Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    That depends entirely on when the movement is. If you have movement before a big ember burn then you'll generate all the mana back. On the other hand if you have the movement after a burn, then you're stuck with no mana for a while.

It's not easily simmable.
    One should assume movement will happen randomly at various times and thus both of the situations you described will be affected to some degree, is that not how the "light movement" and "heavy movement" sims worked?

I think KJC is more attractive for destro after the recent changes...at least moreso than demo or aff since its darksoul is comparatively weaker. MF is also iffy since RoF does half damage to non immolated targets (or double dmg to immolated targets however you want to say it) and never applies to F&B spells thus you can't get immolates out for what you'd be hitting w' MF. MF does work as an ember generation cooldown but less so as a aoe burst tool. Thus for lvl 90 skills KJC is more attractive for destro than it is for demo and probably about the same as aff. (where is a viable choice fight dependent)

Just wondering how your opener has changed since 5.4 @Brusalk you seem to be getting a lot more burst at the start than me or is that just the UVLS

Has the best pet to use also changed?
    Last edited by Delequoi; 2013-09-18 at 05:00 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodfire View Post
    Question: What spec can be used to with destro without having any need to reforge and resocket for any encounter?
    Unfortunately none apparently as destro is super crit heavy and doesn't care for haste.
    Affliction will probably want at least 9778 haste while Demonology will probably continue with at least 8100 haste whereas the nearer to 0 the better for destruction.
    Still, I'm using my affliction-reforging/gemming for my destro off-spec and the results are quite ok - but I'm not in an Advanced guild and do not aim for world first, not even World's 100th.

Quote Originally Posted by Silmarieni View Post
    Unfortunately none apparently as destro is super crit heavy and doesn't care for haste.
    Affliction will probably want at least 9778 haste while Demonology will probably continue with at least 8100 haste whereas the nearer to 0 the better for destruction.
    Still, I'm using my affliction-reforging/gemming for my destro off-spec and the results are quite ok - but I'm not in an Advanced guild and do not aim for world first, not even World's 100th.
    If that's true, then I wonder why AskMrRobot (and Icy Veins) says haste is our second best stat. I wonder where they get their information from.

Join FDWH Gold Challenge Mode on OpenRaid and get your awesome transmogrification set. These events are for everyone, ranging from hardcore veterans to skilled casual players. No experience is required, only knowledge of tactics. Make sure to put MMO-Champion in your note!

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    If that's true, then I wonder why AskMrRobot (and Icy Veins) says haste is our second best stat. I wonder where they get their information from.
    They take their information from guides like this without reading the actual reasoning behind it and just use it as the way for everyone to go, even if they might not have the gear appropiate for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Garrosh encounter seems lame for demonology from my point of view, Destro somehow just RAEPs all incoming adds + using the Havoc and Shadowburn allows for more consistent dps. After removal of Glyph it's hard to use standard Demo rotation as it's far away behind others. So aff/destro actually works ofc using GoSup I presume?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    They take their information from guides like this without reading the actual reasoning behind it and just use it as the way for everyone to go, even if they might not have the gear appropiate for it.
    idd, the only thing ask mr. robot is really good for is to make a possible gear list that you might go after that you can use for sims.

also singularity, you need to keep in mind that those sites focus only on single target dps and at which point they would generally be right but there are very few single target fights out there and you'll have to factor in some logic as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    idd, the only thing ask mr. robot is really good for is to make a possible gear list that you might go after that you can use for sims.

also singularity, you need to keep in mind that those sites focus only on single target dps and at which point they would generally be right but there are very few single target fights out there and you'll have to factor in some logic as well.
    I like it when I'm trying to hit a haste cap and it can do the math taking gems and enchants into account. It's a backup when reforgelite can't do it all on its own.

Quote Originally Posted by Liquidsteel View Post
    I like it when I'm trying to hit a haste cap and it can do the math taking gems and enchants into account. It's a backup when reforgelite can't do it all on its own.
    Word, it's really the only use I have for it. Optimizing haste/hit levels which can't be accomplished through just reforging.

Last night i picked up http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/103852 (gloves off Amalgam of Corruption ). ATM i have 2pc t15 http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Sohl/advanced . Would it be worth it to break my set bonus for the higher stats? Not sure how much the loss of the 2pc bonus will hurt dps. Also on a side note, i have a normal mode UVLS in my bags. Would it be worth using over my existing trinkets?

p.s. yeah i know im a bit under hit cap. i race changed to worgen last night and lost the 1% expertise when having a sword so i need to add a hit gem or reforge when i get home tonight lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Icy-Veins very clearly says, for Destruction:

1. Intellect;
    2. Hit Rating (until 15%);
    3. Mastery Rating;
    4. Critical Strike Rating;
    5. Haste Rating.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EvreliaGaming View Post
    Icy-Veins very clearly says, for Destruction:

1. Intellect;
    2. Hit Rating (until 15%);
    3. Mastery Rating;
    4. Critical Strike Rating;
    5. Haste Rating.
    Maybe I'm taking this out of context, but what Evrelia posted is the recommendation for AOE according to MrRobot
    For single target, they recommend Crit>Haste>Mastery
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Quote Originally Posted by Delequoi View Post
    Just wondering how your opener has changed since 5.4 @Brusalk you seem to be getting a lot more burst at the start than me or is that just the UVLS

Has the best pet to use also changed?
    Hasn't really changed much. I've been having incredibly good results with UVLS + Flex Bindings so I've been sticking to that. UVLS proccing for a Chaos Bolt + Immolate means my opening burst is a lot harder than if I was using other trinkets.

For reference for people who want to compare notes, my typical Chaos Bolt crits for at least 850k (non-optimal ember dump), and I often get it as high as 2 mil. That's not including the Sacrifice bonus.

Pet wise I've been tending to switch between Shivvara and GoSac. I like the better target switching of the Shivvara than the Obs unless there's absolutely no movement or I have to have an interrupt/silence. I've been tending towards GoSac for single target fights, and Shivvara for when there's lots of AoE but not a lot of extra Ember generation or time to cast Chaos Bolts.

- - - Updated - - -

I got lucky and got 2 SoO normal helms and shoulders, and by switching those 2 pieces out and a trinket I switch pretty easily between Aff and Destro.

The best off-spec is probably Demo with UVLS stat compatibility wise, but don't quote me on that one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh, ironic. Mastery>crit>screwhaste eh. Been running that all throughout tier15, even though "simcraft says haste is better", I've gotten way better results out of it (simcraft doesn't account nearly as well for int procs and dark soul, as a very good player does). Fun to see this become "mainstream", tho too bad that I can't hipster the shit out of that anymore, guess I'll have to find a different thing to be innovative at :P
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    Last night i picked up http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/103852 (gloves off Amalgam of Corruption ). ATM i have 2pc t15 http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Sohl/advanced . Would it be worth it to break my set bonus for the higher stats? Not sure how much the loss of the 2pc bonus will hurt dps. Also on a side note, i have a normal mode UVLS in my bags. Would it be worth using over my existing trinkets?

p.s. yeah i know im a bit under hit cap. i race changed to worgen last night and lost the 1% expertise when having a sword so i need to add a hit gem or reforge when i get home tonight lol.
    Do you have better itemized shoulders to replace that tier at the same time? I'd say it's probably worth it if that's the case. Otherwise probably not.

Your existing trinkets are best.

Do you have better itemized shoulders to replace that tier at the same time? I'd say it's probably worth it if that's the case. Otherwise probably not.

Your existing trinkets are best.
    Brusalk! Quit spending time out of your day to answer questions! Sleeping and raiding are your 2 priorities atm!

Quote Originally Posted by Mazda View Post
    Brusalk! Quit spending time out of your day to answer questions! Sleeping and raiding are your 2 priorities atm!
    If only.

We didn't start until hours after the other 10 mans started yesterday, and we won't start until closer to our normal raid times tonight. We just do everything faster than them :P We also won't raid every day this week. I'm pretty sure we're like the only semi-hardcore guild near the top of the 10m rankings.

By the way, HOLY FUCK juggernaut and shamans on 10man are insane. Let me just say that I'm hardly surprised that 10mans are getting stuck on Shamans (including Paragon).

Hey, I'm from Ask Mr. Robot and wanted to drop in real quick. We have 2 stat weight presets to choose from, one that favors crit and another that favors mastery. You can switch between them in the blue drop down box.

We do a ton of sims to get the initial stat weights, and then collaborate with some of the top theorycrafters to make sure the weights are all legit. We don't just 'take it from guides without understanding it.' Here's more info on how we go about our stat weights: http://blog.askmrrobot.com/2013/02/h...-stat-weights/

Also, about a month ago we launched a new algorithm that will tell you when your optimization is guaranteed to be the single best solution (out of about a few hundred trillion combinations). If you mouse over the 'guaranteed optimal' message you can see how many combinations your specific character and gear had. Of course, this is all tied into the stat weights, so be sure you selected the right preset for you (or customized the weights).

Any specific feedback on the weights is definitely welcome - especially so soon after a patch, things change quickly.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

If only.

We didn't start until hours after the other 10 mans started yesterday, and we won't start until closer to our normal raid times tonight. We just do everything faster than them :P We also won't raid every day this week. I'm pretty sure we're like the only semi-hardcore guild near the top of the 10m rankings.

By the way, HOLY FUCK juggernaut and shamans on 10man are insane. Let me just say that I'm hardly surprised that 10mans are getting stuck on Shamans (including Paragon).
    Yeah, I've been monitoring all ya'll's kill timestamps.

We raid 12 hours a week regardless of progression or not. Sadface.