Page 61 of 75 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Don't think so. All the patching is done through Steam. I have not see the patches posted anywhere else.
    Well see, I know about the Steam patching and all that.. The Sims 3 patches through Origin.. But I have all those pirated too, but there is a few MOD sites with Sims 3, and they usually post all the patches for anyone who has pirated versions.

Was just wondering if there might be one like that, for Rome 2.. Going to look around the net when I get back to the computer that has Rome 2.
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

10+ Year Old Account
    hmm if you add a catapult to a naval fleet do you endup with a ship with a cata on board or are you stuck with archers/ballista/scorpions?

as boarding sucks
    Last edited by Achaman; 2013-09-20 at 04:42 AM.

SO when is that big patch coming out? I kinda want to start playing again

Deleted
    the new patch seems good, battles have been a lot better. AI has been playing smarter during the campaign

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    hmm if you add a catapult to a naval fleet do you endup with a ship with a cata on board or are you stuck with archers/ballista/scorpions?

as boarding sucks
    siege weapon transports only have the siege crew in battle, and are therefore completely useless.
    it kinda makes sense though. i imagine the siege weapons used on ships wouldn't be exactly the same as on land (even if the game uses the same models) and the crews would need to be trained and experienced with aiming from a moving and floating platform. not to mention that while the siege crews themselves are of course utterly useless, having the siege weapons on transports would make them almost as strong as a dedicated artillery ships, since they are very vulnerable to boarding anyway and should be kept away from enemy vessels.

speaking of artillery ships: i think it's really stupid how little ammunition they have.. they seem to have as many shots as artillery on land - but only from one siege weapon, instead of somewhere between 2 and 8, depending on unit size. not to mention that a trieres or penteres would be able to savely and easily store soooo much more ammunition than a fighting army would.

Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    not to mention that a trieres or penteres would be able to savely and easily store soooo much more ammunition than a fighting army would.
    Armies have munition carts, a ship only has what it can store in the magazines - and that's not much, seeing as they also need to store enough food and drinking water for days at sea - even granted that in the Roman era ships rarely sailed on the open sea, they needed at least enough supplies to get them to another friendly port. In any case, it does make perfect sense that artillery ships have a lot less ammo than ground artillery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Armies have munition carts
    of course, but they need to be at a size that can easily be moved around in battle. i think the amount of ammunition of land artillery is fine, even if the carts are 'invisible'.
    a ship only has what it can store in the magazines - and that's not much, seeing as they also need to store enough food and drinking water for days at sea - even granted that in the Roman era ships rarely sailed on the open sea, they needed at least enough supplies to get them to another friendly port. In any case, it does make perfect sense that artillery ships have a lot less ammo than ground artillery.
    i am well aware of what these ships had to store to support all the crew, but we're talking about ships here that have 50 more soldiers in other unit types, plus towers or scorpions. i can have 70 archers and two scorpions (who seem to have infinite ammunition, but that is a problem in itself) on the same ship type that can have one onager and 20 engineers. do you honestly mean to tell me that 50 soldiers, including all the supplies you mentioned to support them, take up less space than the ammunition stored on a single ammunition cart (with a single land artillery unit using 2-8 carts, one for each engine)?^^

also sort of on that topic, i would like to see separate ammunition for normal and explosive shots of siege weapons. i know it is for simplification purposes, but unlike with arrows and such, the projectile fired is a completely different one. you can't just wrap some clothing around a boulder to make it explode on impact^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh... While land battles are better after the patch, naval battles are still a mess. We probably have a patch or two before they get better.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone had any luck keeping your lineage going? My super awesome general hasn't been able to get married and has no children to speak of. Would rather not have him die and then have to replace him with another guy from a different house.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, guess I'll check back in a year. :/

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rning/advanced
    i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz - R9-280X @ 1150Mhz on stock voltage - 8GB of DDR3 Ram @ 1866Mhz

10+ Year Old Account
    Well we are already up to three patches. So if Empire is any guide we are half way to CA throwing in the towel and moving on to the next one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sy View Post
    siege weapon transports only have the siege crew in battle, and are therefore completely useless.
    it kinda makes sense though. i imagine the siege weapons used on ships wouldn't be exactly the same as on land (even if the game uses the same models) and the crews would need to be trained and experienced with aiming from a moving and floating platform. not to mention that while the siege crews themselves are of course utterly useless, having the siege weapons on transports would make them almost as strong as a dedicated artillery ships, since they are very vulnerable to boarding anyway and should be kept away from enemy vessels.

speaking of artillery ships: i think it's really stupid how little ammunition they have.. they seem to have as many shots as artillery on land - but only from one siege weapon, instead of somewhere between 2 and 8, depending on unit size. not to mention that a trieres or penteres would be able to savely and easily store soooo much more ammunition than a fighting army would.
    build a bigger ship? able to fit a cata and enough ammo :/

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pilobolus View Post
    Has anyone had any luck keeping your lineage going? My super awesome general hasn't been able to get married and has no children to speak of. Would rather not have him die and then have to replace him with another guy from a different house.
    was wondering about that as i remember in rtw when i kept getting pressed to attack the senate i ended up losing from running out of heirs :/

i was hoping it wouldnt be like that again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    was wondering about that as i remember in rtw when i kept getting pressed to attack the senate i ended up losing from running out of heirs :/

i was hoping it wouldnt be like that again
    I suspect that is another "unfinished" part of the game. I've been able to marry members of other houses but not my own. So its pretty much impossible for get a dynasty going. Hopefully they'll finish it in a patch but I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Found Update 1, for manual patch, now just looking/waiting for updates 2 & 3..

Any ideas, anyone?
    <~$~("The truth, is limitless in its range. If you drop a 'T' and look at it in reverse, it could hurt.")~$~> L.F.

<~$~("The most hopelessly stupid man is he who is not aware he is wise.")~$~> I.A.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yikes, tried 1.3 and it runs like complete crap now. Even deleted the appdata and its still crap now.

/sigh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    It sucks, it's pretty much unplayable for me.. I would have been extremely pissed had I actually paid $60 for it..

- - - Updated - - -

Are you sure that isn't your men getting over-ran and then routing?
    was the last time that i gave money for pc game from now on only pirate games i dont think i said to sega 1st i will take the game and then in time i will pay for it cause they do the same thing 1st they took my money and then they will fix the game from now on only free to play and pirate thats it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rottenpen View Post
    was the last time that i gave money for pc game from now on only pirate games i dont think i said to sega 1st i will take the game and then in time i will pay for it cause they do the same thing 1st they took my money and then they will fix the game from now on only free to play and pirate thats it
    I can't really tell you, you should and I can't really tell you not to.. But, 95% of it works for me.. Some games that have online features, I can't really partake in those on a pirated game, at least none for the ones I play. But, it's saved me a lot of money.

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Yikes, tried 1.3 and it runs like complete crap now. Even deleted the appdata and its still crap now.

/sigh
    Works fine here, Just that ALT TAB bug.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rning/advanced
    i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz - R9-280X @ 1150Mhz on stock voltage - 8GB of DDR3 Ram @ 1866Mhz

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Violent View Post
    I can't really tell you, you should and I can't really tell you not to.. But, 95% of it works for me.. Some games that have online features, I can't really partake in those on a pirated game, at least none for the ones I play. But, it's saved me a lot of money.
    my english are not the best out there so im not sure if you can understand what im saying i just dont see the reason why i should pay for a game today if that game is not ready y at some point they will fix everything but they have my money now i have the game sitting on the pc and i dont touch it cause of the problems that it has grafics on low 30 fps grafics on extreme 30 fps nothing change on campain you do history batles everything run like charm