High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account

Proving grounds (blood)

Has anyone determined the best gear for it yet? I tried searching for it but couldn't find anything.
    In general, what sort of gear should I be looking for it? What stats should I be looking for (is it the same as from guides dealing with non-463 gear)?

Tried it with DPS gear, 10th wave on gold destroyed me.

The key to proving grounds as a tank is knowing that the only healing the npc does is a strong hot on you pretty much the whole time and maximizing it. To beat it you have to minimize burst and maintain control. I used mastery heavy tank gear with 2 stamina trinkets, stam flask, and stam food. I found remoreseless winter and asphyxiate were extremely helpful also.

Quote Originally Posted by Boneshatter View Post
    The key to proving grounds as a tank is knowing that the only healing the npc does is a strong hot on you pretty much the whole time and maximizing it. To beat it you have to minimize burst and maintain control. I used mastery heavy tank gear with 2 stamina trinkets, stam flask, and stam food. I found remoreseless winter and asphyxiate were extremely helpful also.
    Good advice. Mastery, stamina and avoidance are king here -- your own damage contribution is secondary, and after downscaling no amount of haste you may be able to stack is going to make a major difference. Crit is a waste.

Success in PG boils down to reacting to incoming damage intelligently, both through the use of Death Strike on a tactical basis and your budgeting of timers on a more strategic level. Any time you expect a damage spike to occur, have at least one Death Strike in reserve and respond with it immediately afterwards. Any time you're tanking multiple hard-hitting mobs, have a timer and/or stun at your disposal. Don't forget about Army, although I wouldn't recommend using it against the Mogu mobs.

As a side note, do yourself a favor and take advantage of the lava pools. Once you have aggro on the mobs in question, activate AMS and backpedal across the fire so that they're standing in it and you're not. They should die very quickly.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Got the gear and got every achievement for endless in 1 try.
    Thanks for the advice!
    Btw, to anyone wondering: I got tank gear from msv/hof/toes lfrs and completely ignored hit/exp (which may or may not be optimal). I looked for gear with most sockets. Also, I used shado-pan (489) and timeless isle (496) trinkets (both tanking trinkets).
    Last edited by Skytip; 2013-09-22 at 01:11 PM.

So let me get this right. Focus on getting gear with Mastery + as many sockets as possible and after that either Dodge or Parry for 2nd stat. Gem stamina or mastery.

And what to use in prismatic sockets in glove/wrist/belt from BS? Stam or Mastery?

Tier bonuses does NOT work, right? What about trinkets. I heard some are really shit like the RPP ones?

This is what I got so far: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lenax/advanced - Don't bother looking at gems or enchants, all that stuff I will fix once I get more of the planned gear.

And this is my current plan in filling the "holes" WITHOUT mastery:

Neck:
    ???

Chest:
    Unyielding Bloodplate (crafted 496)

Legs:
    Legplates of Whipping Ionization (Lei Shen - ToT)

Finger:
    Ancient Overlord's Onyx Band (1250 justice)

Trinket:
    Vial of Living Corruption (Malkorok - Siege)
    Lao-Chin's Liquid Courage (1750 Justice)
    Soul Barrier (Lei Shen - ToT)

Weapon:
    Shin'ka, Execution of Dominion (She of Fear - Toes)
    Uroe, Harbinger of Terror (Lei Shen - ToT)
    Bo-Ris, Horror in the Night (Random boss ToT)

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Deleted
    I went with as much mastery as i could gain, extra gem sockets help a little, (The npcs seem to give you full raid buffs) and do not forget the health stones also before starting. Wave 10 gold me took quite a few trys to get use to, In the end i had army of the dead start tanking it so i could pick up The banana monkeys and get them off the npc. Once the 2 big npcs had finished there enrage and i had all 4 monkeys in wave 10 i would remorseless and then get as much range as possible after the stun lands to let the npc finish them off. The npc also seems to throw a healing dot out that ticks for 70k, ( This dosnt appear on my elv ui or in skada) not sure if anyone knows how to track this?? Hope This helps. GL

Quote Originally Posted by holybud View Post
    The npc also seems to throw a healing dot out that ticks for 70k, ( This dosnt appear on my elv ui or in skada) not sure if anyone knows how to track this?? Hope This helps. GL
    a "DoT" that heals you is btw called a "HoT"
    there is no point i tracking it since it permanently heals you for the same amount with same time between ticks and no downtime