

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2013-09-18 at 01:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Simulatio View Post
    A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by But I Hate You All View Post
    Wrong "The original death knights were created for Orgrim Doomhammer by Gul'dan as powerful soldiers of the Horde.
    Yeah, we don't play as the original Death Knights. We play DKs from WC3 lore.

Its the commando from borderlands. He does like 85% of the stuff you mentioned. Nothing against you, teriz has made me had anything involving technology classes in video games
    Ahh, that's right, completely skipped my mind but that's the character I play in Borderlands 2 (was Roland in Borderlands) and yeah, I suppose I kind of took the turret idea from that, always thought it was a cool feature. I don't think he gets to set little chicken robots on the ground that slowly move towards the target and then explode on them though =D
    Druidjezus' Law: "As the length of any online discussion increases, the probability that [insert any topic here] will be mentioned approaches 1, duh."
    I am the Druid Jesus, and I approve of this message.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, we don't play as the original Death Knights. We play DKs from WC3 lore.
    And Dk's from WC3 lore have nothing to do with paladins read the whole post.

- - - Updated - - -

Illidan betrayed the night elfs not the Demon Hunters

10+ Year Old Account
    Except youll never ride in a mech suit in a wow class.
    Don't need to. Just use the hammer tank system from the hero unit;

As you can see, there's numerous variations on the concept.

- - - Updated - - -

And Dk's from WC3 lore have nothing to do with paladins read the whole post.
    Arthas was a Paladin before he was turned.

Illidan betrayed the night elfs not the Demon Hunters
    So again, its not like a Paladin or Priest becoming a DK. Thanks for making my point (again).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by teriz View Post
    don't need to. Just use the hammer tank system from the hero unit;

snip

do you really need to spam the same images that are not even from wow?

Dota 2
    Atlantica
    Moby Frankes copyrighted work
    HAVE NOTHING to do with wow
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-09-17 at 11:27 PM.

Don't need to. Just use the hammer tank system from the hero unit;
    K cool. You can post pictures. Now go play one of those games with a tech class and leave us alone.

A handful of people nut-busting about it on various forums does not equal popularity, and popularity does not equal good design.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arthas was a Paladin before he was turned.
    and ? that has nothing to do with other dks "Unlike Gul'dan's death knights, these dark champions possess unholy strength; however, they do not possess free will and their minds are inexorably entwined with and dominated by the Lich King's vast consciousness."

So again, its not like a Paladin or Priest becoming a DK. Thanks for making my point (again).
    What in the fuck are you talking about? Illidan is called the betrayer because of what he did to the night elfs. Dks are heroes risen by Arthas. Illidan had his own group of DH in Outlands. Please have a clue about the lore before you start fucking it up

10+ Year Old Account
    do you really need to spam the same images that are not even from wow?

Dota 2
    Atlantica
    Moby Frankes copyrighted work
    HAVE NOTHING to do with wow
    All were inspired by the WC3 Tinker hero.

WC3 is the foundation of WoW.

What in the fuck are you talking about? Illidan is called the betrayer because of what he did to the night elfs. Dks are heroes risen by Arthas. Illidan had his own group of DH in Outlands. Please have a clue about the lore before you start fucking it up
    The point is that despite Illidan becoming half demon, he's still a Demon Hunter.

Did you really lose track of the conversation that quickly?
    Last edited by Teriz; 2013-09-17 at 11:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    K cool. You can post pictures. Now go play one of those games with a tech class and leave us alone.
    his pictures in order are
    Dota 2
    Atlantica online
    Moby Frankes copyrighted art work.
    Atlantica online
    Dota 2

- - - Updated - - -

All were inspired by the WC3 Tinker hero.

WC3 is the foundation of WoW.
    Show me the source where Dota 2, Atlantica online or Moby Frankes says they were inspired by the WC3 Tinker hero. Let me guess you probably think Crono trigger was inspired by the WC3 Tinker hero.

Also the WC3 GOBLIN Tinker hero did not appear in any of the campaigns
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-09-17 at 11:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also the WC3 GOBLIN Tinker hero did not appear in any of the campaigns
    Neither did the Rogue, Hunter, Warrior, Warlock, or Priest characters from which those classes were based on.

Please show the part where GC mentioned "depends on treatment" in the Bard tweet. The "too soft" argument makes sense, because it would be weird seeing a class singing in WoW during a Raid.
    Look at FFXIV, they have a Bard job and it's not too soft like you would call it.
    Rift also has bard, and Rift is a darker game than WoW is, so if a bard is "too soft" for WoW how come it fits perfectly in 2 games that aren't as childish as WoW?

Neither did the Rogue, Hunter, Warrior, Warlock, or Priest characters from which those classes were based on.
    Yeah but all of the heros that went into those classes did.

10+ Year Old Account
    The point is that despite Illidan becoming half demon, he's still a Demon Hunter.

Did you really lose track of the conversation that quickly?
    kinda hard to keep track with you going half cocked all the time. I do not recall seeing him hunt demons after becoming a demon infact he was working for the legion at that point.

10+ Year Old Account
    nice dodge. Show me the source where Dota 2, Atlantica online or Moby Frankes says they were inspired by the WC3 Tinker hero. Let me guess you probably think Crono trigger was inspired by the WC3 Tinker hero.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    Look at FFXIV, they have a Bard job and it's not too soft like you would call it.
    Rift also has bard, and Rift is a darker game than WoW is, so if a bard is "too soft" for WoW how come it fits perfectly in 2 games that aren't as childish as WoW?
    You should ask GC that question.

His twitter is easy to find.

10+ Year Old Account
    nice dodge. Show me the source where Dota 2, Atlantica online or Moby Frankes says they were inspired by the WC3 Tinker hero. Let me guess you probably think Crono trigger was inspired by the WC3 Tinker hero.
    You never saw the Tinker of DOTA1?

Remember the Tinker from WC3?

Yeeeeah.....

Moderator Note: Removed duplicate image from post. Let's not overdo it with the giant images. Thanks. [ML]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-09-18 at 12:09 AM.