Page 1 of 2
LastLast

90 Retribution Solo Lich King 25 man Heroic

I had about 20-30 attempts before 5.4 as retribution and I could never kill him, as I couldn't beat enrage timer and I kept wiping at around 20%. So I decided to wait for 5.4 and once I get 4p T16 I'll be able to doit. This is actually my 2nd kill as I killed him last reset while doing usual ICC mount run. Once I reached him I gave it a go and oneshooted it, same with this kill. I don't have 4p T16 as matter of fact I don't have any SoO gear. My IL is 544 and I killed it with help of Legendary cloak which gave me extra ~20 mil dmg.
    What I lacked was AoE dmg to zerg adds down plus get cleave on LK pre 5.4.

Here's some info about kill:

As mentioned above my IL is 544 and I have legendary cloak, so I recommend being around 540+ and having legendary cloak to attempt LK as ret.
    I used Seal of Insight to have constant healing so I can keep myself at 90%+.

Buffs:
    Strg Flask
    300 strg food
    Mastery Buff
    With 5.4 you should get BL and ofc stat drums

Glyphs:
    Glyph of Divine Storm
    Glyph of Double Jeopardy
    Glyph of Divine Protection
    You can also use Exo glyph for cleave.

Talents:
    Tier 1: Speed of Light - You can use any out of three.
    Tier 2: Fist of Justice - Very helpfully against Horrors to stun them at low hp.
    Teir 3: Sacred Shield
    Tier 4: Unbreakable Spirit - Very helpfull talent combined with Glyph of DP
    Tier 5: Divine Purpose - I used RNG for extra cleave plus combined with DS glyph extra healing.
    Tier 6: Execution Sentence - For max dps/dmg

Tactic:

In PH 1 make sure you nuke Horrors as prio. They do way to much dmg when they manage to hit you. For little Gohuls just cleave them down and make sure you're at 90%+ all the time before Infest cast.
    Transition PH, prio Spirits and nuke them down as fast as posb. You can set macro for Judgment to focus down Orbs or you can get near them as they spawn and just cleave it down. Make sure you cast FoL or WoG on yourself you need to keep yourself up.
    In PH 2 avoid Defile and make sure you're at 90%+ before Infest cast.
    PH 3 is zerg phase you don't need to keep your HP above 90%+ as LK doesn't cast Infest at that point.Use Divine protection for each vile spirit attc and burn boss down.

This is my first time making vid so acept my appologies if video above is bad or music to loud.
    I always liked soloing things as ret, I kinda hated that I had to do LK as prot but day finaly came to doit as ret.
    I hope you enjoy the video and if you have any question feel free to ask.
    Last edited by Monoroth; 2013-09-19 at 06:52 AM.

this video is private >.<

My bad try now

Grats! That was a lot lower item level than I expected would be required, but I did think the cloak would help tons since it is insane for ghouls. My question, is it possible to purposely push P1 as short as possible with BL and ignore the shamblings until transition?

Now that it's been doable at roughly my ret item level this weekend I may give it a shot. While I enjoyed doing it as Prot having to constantly respec and at times reforge was getting on my nerves, hopefully this will make mount farming a lot smoother once on farm.

Tried after reading this and it was a lot easier than I expected, hardest part was definitely P1. Thanks for the motivation
    edit: I was about 2 and a half minutes away from enrage with 544 ilvl. (Greatsword of Pride's Fall normal + Eye of Galakras)
    Last edited by Rasstapp; 2013-09-19 at 05:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    Grats! That was a lot lower item level than I expected would be required, but I did think the cloak would help tons since it is insane for ghouls. My question, is it possible to purposely push P1 as short as possible with BL and ignore the shamblings until transition?

Now that it's been doable at roughly my ret item level this weekend I may give it a shot. While I enjoyed doing it as Prot having to constantly respec and at times reforge was getting on my nerves, hopefully this will make mount farming a lot smoother once on farm.
    It's doable if you manage to push him in 1st transition PH while having 1 Horror up or mybe 2, but it's risky. Most of the time they miss you alot, but when they manage to hit you with enrage buff up it does quite alot of dmg. I guess Gly of BoG should help if you can slow and kite atleast one of them in 1st transition PH.

gratz mate! one question tho since i cant watch the vid (at work). how far from enrage were you? if it was far off is it poss to just head up to throne while transitions are?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

On both of my kills I was 20 secs or so of enrage. At around 12% which is 1 min and 30 sec before he goes into enrage I get sucked into Frostmourne. If I managed to push that extra 1-2 mil I would have left 90 sec before enrage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Do you use cds as they come up? Or save for the transition phases? Do you try and kill the spirits?

I used CD's as they came of cooldown. That's why I went for DP aka rng spec to have more sustained dps on adds and I do focus killing spirits, after they're dead I switch back to LK.

Deleted
    Monoroth for front page! Ret soloing is the new craze right?

Any thoughts on eternal flame instead of ss? Should provide more healing overall.

I thought about it but it's waste of Holy Power as you'r using Seal of Insight already. I much rather kept SS and tryed to snapshot trinket procs most of the time which gave me around 50k absorb shield. With current IL any dps you can throw at boss is welcome.
    So it takes lets say 15 mins to kill LK, EF last for 30 sec. If you have 100% uptime that's 30 EF casts over course of the fight at end you get 90 Holy power spent on EF which could be DS or TV. So I much rather went for SS cause of absorbs.

Its 2am now. It will be the second thing I will do tomorrow, first is brush my teeth. Thank you for the video.

Deleted
    I think eternal flame would be better for dps because I very much doubt 1 TV every 30 seconds is worth more dps than using truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    World first? I haven't seen any evidence of anyone doing it as ret before.

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    I think eternal flame would be better for dps because I very much doubt 1 TV every 30 seconds is worth more dps than using truth.
    Depends, would 1 3hp EF heal more over time than using SoI for that 30secs? If the fight is ~15min, then that is atleast 30 TV, which on the low end would be about ~3mil dps. I think SoT would be way more than 3mill in a 15min fight.

If so, then this should be do-able at a lower ilvl using SoT/EF for the extra dps.

is the buff to us in ICC 30% hp, damage, and healing done?

Very impressed, will definitely try this.
    Last edited by hugsofdeath; 2013-09-20 at 04:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hugsofdeath View Post
    Depends, would 1 3hp EF heal more over time than using SoI for that 30secs? If the fight is ~15min, then that is atleast 30 TV, which on the low end would be about ~3mil dps. I think SoT would be way more than 3mill in a 15min fight.

If so, then this should be do-able at a lower ilvl using SoT/EF for the extra dps.

is the buff to us in ICC 30% hp, damage, and healing done?

Very impressed, will definitely try this.
    even if it healed less, it still heals far more than SS over that 30 second period, especially after the recent buffs and nerfs.

I did this on my ret earlier this week b4 the reset. I used eternal flame as mentioned above and sat in SoT. I also took Holy avenger and Holy Prism for the constant extra heal and more aoe when I needed it. was pretty easy and the only challenge was staying topped up for infests and killing adds b4 too many overwhelmed you. Oh and I did it with ToT gear. probably would have been alot easier with the new 4 set.

I'm glad this is possible now. With the recent prot changes I've been having a hard time doing it and this played out a lot better for me. I used EF and only went to SoI for a minute or so in P2
    Last edited by Sarix; 2013-09-20 at 08:03 PM.