15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by XxnitmarexX View Post
    I've been doing a lot of looking around on this page, as far as I can tell, ES is a dot and does it get affected and snapshot stats at the time of application? I've noticed huge differences in the amount of damage if I use it after procs are at full capacity, i.e. Feather, and making sure AW and GaK (12 stacks) are up as well. Any input would be nice as this is my off-spec but would love to play ret as my main spec sometime down the road. Thanks
    Yeah, it snapshots at the time you cast the spell.

If you have synapse springs macro'd to the spell you'd want it placed before ES too.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Thanks for the info. Appreciate it

Quote Originally Posted by Tanyn View Post
    The 2/2 Warforged Item set in the OP doesn't work for me. Is it my only issue or does the link not actually work?
    It didn't work for me until I logged into my Wowhead account.

Gotta love the new Inquisition glyph, it refreshes when you kill any adds during Immersus, Nourushen, Sha of Pride, Galakras, Spoils of Pandaria, and Garrosh, you can get it up to 2 mins on those fights, not that it's absolutely necessary to use it but it's fun, if there are more bosses I'm missing please let me know.
    Last edited by mels; 2013-09-17 at 08:46 PM.

Anaxie , when you get a chance could you fix the links for the bis list on yours first post ? Thanks man.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floross View Post
    Anaxie , when you get a chance could you fix the links for the bis list on yours first post ? Thanks man.
    Message me what's wrong and where and I'll correct it for now.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.

The recent remark I read here about how Light's Hammer was the "go-to" choice for some fights in SoO got me scratching my head about how exactly LH works.
    The thing is, the damage of Arcing Light isn't all that impressive compared to ES, although on fights like Garrosh it's used (at least twice in P1) against a crowd of adds.
    Comparing a few of the best "Western" ranked players on Garrosh 25N, you can see the 2 abilities are quite close in damage, which strike me as odd :
    - LH : http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=6029&e=6694 (LH damage : 5766930)
    - ES : http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=1349&e=2044 (ES damage: 5118568)

LH is still a clear winner, but how come it's not a bigger deal ? Is the damage capped above a certain number of adds ? I know it's not snapshotting like ES, but dynamically changing like a totem, so you can't "cheese" it like you could with ES and Feather, but still I would've expected it to be quite higher considering it's supposed to be an upgrade over ES if you can use it at full duration against 2 targets and on cooldown.

Anyone care to explain me how LH works ?

thoughts on darkfallen shoulders from protectors as offpiece? they are haste/mastery but don't seem to have a mention. is it the blue sockets?

Deleted
    Hey, my ret-alt has got the 4p t15, but legs and chest are on lfr level(510), would it be a gain if i changed them with the t16 legs(553) and the wf chest(559) from Ordos with crit and mastery, i would lose the 4p t15?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floross View Post
    Krekko I think they all just need the ptr. part of the link deleted.
    Thanks!

Changed them all, should be working now. Sorry Anaxie!

Deleted
    so just to be clear should we swap 4 set permentaly or just swap back for single target

Quote Originally Posted by Holymind View Post
    so just to be clear should we swap 4 set permentaly or just swap back for single target
    Permanently it seems. Solscra said he sustained 340k dps on Jugg with T164 and a 574 wpn. THe huge mastery gains from the new tier bulks mastery up alot SW + Galak allows huge wings uptime, and lastly the passive 2pc is infinitly better then the old one and without T16 4pc there are still often rotational gaps.

Solsa hard stopped at 40% haste too as we suggest earlier too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Calimon-ZJ View Post
    thoughts on darkfallen shoulders from protectors as offpiece? they are haste/mastery but don't seem to have a mention. is it the blue sockets?
    2nd boss shoulders and first boss hands are PERFECTLY fine to sub in as offpieaces. The important thing right now is getting 4 set and a good offset slot until 100% heroic farm.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-09-18 at 06:34 PM.

Deleted
    so should we be stop with haste at 40% without trinkets or with thok and evil eye trinket, just i have my 2 piece now but just don't wanna give up my 4 set since the holy tv is sexy although it will be awhile before we farm hc's
    Ps my luck with trinkets is garbage

thinking today nazgrim mace has like goddamn 2k mastery and only 1200 expertise at 580. very likely it's tied with Britos or extremely close since we hard stop haste at 40%. Obv mace is BiS for human/dwarves by a decent margin.

Kinda excited too because it's on the smallest easiest loot table in the zone and it's a very... very early kill.

Nevermind it's one of those weapons that looks pretty fucking cool unmogged

Coin options VERY SIMPLE this tier.

Nazgrim / Thok and SHA OR GALAKRAS

IF you get a 580 wpn it becomes more flexable for things such as Thok/Galak/whatever item you feel like fishing for

- - - Updated - - -

WOW actually i just looked.... is it just me or does Nazgrims mace underbudget quite a bit of rating points are missing.

We should prolly report this as a bug and poorly itemized weapon it's clearly underbudget.

Still worth coins towards though cuz a 580 damage wpn with mastery trumps any other upgrade slot.

- - - Updated - - -

EDIT: post sounds awful. I hate Iphones
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-09-18 at 09:12 PM.

Deleted
    Might it be under budget due to Blizzard's weird design of every single stat point costing more than the previous one? The mace has a lot of mastery which is why it is wasting unusual amounts of "stat allocation points".

Deleted
    I was looking at the mace myself, main reason I was thinking of coining this boss. However, dungeon journal doesn't list it as a ret item although heroic version does. Hoping it's just an error with the journal and not the loot table too.

I was about to ask about the Mace, it just dropped for us. I'm a Dwarf so I assume this is BiS until I get a heroic weapon?

should be

Anywhooooooo

Rechecking BiS list. So far everything looks in order we can swap every single haste gem in the OP and still hit the 40% haste marker with a HWF Thoks which should be VERY close to 15400-15500 haste levels. Mastery gets quit a bulky jump as a result and dps increases should be noticeable.

If we hardcap at 40% haste I'm seeing easily 88% Mastery give or take 1% meaning our Hand of light damage would be 115% of the actual hit. yay
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-09-19 at 05:57 AM.

Folks at EJ (namely Exemplar) seem to agree that Crit > Mastery at high gear levels, with Thok's Tip Tail increasing Crit Damage being the main reason why. Even AoE doesn't tip the scale in Mastery's favor : http://elitistjerks.com/f76/t130889-...6/#post2332358