View Poll Results: Which feature is better for the next expansion?

Voters
151. This poll is closed
  • Races

74 49.01%
  • Classes

77 50.99%
Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Races vs Classes; which would be the better expansion feature?

Title says it all. Which expansion feature would benefit the game the most?

Deleted
    I cant rly make up my mind about this.

A new RACE could inpact story alot.
    A new Class would inpact gameplay alot.

I dont know what would inpact the game the most but id guess class.

CLASS
    Guild comps
    Balance
    rerolls
    some story

RACE
    New staring area
    ALOT of story
    New Continent??

They would benefit the game in different ways.

This is just thoughts on top of my head and i guess there would be alot more.

Where's the 'neither' button?

Anyway, given the apparent massive amount of work that goes into revamping old character models, I feel that adding new ones to the pile would be somewhat unproductive. I therefor voted classes.

Deleted
    As somebody who cares more about story I voted races. It also provides a lot of new content for the expansion (new lore, at least 1 new zone) at the cost of less work than a class does, which will require constant work and balance for the rest of the game's lifespan once it is released.

I'm still playing this game because of the Monk class, but I'm playing as a human and a Belf. So I chose classes.

Yeah, the new starting zones and animations are cool, but after awhile, your new race is just like all the other ones. New classes actually feel new and different.

Whoops! Didn't read the OP. Yeah, definitely new class for next expansion. Blizzard really dropped the ball on Goblin, Worgen, and Pandaren (Wandering Isle) lore since their introduction.
    Last edited by Rhamses; 2013-09-18 at 10:49 AM.

The current races are more than adequate, and the remaining unplayable races just are not all that special - with the possible exception of ethereals.

New classes, however, are one of the best things an expansion can bring.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Title says it all. Which expansion feature would benefit the game the most?
    Generally I like classes more as the content, even though restricted to one class, usually results in more gameplay for me. Starting zones of new races offer a story, that my main character can't participate in and are therefore alot less interesting to me. I also have the feeling that new races (:P) are just an excuse for blizzard to rake in a couple extra million with race-changes. Not sure how I feel about only new races for the next expansion, I'd rather see all races remade and skip another useless race which is forgotten upon finishing the starting zone. Pandaren in the Horde/Alliance were a terrible example of this.

Deleted
    I will say classes, because I think we have just enough races to begin with and any attention should be directed towards the old races instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milzorn View Post
    I will say classes, because I think we have just enough races to begin with and any attention should be directed towards the old races instead.
    I agree, but that's the same reason i go with races, is easier to make a race than a class, so it will take less development time, and normally Blizzard don't release classes in every expansions (they normally have 1 expansion in between before releasing another class)

Deleted
    Neither. They need to find a new USP than these two to sell their expansions. We have enough of both.

Neither. We need more class/race combo (Blood elf druid)!

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    (they normally have 1 expansion in between before releasing another class)
    Same can be said about races. MOP is the odd one out.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I voted updated character models. Wait, that wasn't a choice. Ok I voted classes, but I really mean character models.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I voted updated character models. Wait, that wasn't a choice. Ok I voted classes, but I really mean character models.
    Since the art team and class balance team are two different, erm, teams, voting for classes is an indirect vote for updated character models.

Deleted
    New race for sure for me. It would add some new lore to the game and also bring in a lot more story-line

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    Since the art team and class balance team are two different, erm, teams, voting for classes is an indirect vote for updated character models.
    Yeah, but I specifically feel that we have enough races and classes to be going on with. So count it as a vote for neither. We need more polygons. And to that point, I think having updated hairstyles and colors/barbershop options would be a better addition than classes and races at this point as well.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    New race we have enough classes

10+ Year Old Account
    Races, they just added a new class to the game. Let them balance the game a little bit more with the additional class then flowing expac release a new class. I would like if they continued the same model of every other expac a new class.

Race -for me. There are already too many classes imho. I'd like to see them focus more on the classes that already exist instead of creating a new one.

Where's the "stop adding races and classes to the game" button?