Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamanis View Post
    It's still the fact that an engineer can only make one every 30 days is what is going to make the price be so high, not what the raw materials are. I doubt you'll ever see them around 30-40k
    True, it's one of the reasons why big slot bags are so darn expensive (5k~ per bag), but then again, basically everyone and their mom has engineering, at least most PvPers do. There was a guy who said something like this in a previous thread:
    High demand = high price
    Low demand = low price
    high quantity = low price
    low quantity = high price
    I'm not 100% sure if this is exactly what he said.. and it's pretty basic stuff, but considering there will be high demand at start AND high quantity will make it semi-expensive, or so I think.
    When the high demand drops, which it most likely will steadily, it'll become cheaper due to high quantity.

Idk, this is just what I think will happen. I've no clue of economics :P

All I'm hoping is that it will be around the 30k after the high demand drops.

10+ Year Old Account
    I expect high demand and low supply. Where the price lands idk, but I think the 20-50k people are way too low.

Quote Originally Posted by kejer View Post
    I am planning to come back to wow around thanksgiving/Christmas. My budget for this mount is around 10k, max 15k. Yeah i know i am a cheapo.
    I guess you will still be walking then :LD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    Man inscribers had a tougher job if you had one. You had to have a perfect proc in order to make a deck in one month using ONE inscriber, since you had 1/32 chance to get a card you need. And the price for deck wasnt 100k and price for mats was more then 20k at the start, for 8 cards, now add proc chance and there you go. Every engineer that got the recipe and on my low populated server i know 6 who got it on one faction will have it, there is no chnace to make it, once you had the recipe it is yours!!! So no, if the mats cost 30k, chances of selling one for 300k are slim, thats is like making 10k gold each day with 1min investment.
    There is something called supply and demand, many would like to have it and many have leveled engineer in order to make one for them and to sell it, what do you think will happen to price when you see 20x or even much more?

- - - Updated - - -

But as you said it took you 30sec to make mats, and most of ppl got recipe by doing daily quests and farming rep on Timeless Isle, so you simply cant use that as a time invested for just one thing, getting recipe. Recipe has a chance, that is granted, but many, and I do mean many engineers went there and got recipe in 2 days of "farming". Rest is just time invested to click a button on your profession tab and to buy mats if you need them.
    Irrelevant. Time investment and mat cost are only two contributors to the final selling price. And yes I did have an Inscriber and yes he made filthy profits "perfect procs" withstanding.
    I didn't say that the Sky Golem will sell for over 10x "investment" costs. Only that "investment" costs are not the sole contributor to the final sale value. Also being an engineer has an investment cost ( as does any profession) which will vary from product to product as you have invested one of your two primary slots; that time clicking one button in your profession tab which you are so blase about actually has a cost and it isn't measured in the two seconds it takes to create the daily CD.
    Note, I have no dog in this race; my first mount is getting learned by myself with the second and third promised to my wife and friend so I'm not too fussed on the final sale price in this item even in opportunity costs, but the idea that you can either measure and value "investment costs" on a daily CD and that items cannot be sold for 10x the mat cost plus time investment cost are both wrong. The two major contributors to a final sale price, both in game and in real life, are scarcity and desirability and creation and labor costs only have an influence on opportunity costs or if the product sells at a loss ; it's why Gillette can sell Fusion blades for so much profit and Apple can keep the value of their products at the same level even though their "mat costs" have went down.

Quote Originally Posted by cronight View Post
    what do you think which aprox. price will be for sky when mount will be available ???

(ask like someone who wanna sell not buy)

cheers
    One sold a couple days ago on the Illidan AH for 888,888g. Someone got lucky either from blingtron or they did the trick of dropping engineering 30 times for it.

Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    The two major contributors to a final sale price, both in game and in real life, are scarcity and desirability and creation and labor costs only have an influence on opportunity costs or if the product sells at a loss ; it's why Gillette can sell Fusion blades for so much profit and Apple can keep the value of their products at the same level even though their "mat costs" have went down.
    This is some of the worst I have yet to read on MMO. You're comparing the price of Apple products to a Sky Golem? The reason Apple can sell their products so expensive and keep a high demand is due to their trademark. Apple is a globally known (for good or worse) and regarded trademark that a lot of people associate with prestige and quality. Nobody but Apple can sell products under that trademark. EVERYONE can sell Sky Golems, hell I have 5 engineers ready to launch 5 of those bad boys when I have 30 mats. If everybody could sell products under the banner of Apple the price would plummet because everyone would compete with eachother.

As a lot of others have predicted there will be a lot of competition to get the first and most expensive sales once 30 days have passed. When I got the idea of rolling 5 engineers for sweet profit, how many of the 1000s of other players didn't get the same idea. Make no mistake, there will be a lot of Sky Golems on the AH when it's possible and as we already know a lot of people really love to undercut with huge margins. There's no way this mount won't make engineers a hefty profit due to the time it takes to create one, but I think a lot of you are setting your hopes up too high.

If it doesn't reach my lowest selling point, for a months wait, I'm keeping it.
    Last edited by smartAXE; 2013-09-21 at 11:17 AM.
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

10+ Year Old Account
    making 3, useing 1, selling 2 others for 350k each.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Findus707 View Post
    I was hoping for 200k but i will put mine directly under the highest one so hopefully i can make 100-300k

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Findus707 View Post
    LOL
    Try 20k - 30K a piece.

These mounts are going to get flooded into the economy, and they will be as expensive as a pair of worn shoes.

Realistic evaluation of the mount production:

30 living steel. Let's say the costs are 500g a piece. Which is the current price on Area52 US for one. That makes it 15.000g for the Steel.
    Now even if we say the daily CD is worth 1000g. That makes it another 30.000.
    All in all, the mount is not worth more than 45.000g at best.
    If we bring the value of the CD down to the average of what CDs are going for, then we get different numbers.
    With 300g for a CD the mount value is 24.000g
    With 200g for a CD the mount value is 21.000g

In the end, it will boil down to solidarity within the Engineer community of the realms. And I don't believe in such to exist. The prices will be as low as it gets.
    Someone always starts the undercut spiral..
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    LOL
    Try 20k - 30K a piece.

These mounts are going to get flooded into the economy, and they will be as expensive as a pair of worn shoes.

Realistic evaluation of the mount production:

30 living steel. Let's say the costs are 500g a piece. Which is the current price on Area52 US for one. That makes it 15.000g for the Steel.
    Now even if we say the daily CD is worth 1000g. That makes it another 30.000.
    All in all, the mount is not worth more than 45.000g at best.
    If we bring the value of the CD down to the average of what CDs are going for, then we get different numbers.
    With 300g for a CD the mount value is 24.000g
    With 200g for a CD the mount value is 21.000g

In the end, it will boil down to solidarity within the Engineer community of the realms. And I don't believe in such to exist. The prices will be as low as it gets.
    Someone always starts the undercut spiral..
    The prize isnt determined by the value, its determined by the demand.

All your math means nothing when the demand is high. Sorry

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    The prize isnt determined by the value, its determined by the demand.

All your math means nothing when the demand is high. Sorry
    The demand is high, but it means little when the supply is just as high...
    The other engi mounts sold just as much below value, so do and did the JC mounts.

Why would this one mount be an exception to all other mounts (or items crafted)?
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

10+ Year Old Account
    im keeping my first golem i make, so idc what they sell for...i already have enough gold, dont need to sell it for more.

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    I was hoping for 200k but i will put mine directly under the highest one so hopefully i can make 100-300k
    My plan exactly. Though I know there won't be much first day competition on my server, I mean there's hardly any AH action here at all. Just a majority of poor guys that couldn't affort raid flasks and 3 or 4 millionaires that are too lazy to even lift a finger once per day and buy everything they can get for whatever the price is.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    On that note - do you also believe the 553 gear (like the plate legs) will also be extremely high priced - due to only being able to make 1 pair every 28 days? Obviously with out using Spirits of war.
    No. The mount is unique.
    Gear is not.

Irrelevant. Time investment and mat cost are only two contributors to the final selling price. And yes I did have an Inscriber and yes he made filthy profits "perfect procs" withstanding.
    I didn't say that the Sky Golem will sell for over 10x "investment" costs. Only that "investment" costs are not the sole contributor to the final sale value. Also being an engineer has an investment cost ( as does any profession) which will vary from product to product as you have invested one of your two primary slots; that time clicking one button in your profession tab which you are so blase about actually has a cost and it isn't measured in the two seconds it takes to create the daily CD.
    It is relevant by all means. Its a CD, many professions have a CD, you can value your CD 1k gold and that is ok, and you can put a price on 6k gold and that is beyond any reason. I made 2mill with 7 inscribers, but you are also forgetting the thing that inscribers in MoP also have daily CD + making deck is much harder then making a golem since there was a chance to get a right card. yes, you could buy the cards you needed from Ah, but that is of no concern for a buyer of your deck. At the start of MoP to make one card it cost you 2k gold, and you needed 8 card, so one deck not counting CDs and time invested to mill mats, make inks was 16k or more and you also had to w8 30days for DMF to come.
    Ofc they are not, but you cant put the final cost to a product many times higher then initial investment and time. I leveled engineering in one day, less then 4 hours, and it cost me 13k or little less considering i was vendoring stuff i didnt need. It has a cost in mats, and you are calculating that into a final product, but you cant put a value of a CD to 10k.

I've seen 20~ or so people with them already on my server, and everyone I know has one or is already making their own. I expect demand to be very low for the sky golem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadlack View Post
    This is some of the worst I have yet to read on MMO. You're comparing the price of Apple products to a Sky Golem? The reason Apple can sell their products so expensive and keep a high demand is due to their trademark. Apple is a globally known (for good or worse) and regarded trademark that a lot of people associate with prestige and quality. Nobody but Apple can sell products under that trademark. EVERYONE can sell Sky Golems, hell I have 5 engineers ready to launch 5 of those bad boys when I have 30 mats. If everybody could sell products under the banner of Apple the price would plummet because everyone would compete with eachother.

As a lot of others have predicted there will be a lot of competition to get the first and most expensive sales once 30 days have passed. When I got the idea of rolling 5 engineers for sweet profit, how many of the 1000s of other players didn't get the same idea. Make no mistake, there will be a lot of Sky Golems on the AH when it's possible and as we already know a lot of people really love to undercut with huge margins. There's no way this mount won't make engineers a hefty profit due to the time it takes to create one, but I think a lot of you are setting your hopes up too high.
    Where the hell did I directly compare Apple products to Sky Golems? And you are confusing trademarks with branding. I suggest before lambasting another's comment you do two things; one, actually read the comment and two, actually have a clue what you are talking about.
    That little part of the comment of mine which you are so quick to decry as "the worst " you have read says "The two major contributors to a final sale price, both in game and in real life, are scarcity and desirability" which pray tell conflicts with your own assessment of "prestige and quality"?
    Try harder next time before schooling someone. And read some more, you need the practice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by markos82 View Post
    It is relevant by all means. Its a CD, many professions have a CD, you can value your CD 1k gold and that is ok, and you can put a price on 6k gold and that is beyond any reason. I made 2mill with 7 inscribers, but you are also forgetting the thing that inscribers in MoP also have daily CD + making deck is much harder then making a golem since there was a chance to get a right card. yes, you could buy the cards you needed from Ah, but that is of no concern for a buyer of your deck. At the start of MoP to make one card it cost you 2k gold, and you needed 8 card, so one deck not counting CDs and time invested to mill mats, make inks was 16k or more and you also had to w8 30days for DMF to come.
    Ofc they are not, but you cant put the final cost to a product many times higher then initial investment and time. I leveled engineering in one day, less then 4 hours, and it cost me 13k or little less considering i was vendoring stuff i didnt need. It has a cost in mats, and you are calculating that into a final product, but you cant put a value of a CD to 10k.
    Of course you can. It's absolutely absurd equating mat cost+ time investment as the sole contributors to final sale value. How does one price rare world drops then? I just killed a mob which has no mat cost and next to zero time investment and by your reckoning should have next to zero value and yet some of these world drops go for thousands of gold.
    I'll say it again; I'm not saying that the Sky Golem will sell for 10x it's mat cost. I'm saying the mat cost and time investment will the lesser concerns over scarcity and prestige in their pricing.
    For instance; if there is only one engineer in a realm and a hundred gold capped players just chomping at the bit for this mount the final sale value of that mount will be grossly inflated versus a typical realm or one which has more engineers than the market for these mounts can sustain.
    I don't care how much the Sky Golem goes for. And if I was intending on selling one I'm not going to use the base Ghost Iron price in it's pricing; I'm going to use the market value of like products and if I'm the first in the AH with one then I'm going to make an estimation based on what I think it's desirability value is and not mat cost + time investment. It's not a gem I'm cutting; no matter how many engineers there are in a given realm you can't treat these mounts as a high volume item.

Of course you can. It's absolutely absurd equating mat cost+ time investment as the sole contributors to final sale value. How does one price rare world drops then? I just killed a mob which has no mat cost and next to zero time investment and by your reckoning should have next to zero value and yet some of these world drops go for thousands of gold.
    I'll say it again; I'm not saying that the Sky Golem will sell for 10x it's mat cost. I'm saying the mat cost and time investment will the lesser concerns over scarcity and prestige in their pricing.
    For instance; if there is only one engineer in a realm and a hundred gold capped players just chomping at the bit for this mount the final sale value of that mount will be grossly inflated versus a typical realm or one which has more engineers than the market for these mounts can sustain.
    I don't care how much the Sky Golem goes for. And if I was intending on selling one I'm not going to use the base Ghost Iron price in it's pricing; I'm going to use the market value of like products and if I'm the first in the AH with one then I'm going to make an estimation based on what I think it's desirability value is and not mat cost + time investment. It's not a gem I'm cutting; no matter how many engineers there are in a given realm you can't treat these mounts as a high volume item.
    You are confusing between thing called chance. When you have your recipe you can put out endless amount of Golems, well in this case 12 each year. I killed Kael'thas Sunstrider many times in order to obtain my mount, and then i decided to pay one person 250k for boost, and AFTER i get the mount. He boosted me on his 6 alts for 2 months until it finally dropped and i was happy enough to give him 250k. Since that was the price i thought it is Ok for me to spend.
    Scarcity isnt the case in regarding the mount, as I said, many leveled engineers in order to get recipe and make mount, many will keep it but most will sell hoping for a quick gold, well take quick as reserve. Prestige has nothing to do with a mount that isnt RARE. Mount wont be rare, like a Invincible, or black scarab that in 8 years i only seen 3 times!!!! Sky golem would be like alchemist mount thats even harder to obtain, well recpe is.
    But what if you have 300 players with mount ready for sale and same 100 players that are interested in it? And that is going to be more likely scenario considering many are leveling more then one, and from today i know 10 people what are going to have it in that 30 days time period and are willing to sell it. Former guild member will have 2, one he will use and one his GF. i leveled engineer for the only reason to make my own mount, and that will cost me 13K ( for leveling ) and lets say 30k for mats. next I will have one ready for sale, and considering i am not greedy I will put a small price on it, to cover gold invested + to make something, like 15-20%.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    God i hate when people use this damn excuse. It has nothing to do with the "how much the mats cost".

You obviously do not have an engineer. Here are some things you should know:

1) It is one of the hardest (if not the hardest) profession to level.
    2) There are not very many money making items for engineers. (mounts do not sell all that great due to the high cost to make them)
    3) It will take 30 days to make, using a daily CD.

So either level engineering - or pay what we (as engineers who took the time to level it and learn the necessary recipes) want to sell it for - an no less.

If you dont want to pay our price, then level it yourself, or gtfo cause you are dead wrong if you think anyone will sell it for the 16k you think it should go for.
    People with gold don't care how "hard" it is to level engineering since they would have the budget to buy it to max in 1 day. While 20k is obviously to low, I'd go with 80-100k max once the time comes.