Thread: Bugged gear?

Bugged gear?

yesterday i went and got most of my gemming and enchanting done.

i had one piece of gear, Raiment of Blood and Bone, where i wasn't getting the +120 agility bonus.

and i couldn't figure out why until today.

here is my profile:
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...illxx/advanced

somehow i put a perfect red gem in a yellow slot?

is this a bug or am i missing something?

I don't get what the bug is? You put a red gem into a yellow gem socket. By not following the color, you forgo the socket bonus. Unless I'm missing something?

It's not a bug. You just aren't getting the bonus because it's not yellow.

i guess there was a change in cataclysm that i didnt know about.

In the past red gems could only go in red sockets. (purple and green could go in multiple sockets).

Not sure it was ever like that. Certainly hasn't been like that in a long time, before Cata. You can put any gem in any socket, but they have to match to get the bonus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any gem could always go into any color, even back in BC, as far as I'm aware. Otherwise socket bonuses would have had no purpose.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yup, this is nothing new. The only gem socket that mandates the matching gem color is the meta socket, and it's been that way since TBC when gems debuted.

Somewhat surprised you weren't aware of that, because in past expansions with weaker socket bonuses it was extremely common for a hunter to load up nearly every socket with a red agility gem regardless of color. Matching color frequently was (and sometimes still is) a dps loss, especially for hunters.

10+ Year Old Account
    JC only gems used to fit any socket and fullfill bonus no matter the color,iirc this was changed back in cata tho,used to be able to do it in WOTLK

Quote Originally Posted by Miloscub View Post
    JC only gems used to fit any socket and fullfill bonus no matter the color,iirc this was changed back in cata tho,used to be able to do it in WOTLK
    this. right now the meta gem dosnt require any bonus to work. they changed that this xpac before in order to actívate your meta gem you need it to get like 2 gems of each color, i dont remember if it was 2 of each color and then 1 of each color to then 3 red gems to actívate it in cata.

all that crap is gone thanks god because it was a mess, i think i used a couple of crit hit gems on my t6 shoulders in TBC to actívate the bonus of the meta gem without losing too much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Perrito View Post
    this. right now the meta gem dosnt require any bonus to work. they changed that this xpac before in order to actívate your meta gem you need it to get like 2 gems of each color, i dont remember if it was 2 of each color and then 1 of each color to then 3 red gems to actívate it in cata.

all that crap is gone thanks god because it was a mess, i think i used a couple of crit hit gems on my t6 shoulders in TBC to actívate the bonus of the meta gem without losing too much.
    Wow, I forgot about that. It's so strange to recall things that used to be common knowledge back in WOTLK and earlier, it feels so alien now.