Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Am i the only one saddened by the fact that people spend their lunch breaks to playing mmo-game from work? And argue about it?

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    They should know what they are saying will be taken at word value.
    You've got to be kidding me.

Blizzard might as well not ever post again, if that's the expectation they have. No offense, but the only people taking their comments at "word value" are idiots that can't read beyond a single sentence.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Alt tab from whatever you're working on and queue for LFR one hour prior to your lunch break.

how is this a false premise?
    Ghostcrawler said you can do lfr in a lunchbreak. I can't do it in one hour, yet a lone 2 hours.
    That is inherently false. Just making sure you agree that blizzard's representative is false.
    @ghostcrawler might we see lfr phased out in favor of flex? If opening end-game content to all is the goal, perhaps dif way to achieve it?
    @ghostcrawler might we see lfr phased out in favor of flex? If opening end-game content to all is the goal, perhaps dif way to achieve it?
    are you going to keep pretending this quote doesn't exist?
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    Am i the only one saddened by the fact that people spend their lunch breaks to playing mmo-game from work? And argue about it?
    I spend mine eating xD

- - - Updated - - -

I spend mine eating xD
    and the actual time working.

Ghostcrawler isn't referring to the queue, but the time it'll take to complete the Looking for Raid Wing you're interested in. Most people will have enough time on their lunch breaks to do so.

The reason he is ignoring the queue is because it is impossible to pin it down to an average. Sometimes Damage Dealers get instant queues, and other times they're unfortunate and have to wait 58 minutes. It depends on so many factors that it really isn't suited for a Twitter discussion, hence his brief, and correct statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Layuth View Post
    He doesn't literally mean balanced. It's just another way of saying within 40-50k.
    Off topic but it's just insane to me to see how dmg output has been scaling this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    The point is you'd be playing for fun, not planning to run the whole wing or multiple wings. LFR, for all of its charms and problems, isn't all that serious a business. Log on, have fun for an hour.
    Yeah. I mean, I would probably choose to do something else, because I view LFR as a chore and would rather clear a wing rather than having to requeue and kill those bosses again later, but yeah I suppose if the OP doesn't care too much about actually getting to the end of the wing, then queuing and playing for a half hour shouldn't be an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    are you going to keep pretending this quote doesn't exist?
    they are completely unrelated. I don't see why you keep pretending that quote means something else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    Ghostcrawler isn't referring to the queue, but the time it'll take to complete the Looking for Raid Wing you're interested in. Most people will have enough time on their lunch breaks to do so.
    my lfrs do not take less than an hour to do. besides very rare circumstances.

they usually take at least 90 minutes. way more than a lunch break.

they are completely unrelated. I don't see why you keep pretending that quote means something else.
    Really? REALLY? Completely unrelated? You can read, right? I mean, you're replying to posts here and using words, but I don't understand how you could possibly be so ignorant.

Let's go over this again.

Might we see LFR phased out in favor of Flex? If opening end-game content to all is the goal, perhaps dif way to achieve it?
    If you want to raid say on your lunch break, LFR works for that but flex may not. (Source)
    That's directly from the main page. The first line is the question, the second line is GC's response.

Looks pretty related to me.

Furthermore, the response, taken on it's own, DOESN'T EVEN MAKE SENSE!

Seriously, get some reading comprehension.

Here, let me do it for you:

Are we going to see LFR go away now that we have Flex?
    Nope, flex and LFR are targeting different demographics.
    That's all that GC meant. The lunch break thing? That was an example. You're not supposed to focus on it.
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    Not saddened but surprised...*I* can't sit in a chair for that long without wanting to stretch my legs a bit, enjoy my lunch without becoming irritated by some random thing happening in the game. I usually end up taking a walk on my lunch breaks.

But if raiding started to be balanced around completing raid wings during a 30 minute lunch, I would probably find that to be a bit weird.
    Last edited by Celista; 2013-09-21 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    You've got to be kidding me.

Blizzard might as well not ever post again, if that's the expectation they have. No offense, but the only people taking their comments at "word value" are idiots that can't read beyond a single sentence.
    So now everyone who takes the meaning of what has been said, and doesn't make a massive scene out of every little word and statement is a moronic Blizzard fan boy?

Sorry, but Ghostcrawler was clearly referring to the time it takes to complete a single LFR Wing, of which it does not take two hours unless very unlucky, which is also very unlikely! I the longest it has taken me to ever complete a LFR wing was ~45 Minutes, without the determination buff being in the game.

So now everyone who takes the meaning of what has been said, and doesn't make a massive scene out of every little word and statement is a moronic Blizzard fan boy?

Sorry, but Ghostcrawler was clearly referring to the time it takes to complete a single LFR Wing, of which it does not take two hours unless very unlucky, which is also very unlikely! I the longest it has taken me to ever complete a LFR wing was ~45 Minutes, without the determination buff being in the game.
    I hope you meant to quote someone else, because your post had nothing to do with what I said.
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

my lfrs do not take less than an hour to do. besides very rare circumstances.

they usually take at least 90 minutes. way more than a lunch break.
    A single Looking for Raid wing does not take 90 minutes to complete. If it does however in the rare few cases, simply just quit and go back to your job. Complaining that the content isn't really tailored to your lunch break is rather pathetic.

He made a passing statement that personally stands true. Never had a Looking for Raid wing last 90 minutes.

what realm are you on? I would like to be there (not actually going to transfer, just want to know)

you actually complete a wing of lfr in 45 minutes? that's amazing.

I the longest it has taken me to ever complete a LFR wing was ~45 Minutes, without the determination buff being in the game.
    Really? When I solo queued for ToT LFR last patch, it would usually take the group an hour to clear with no wipes. 45 minutes was a "fast" run, 30 mins for guild runs.

what realm are you on? I would like to be there (not actually going to transfer, just want to know)
    Twisting Nether EU, Horde.

Realms have very little to do with LFR Queue, it is cross-realm technology and connected to ensure everyone gets an acceptable queue time relevant to them. I know it does have a degree of influence over the times, but not enough so that one realm has a 5 minute queue while another gets 58 minute queues.

Sorry to say, but your arguments are just invalid and rather pointless. You're complaining that you can't do an LFR wing on your lunch break. Oh well, just go do something else then. World of Warcraft shouldn't be tailored around lunch breaks, so if what he said doesn't stand true for yourself, just move on and accept he wasn't referring to yourself.

As I said though, he made these comments on Twitter, a site that only lets him say so much about a subject and often leads to people taking it way out of context, like this thread. Just deal with it yourself like an adult.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Really? When I solo queued for ToT LFR last patch, it would usually take the group an hour to clear with no wipes. 45 minutes was a "fast" run, 30 mins for guild runs.
    I'd have 45-minute average runs on my warlock, back when I was still going for Secrets and Runestones. I mean, it's just 3 bosses.
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Really? I've never had LFR runs that have gone smoothly go on for more then ~45 Minutes. Sure, if you include stupid wipes due to ninja pulls and general failures that make it unbareable to play, then it drags on, but I tend to just leave those groups anyway and do something else.

For runs that I complete and generally run smooth, it takes no more then around ~45 minutes in my experience.

Deleted
    you actually complete a wing of lfr in 45 minutes? that's amazing.
    I'm pulling this out of my ass because I can't remember exactly but I think we did the first wing of ToT in 45-50 minutes yesterday on a completely LFR group with no friends.

People just had decent gear and did good dps.

More ass covering by the king of ass covering.

Who the fuck plays LFR in the middle of the day on a "lunch break"? People trying to torture themselves?