Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

2.1 Patch Preview

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/blog/000494.html

Greetings, all!
    Bayohne here, with some exciting updates from the recent FFXIV stage show at the Tokyo Game Show!
    The team showed off some exciting content planned for patch 2.1!

(Keep in mind some terminologies may change before release...)

New Primal Battle: Good King Moggle Mog XII
    Extreme Mode Primal Battles
    New Dungeons

- Two Hard Mode Dungeons
    - Brand New Dungeon: Pharos Sirius

<images here>

Treasure Hunting
    Hard Mode Boss Battles
    Beastmen Daily Quests
    Duty Finder - Random Matching System

Look out for patch 2.1 this year! I can't wait!
    - Bayohne
    Mod Warning: Removed the bit about WoW. Please do not post comments that could start an argument. Let this thread be about the new patch, not WoW.
    Last edited by Wynnyelle; 2013-09-21 at 03:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lysah
    There really isn't much to say about SC2, it's not a very complex game. Three races that never change and that's it, end of story.

Quote Originally Posted by Graviteh View Post

Meanwhile in WoW, another hallway with a dozen tank and spank borefests!
    its looking good though. I look forward to it. but pls dont bash at WoW. will just turn into another WoW Vs FFXIV thread and we dont need that in these forums. they are two different games.

So they are adding moogle mog back in, awesome.
    Slaying 8bit dragons with 6 pixel long swords since 1987.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graviteh View Post

Meanwhile in WoW, another hallway with a dozen tank and spank borefests!
    As someone who plays both games, you're delusional if you think this is somehow any different. It also implies you don't actually play WoW as the content they've been putting out is redefining the game and is more plentiful than any MMO out right now. Do yourself a favor and remove the snipe, because it just makes this post worthless and makes people like me, who enjoy both games, have to defend your biased attacks.

I'm excited to see whats coming in FFXIV, b/c the game needs a lot of robust content quickly to captivate people and has a solid foundation to build on.
    BAD WOLF

You missed 3 new features in your "<images here>" section: The Crystal tower instance, Housing System, and PvP arena.
    Last edited by Valenhil; 2013-09-21 at 02:27 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valenhil View Post
    You missed 3 new features in your "<images here>" section: The Crystal tower instance, Housing System, and PvP arena.
    I'm sure I could find this info, but does someone have the skinny on housing? What are we looking at here. Preformatted pegs, completely free form decorating, does it serve a gameplay related purpose?

I'm a fan of all housing, but I'm very very curious if this is just a cosmetic time sink or something integral.
    BAD WOLF

Given the site we're on, its prolly a good bet at least half the people here still play WoW even when we venture into other MMOs.

Anyway, good to see there's news of more content (Not that most of it is available to me, I'm still only level 28. But I do plan on reaching end game)
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I'm sure I could find this info, but does someone have the skinny on housing? What are we looking at here. Preformatted pegs, completely free form decorating, does it serve a gameplay related purpose?

I'm a fan of all housing, but I'm very very curious if this is just a cosmetic time sink or something integral.
    Here's a bit of info i found a while ago... gives a bit more sight i think.

http://www.ffxivinfo.com/content/player-housing.php

Looks like a pretty good patch. I'm glad that they are adding new content so soon after launch. Gives me hope that they're going to stick with the game and make it better. Now I just need to get to max level so I can get to the end-game stuff!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkeeee View Post

Oh wow, so it will have a gameplay related purpose too. Other than the fact they said it would take what you earn from going 1-50 x3 in gil, it sounds awesome. That cost seems extravagant. We'd like to think it's something we're going to earn and be a great accomplishment, but that seems so high that gil sellers are controlling the pricing.
    BAD WOLF

Oh wow, so it will have a gameplay related purpose too. Other than the fact they said it would take what you earn from going 1-50 x3 in gil, it sounds awesome. That cost seems extravagant. We'd like to think it's something we're going to earn and be a great accomplishment, but that seems so high that gil sellers are controlling the pricing.
    that's like.... almost 600k gil...
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstonwolfe View Post
    In other words, he's worried about how sharp your bayonet is when you are firing RPG's.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well to be fair that's also the medium sized house, fully expecting the smaller ones to be freebies pretty much or something small like 10k or so. If houses affect gameplay to any extent they'd be shooting themselves in the foot telling people that event the smallest of houses requires something like all the gil your gained while leveling when up until 2.1 there's no real way for most to keep making gil at max level.

The majority of the current gil people are making is from all those fresh lvl 50s that throw their money at crafting items to level but don't try and make much themselves since the items sell for nothing. Without something like dailies eventually things are just going to dry up and there will be the 5% or so that have all the gil while everyone else is broke due to not having a real way to make anything(leves unless you come up with the mats yourself aren't a real source of income).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm137 View Post
    Well to be fair that's also the medium sized house, fully expecting the smaller ones to be freebies pretty much or something small like 10k or so. If houses affect gameplay to any extent they'd be shooting themselves in the foot telling people that event the smallest of houses requires something like all the gil your gained while leveling when up until 2.1 there's no real way for most to keep making gil at max level.
    I hope so, especially since the benefit of the house is to assist you in leveling the other classes/professions.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm137 View Post
    The majority of the current gil people are making is from all those fresh lvl 50s that throw their money at crafting items to level but don't try and make much themselves since the items sell for nothing. Without something like dailies eventually things are just going to dry up and there will be the 5% or so that have all the gil while everyone else is broke due to not having a real way to make anything(leves unless you come up with the mats yourself aren't a real source of income).
    Yeah. It's even worse since people can be self sufficient. The people with the most time will make a killing in this game, while others will quickly be pushed to poverty.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Patch looks solid, PvP , newer modes for existing content, new dungeons and a raid, housing, dailies , treasure hunting and hard mode bosses. Wonder what they mean by "Beastman Dailies", "Hardmode bosses" and "Treasure Hunting" (i know what they are probably , just not how they work or tie to the rest of the game , and that is interesting to me) . Hope its new alternative ways to play the game at level cap =) the game really needs it.
    Last edited by Razael; 2013-09-21 at 06:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirve View Post
    Patch looks solid, PvP , newer modes for existing content, new dungeons and a raid, housing, dailies , treasure hunting and hard mode bosses. Wonder what they mean by "Beastman Dailies", "Hardmode bosses" and "Treasure Hunting" (i know what they are probably , just not how they work or tie to the rest of the game , and that is interesting to me) . Hope its new alternative ways to play the game at level cap =) the game really needs it.
    If I'd have to take a guess:

Beastmen Dailies: Dailies that could start at Gridania/Limsa Lominsa/Ul'dah that invole the beastmen tribes of Eorzea (mainly the Amalj'aa in Thanalan, the Sahagin and the kobolds in La Noscea and the Ixal in the Black Shroud)
    Could be another way to level, something at level cap, or both. Though, it'll definitly bring in some more gil income.

Hard Mode Bosses: Seeing as it's not listed in the instance part at the top, I'm guessing these will be world bosses, similar to the Notorious Monster FATEs or Odin.
    FFXIV: Rintha Elenah | WoW: Rinth | GW2: Reno Turan

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spellweaver View Post
    If I'd have to take a guess:

Beastmen Dailies: Dailies that could start at Gridania/Limsa Lominsa/Ul'dah that invole the beastmen tribes of Eorzea (mainly the Amalj'aa in Thanalan, the Sahagin and the kobolds in La Noscea and the Ixal in the Black Shroud)
    Could be another way to level, something at level cap, or both. Though, it'll definitly bring in some more gil income.

Hard Mode Bosses: Seeing as it's not listed in the instance part at the top, I'm guessing these will be world bosses, similar to the Notorious Monster FATEs or Odin.
    Hmm, interesting . I'm sure they'll clarify sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkeeee View Post

That's the info I found on Google the other night. Reminds me of the LoTRO housing.

Which is a good thing. I fucking loved LoTRO's housing.

Deleted
    hoping they also add a lvl 50 version of the existing dungeons, i dont care if people think this is too similar to wow, doesnt have to be spefically hard mode, just gives more stuff to do at lvl 50 in terms of variation, also varied drops wouldnt hurt either, WP and AK are intended to be harder instances that drop loot in terms of 4 man, but would love more variation even if the items are lower quality then those, it also adds as a stepping stone to those instances and beyond, also more 8 man stuff wouldnt hurt, castrum and praet are actually good fun if you dont have idiots that want to ruin the fun from people if they wish so.

What's the Wolve's dungeon? it looks cool.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorianrage View Post
    hoping they also add a lvl 50 version of the existing dungeons, i dont care if people think this is too similar to wow, doesnt have to be spefically hard mode, just gives more stuff to do at lvl 50 in terms of variation, also varied drops wouldnt hurt either, WP and AK are intended to be harder instances that drop loot in terms of 4 man, but would love more variation even if the items are lower quality then those, it also adds as a stepping stone to those instances and beyond, also more 8 man stuff wouldnt hurt, castrum and praet are actually good fun if you dont have idiots that want to ruin the fun from people if they wish so.
    2 dungeons are being made into heroics for 2.1 and then there's a new dungeon they made that's also for lvl 50(they're hoping to eventually make all dungeons into heroics). Heroic modes for these dungeons however are not normal WoW heroics where it's the same mobs/bosses, from what they've said it will look somewhat different and there will be new bosses with new mechanics(you know since we killed off the lower lvl bosses already).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    What's the Wolve's dungeon? it looks cool.
    Pvp arena, however think of it more as a small battleground without ranking(from my understanding atleast since they've barely said anything on it).