Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    I knew before I even clicked, this thread would bring out the passive/aggressives. Man, it didn't disappoint XD
    Awww... ya killed it.

This was awesome; I loved watching him bash that guy. Not for entertainment, but he has a good point. Maybe he didn't approach it the BEST way, but he does know what he's doing when it comes to this game.

There's a guild on my server who has an infamous guild leader/raid leader who is supposedly a complete asshole in raid. They may not be the best in the world (or US) but they were, at one point, the best on the server because of him. So people can be dicks during raid time, but sometimes, that's what people need.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't root for the guild <The Blacklisted> on U.S. Mal'ganis. The GM is a girl and that seems like a good enough reason to openly hate someone else you never met. I would make my own thread about, but I feel so strongly about it, I'm willing to hijack other threads to express my opnion that I know nearly 7 billion people in this world would care about.
    Yelling and being harsh might be a little to much, but when the person can't comprehend a complete sentence without using words that don't appear in any dictionary or swearing, my opinion of that leader is very low to start. Also yelling and being harsh to someone not in your guild, or in the presence of someone not in the guild, show little class. Riggs is a great raid leader in a great guild. He might be the only reason that they are one of the 3 best guilds in the world, but he also might be the reason why they are not the best.
    Love my guildies, but where are my minions.
    [Intel i5 4690k CPU] [Asus Z97-AR Mobo] [EVGA GTX960-SSC GPU] [Crucial Ballistix 1600 8gb Memory] [Sound Blaster Zx Sound card]
    [Corsair Liquid Cooler] [EVGA Bronze 600watt Power supply] [Samsung 840 EVO 128gb SSD, Samsung 850 EVO 500gb SSD, Western Digital 7200rpm Black HDD] [Logitech G105 Keyboard and G502 mouse] [Asus 24in 144hz LED Monitor and AOC 22in LED]

Quote Originally Posted by piin View Post
    [video=youtube;ZzitoTT14xg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzitoTT14xg[/vdeo]

I was just curious because I had heard stories about the raid environment. How could you root for a guy like this to win at anything?

SMH. I love to compete, (and I recognize the video I posted isn't a progression vid) but that is straight up verbal abuse.
    Need the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Camnorick View Post
    ...snip... Also yelling and being harsh to someone not in your guild, or in the presence of someone not in the guild, show little class. Riggs is a great raid leader in a great guild. He might be the only reason that they are one of the 3 best guilds in the world, but he also might be the reason why they are not the best.
    No doubt Riggs is a great player, but it is a team effort and the reason they are a top guild is because of the combined team competence of every player. If that is how he normally acts as a raid leader, a great raid leader he is not, luckily for him the other members of his team make up for in skill what he lacks in leadership.

Woah lol I would have been scared if I was in that raid. If I was the priest I'd have started crying.

IMHO, there's literally no circumstance in which talking to someone in an arrogant, degrading manner such as that is ever helpful. He just sounded like an idiot the entire time to me.

Sidenote: how can a RL of one of the top guilds in the world not know how every spec in his raid plays? I thought they would know that stuff like the back of their hand. And how can they be bringing healers that suck that bad? Am I missing something?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlarStormbringer View Post
    Check again. Typos happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    Not in my world they don'r.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since Rigg became Raid Leader they have produced & had huge success.

This is every Top <insert number here> guild leader ever. Get off your high horse, OP and anyone who agrees with OP.

Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    No doubt Riggs is a great player, but it is a team effort and the reason they are a top guild is because of the combined team competence of every player. If that is how he normally acts as a raid leader, a great raid leader he is not, luckily for him the other members of his team make up for in skill what he lacks in leadership.
    Yeah, it's a team. But have a shit leader, and I don't care how competent the others are, it'll fall to shit. The raid leader the one steering the ride. If his leadership sucked, they wouldn't be where they were. I know it would sound good if that weren't the case, and some people would probably hope for it, but the guy knows what he is doing, and can lead. People may not like him, but they don't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay View Post
    There is always a better way to handle yourself than reducing your mentality to a raging child, but judging by your justification of his behaviour I guess you fall into the raid leaders category.
    I hate to be the one to break it to you, I really do, but that's not how life works.

There's a difference between being wrong about something and being wrong and actively fighting anyone who tries to get you to fix it. At that point, everything grinds to a halt for as long as refuse to fix what you're doing. People will never stop caring about that. Nobody will ever be fine with wasting their own time and energy because they don't want to hurt your ego.

You're right about one thing: most people don't yell at other people and lose their cool when that happens. Want to know why? In the real world, they'll just fire you from your job. If we want to go to the sports analogy, they'll cut you from the team. If it's a friend, they'll stop hanging out with you. If it's a customer, they'll just find someone else to do business with. The only reason people don't bother getting in confrontations is that severing ties and finding someone else who isn't wrong is a lot easier. This fantasy where people will hinder their own progress because they want to politely debate you over something you're being belligerent about doesn't exist anywhere else in the real world. People never get any nicer about you wasting their time, they just opt to fix it behind your back.

As backwards as it may strike your worldview, yelling at someone doing that is, in it's own twisted way, actually the nice thing to do. It's either that or they show you the door and find someone else.

Sure, if the raid group doesn't care about progress and just want to hang out and go slow, then that's totally fine. But then don't bring in a hardcore raidleader and act surprised when he does what he always has.

10+ Year Old Account
    Closing thread. It is hard ti stay constructive and on topic in threads like these, without insulting or flaming someone.