Which spec is performing better?

Which spec seems to be performing better now for 5.4?
    My name is what makes me so manly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creations View Post
    Which spec seems to be performing better now for 5.4?
    we have 2 warlocks in our 10m and between both of us we cover all 3 specs me being demo/destro him being affliction/destro ..destro has its uses (spoils,galak) but other than that its bottom of the barrel as far as the specs go..affliction is said to be the top...but i could argue that as i keep up and most of the time surpass our affliction lock (whom imo is a better player than myself) so you can honestly go with which ever really since all the specs are very situational this past week ive played demo on every fight weve done (were at paragons so far) and no complaints

Unless your raid lacks aoe its unquestionably affliction.

I am not exactly blazing through heroics atm, (curse you oceanic lag, entire night lost) - but so far
    (25h):
    immersius - affi - could have /danced naked and the raid would have still killed it
    protectors - affi - soulswap all day, didn't bother trying demo.
    norushen - demo - our first enrage wipe (~5%) we were all affi with one demo lock who smashed us - so we all swapped demo, did ~20% more, and it died. Dunno if rng involved, but it was significantly better.
    sha of pride - demo - we have one lock affi, one lock destro for this - I am significantly ahead on logs as demo. Running mannoroth, and we get close to the middle, then DK aoegrip for the reflections. Haven't killed yet - but seen enough to be confident I will be staying with demo.

Sidenote: The rumours of UVLS's death have been greatly exaggerated :P
    Last edited by rijn dael; 2013-09-19 at 11:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rijn dael View Post
    The rumours of UVLS's death have been greatly exaggerated :P
    yeah i have normal mode UVLS and it procs every pull and +/- 5 times during pull i honestly think ill be hanging on to it for this tier since ill most likely be sticking with demo tho i did break my T15 2pc last night at the end of raid so im kinda curious to see how my fury management is gonna end up

So, is there any chance for demo if I don't have UVLS at all?
    Can't even simulate it, simcraft seems to malfunction without having UVLS in the profile...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vuhdo View Post
    So, is there any chance for demo if I don't have UVLS at all?
    Can't even simulate it, simcraft seems to malfunction without having UVLS in the profile...
    yeah haste to 8100 then either crit-mastery or master-crit im unsure off teh top of my head...but crit becomes very nice for demo without UVLS

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Unless your raid lacks aoe its unquestionably affliction.
    Demo is unquestionably better than Affli on single target for me.

Deleted
    Will UVLS from LFR work? I'm a fairly new warlock and I'm mainly going to do Flex raids and looking for what specs to run and as of now I'm thinking aff/demo.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmodeas View Post
    Will UVLS from LFR work? I'm a fairly new warlock and I'm mainly going to do Flex raids and looking for what specs to run and as of now I'm thinking aff/demo.
    I'm wondering this too. I still have a crappy 510 lfr uvls... While I'd love a 549 I don't think I'll be getting one any time soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sefio View Post
    I'm wondering this too. I still have a crappy 510 lfr uvls... While I'd love a 549 I don't think I'll be getting one any time soon.
    yeah it will work shit i used it for most the last tier cuz it refused to drop on heroic/normal the proc is still the same just slightly less chance to proc over normal/heroic versions

I use it. It works but you must make EVERY OF IT'S PROC COUNT.
    Or you will regret it.

Deleted
    I played affli on most fights and destro when there is more aoe needed like Sha of pride but I think I will switch demo for destro

Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    Demo is unquestionably better than Affli on single target for me.
    That's nice, but the reason for that isn't the spec. Which is what the OP asked.

The "best" or "best performing" spec is always dependent on what your raid needs to kill bosses and what role they need you to fill. So there is no right answer, because there are roles that all three specs fill exceptionally well.

On pure single target (i.e. juggernaut), it is fair to say that choosing destro would always be suboptimal. After that though, its totally dependent on your assignment based on your guild's strat. I'd avise you to learn all three specs and their strengths and weaknesses, and adapt based on what your guild needs from you to kill a fight. The goal is to kill the boss. That's rarely totally aligned with the goal of topping the overall damage meters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turturin the Warlock View Post
    The "best" or "best performing" spec is always dependent on what your raid needs to kill bosses and what role they need you to fill. So there is no right answer, because there are roles that all three specs fill exceptionally well.

On pure single target (i.e. juggernaut), it is fair to say that choosing destro would always be suboptimal. After that though, its totally dependent on your assignment based on your guild's strat. I'd avise you to learn all three specs and their strengths and weaknesses, and adapt based on what your guild needs from you to kill a fight. The goal is to kill the boss. That's rarely totally aligned with the goal of topping the overall damage meters.
    damn your nuanced and thoughtful non-answers!

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!