Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    atonement healing when people are on the verge of death. you should be screamed at. sure rigg might sound harsh but that priest needed to know what he was doing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Traxex9080 View Post
    He might be ignorant and seem like an angry person but look where he is. Leader of one of the top raid teams in the world, sponsored by multiple companies and likely being paid to play and getting free computer gear. He's arguably one of the most famous WoW players and couldn't give 2 shits if someone hates him. Do you honestly think any top world guild would be where they are today without some discipline? Just because most guilds don't stream their rage like Rigg does (because he doesn't care) doesn't mean they don't rage too.
    He's acting like a child that needs to learn some leadership skills. What kind of response did the RL think he would elicit from the priest by acting like that? The priest reacted how the majority of people would, by going on the defense and shutting down any kind of open dialogue. Your point about his position as leading one of the top raid teams in the world makes his actions worse. I can only imagine a CEO of some large company acting like this. Totally unproductive and embarrassing.

He needs to take his own advice "I see you have an ego and it needs to be stroked" really guy? Goes both ways.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Quote Originally Posted by Sebsmash View Post
    Nerds being nerds. I don't see the big deal, this guy probably flips out over getting onions on his hamburger at mcdonalds when he said no onions too.
    Quite honestly, I doubt it. people who treat others like this online, wouldn't DARE to do it in real life, as they would likely get cracked in the jaw.

The way he talks to people is disgusting, basement dwelling virgin. what a total bell end.

And what is more shocking is the people in the comments here trying to justify it, as if that's an ok way to talk to anybody.. truly tragic. yes that person may have cocked up, and they needed to be told, a polite whisper. or hell, even a simple whisper saying what to do/not to do. not shouting at them over TS. absolutely shocking.

when I used to RL, If there was a consistent problem, I'd talk to them in whisper after the raid if possible (as moaning brings down morale) and if not, it would be a polite whisper.

honestly, the absolute lack of basic social skills/manners from some people is horrendous
    Last edited by Raldazzar; 2013-09-19 at 08:58 PM.

At least he admits that he has no understanding of how disc works.
    Pretend this is a amazing sig with my character holding an legendary.

Why would u root for a guild that have 20 hours head start and cant even be in the lead the next day?

Look at it this way, if it bothered them, they wouldn't be raiding with them. I didn't even watch the video but I expect it's something like Troxx or the "Minus 50 dkp" guy and they're all examples of why I have no aspirations to raid with a hard core progression guild. Perhaps I'm just stereotyping, but I imagine most serious progression guilds have an overly-zealous raid leader in their ranks and frankly, whether it's directed at me or someone else I just don't care to hear it for 3-4 hours a night several days a week.

Do bad players need to be called out? Yes, but there is a thing called tact and you can criticize without going Mike Ditka on your raid. To each their own though.

Deleted
    Haha, an american copy of Ed the legend @ Stormscale.EU <3

LOL, to be fair, if you've dealt with a few priests in a serious raid environment that do this smite spam, you might get upset too. Still, I'd hate to be that dudes kids (or if he doesn't have them now, then one day). But that being said, in a raid environment that serious, they will call you out on stuff and if you give the raid leader lip and he's right, but doesn't say anything, it can do a lot more damage.

the guy admittedly knows very little about discipline priests, by his questions, and won't wait for any answer, and screams at him when he tries to answer. Behaving like that in know way will encourage people to play better. Someone starts yelling at me like that, I don't care who they are if they're the smartest person in the world, i'm out of there, nothing is worth that kind of abuse.

Nah, OP is right, that about sums up Rigg in any raid environment.
    Epic internet hero.
    Hes probably the dude bitching about em onions too, although he doesn't look like he really cares what he intakes.

Sidenote: BL ninjaing for alts is okay!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm all for RL like that (especially in a hardcore guild), but man this guys voice is annoying as hell.

So irritating.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by piin View Post
    I was just curious because I had heard stories about the raid environment. How could you root for a guy like this to win at anything?

SMH. I love to compete, (and I recognize the video I posted isn't a progression vid) but that is straight up verbal abuse.
    I've never been a high end raider, but when we did wipe because people were doing stuff they shouldn't be, it gets really annoying. I remember on shannox in firelands people getting caught in the crystal traps every attempt. It got so frustrating because we couldn't kill the dogs on time because the same people kept making the same mistake. No one ever went that crazy over it, as we were all mates and weren't competing for anything, but if you are going to be world first, expect to be called out on shit.

15+ Year Old Account
    10/10, that video was fucking amazing.

edit: like this dude

http://www.troxed.com/soundboard.php
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Haha, it's hilarious how wrong he is about Atonement. Shit was so OP in ToT, and still is. You would think their healing lead would have said something. I thought these guys are supposed to understand how all the classes work when they build their comp.

He did go overboard in my opinion. There's a difference between being strict and being a straight up asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by Nahela View Post
    Shit happens. This guy is in the position he's in for a reason. You can criticize all you want, but put in his position you'd be guaranteed to fail if you tried to be friends with everybody all the time. I guarantee you every single high-end raiding guild has had at least one similar incident in the past year, the higher you go, the more likely it is.
    Hi Naha!

Deleted
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but this how it goes in any form of compitition. Also real life sports, I hope you don't really think coaches are those "inspiritional" dudes like in the movies.

I've never been fan of anything or anyone so in my eyes anyone rooting for anything or anyone is an idiot. "yay somebody is doing some awesome I will never do, yaaaaaay"

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been a guild leader since 2006.

Sometimes we do things we don't want to, sometimes we have attitudes we don't want to. Sometimes we go down to other people's levels just to get a point across. It's lame, but it's often necessary.

I would often relate leading raids to herding cats, babysitting 12 year olds, or coaching headless chickens. Collective intellect, wisdom, and patience is always lower than individual quantities of the three.

I hate the moments when I have to shut someone down just to get people to listen.

Turns out, only time I had to do that last tier was on Primordius, with a dipshit shadow priest we had who didn't understand putting SWP on every target in sight wasn't helping us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lavaalamp View Post
    atonement healing when people are on the verge of death. you should be screamed at. sure rigg might sound harsh but that priest needed to know what he was doing wrong.
    Atonement is OP so clearly you must spam it at all times...atleast according to all pro discs here. I was always told healers needed to react according to the situation, oh dear...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    I've never been fan of anything or anyone so in my eyes anyone rooting for anything or anyone is an idiot. "yay somebody is doing some awesome I will never do, yaaaaaay"
    lolwut - are you human?
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    I've been a guild leader since 2006.

Sometimes we do things we don't want to, sometimes we have attitudes we don't want to. Sometimes we go down to other people's levels just to get a point across. It's lame, but it's often necessary.

I would often relate leading raids to herding cats, babysitting 12 year olds, or coaching headless chickens. Collective intellect, wisdom, and patience is always lower than individual quantities of the three.

I hate the moments when I have to shut someone down just to get people to listen.

Turns out, only time I had to do that last tier was on Primordius, with a dipshit shadow priest we had who didn't understand putting SWP on every target in sight wasn't helping us.
    But deeeeeeps...