Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Would You Like to See Aspects Being About Personal Utility?

On the Front Page:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    why don't Hunter Aspects add personal utility? bat (drain life on shot), spider (root on shot), turtle (dmg reduction), etc?
    It's an idea that sounds better on paper. Many grew annoyed at having to twist Aspects frequently for situational benefit.
    Personally, I don't see how a change like this could ever be negative. Some players would be annoyed to have to press a button to defend themselves, or another button to heal themselves, et cetera, but that's how the game works! to do stuff, you have to press buttons.

It would also save the aspect mechanic. Right now, Aspects are barely representing any gameplay! you use pack out of combat to move faster, and than hawk in any other situation. It'll be sad to see them go away for convenience, since there's that whole "hunter in the wilds, mimicking wild animals" flavor built in it. It's the same with paladin auras. A few days ago I soloed Culling of Stratholme for a lowbie friend of mine, and I almost shed a tear when I saw Arthas with an aura

What do you think? Should Aspects be about personal utility instead of dps/speed? Or do you think they are fine the way they are? Or maybe you'd rather see them removed? Let's discuss
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Absolutely yes, bake in hawk by just making shots hit harder so there's a real choice when it comes to choosing aspects. In those examples, spider sounds really OP, but I like the other two. Another obvious one would be Viper to drain mana (regening mana is kinda pointless with focus now).

Quote Originally Posted by Caribald View Post
    Absolutely yes, bake in hawk by just making shots hit harder so there's a real choice when it comes to choosing aspects. In those examples, spider sounds really OP, but I like the other two. Another obvious one would be Viper to drain mana (regening mana is kinda pointless with focus now).
    it all depends on how it's done. for instance, if spider was a 1/2% slowing effect that could stack up to 30 times, than we have some nice gameplay, as the enemy will grow slower and slower the more you hit him, and it wouldn't be really OP.

also: I really wish blizz would bring draining mana back

Aspect of the Cheetah: Increases Hunter's and his/her pet's Movement Speed by 50% for 5 seconds - 1 minute CD
    Aspect of the Hawk: Grants everyone in the raid 5% increased Mastery, Haste and Critical Strike chance for 10 seconds - 5 minute CD // Does not stack, is additive
    Aspect of the Nature: Reduces magic damage taken by the Hunter and his/her pet by 50% for 5 seconds - 2 minute CD

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    The problem with aspect switching in the past has been the dps loss factor. I would absolutely love it if we got maybe 4-5 aspects to switch between for actual utility, without sacrificing any dps.

Deleted
    Like Someone said above, just splay CD on aspects to prevent twisting.

Bat - % life drain but 2/3/5 min CD
    Monkey - % dodge but 2/3/5 min CD
    Fox - reset CD on Disengage and Deterrence with, again CD
    etc.
    When used one aspect it also triggers 1 min CD on all aspects.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aspects had a place when we were on mana, but now I hope they just get rid of them all together. I'd rather have a sprint than aspect of the pack anyway. When they trim ability bloat I hope aspect is the first thing they get rid of. Frees up a keybind and also gets rid of some visual clutter in the UI. Ghostcrawler is right this time.

When MoP launched, and I leveled my Shaman, one of my favorite things they did was turn totems into cooldowns instead of things you just keep down for buffs at all times. I don't quite like the idea of more keybinds on my Hunter, because I feel like there's already enough of them, but if they were willing to do what they did with Shaman totems to Hunter aspects... I'd be very interested.

It would be nice to have personal cooldowns, even if they were pretty generic overall (something like a dash, damage mitigation because deterrence sucks, that kinda stuff.) It would have to not be a dps loss though to use them, which would mean the AP bonus from hawk would need to be turned into a passive and renamed (it would look weird to have the passive hawk rolling while we use another aspect...)

Various aspects being on 1 to 3 minute cooldown and with notable effects would be nice.

if they do them right, sure
    if they penalize my damage to bring a watered down versión of some of the "hibrids" utility at the cost of 30% less atp then no.

hawk as its needs to go. enough of having hawk so they can bandaid us when they can instead of fixing the class, same should happen to hunters mark and should be something you want to use in pvp vs stealth classes or act as faeri fire for druids.

No, thank you. I already have enough buttons, don't want any more. Unless they were set-and-forget things or had really long cooldowns/couldn't be changed in combat, we'd soon be required to start aspect-twisting through fights and that's as far away from fun as having to feed your pet otherwise it'd flee was back in the day.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    No, thank you. I already have enough buttons, don't want any more. Unless they were set-and-forget things or had really long cooldowns/couldn't be changed in combat, we'd soon be required to start aspect-twisting through fights and that's as far away from fun as having to feed your pet otherwise it'd flee was back in the day.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Aspects doing something meaningful would give them a reason to stay. The only one with any reason to do so at this moment is Cheetah, and only if the glyph is baked in.
    Pack should be a cooldown.
    Aspect of the Wild should come back, and give hunters some much needed raid utility. Think 20% DR cooldown, 5-10 sec duration, 5 min CD
    these, along with Bat for Life Drain, and Turtle/Bear/Something Tanky for a personal defensive cooldown that isn't deterrence.

If something isnt changed with them, they need to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    Either A) Aspects need to provide a small, non-dps benefit passively, or B) Aspects should be reworked into a utility cooldown.

For instance, lets have 3 Aspects- Aspect of the Spider, Aspect of the Pack Protector, and Aspect of the Swift Pack. If passive, Aspect of the Spider would apply a 10% movement slow poison to all auto attacks, and after 5 applications, would root for 3 seconds. If using the cooldown model, though, Aspect of the Spider would root any target you hit for 5 seconds on the first hit, and then slow for, say, 70% for 8 seconds, with the Aspect lasting 15 seconds, and the cooldown being 3 or so minutes.

Pack Protector, if passive, would turn, say, 10% of dps into a shield on a random raid member. If an ability, would cause 150% of damage for 10 seconds to create an absorb on random raid members, 3 minute CD.

Swift pack, if passive, would increase the movement speed of all party members in, say, a 10 yd radius by 20% until they took non-DoT damage, at which point they would be back at normal movement speed for 10 seconds, then it can be applied again. If Active, it would increase the movement speed of all party members in a 40 yd radius by 30% for 16 seconds, with a 2 minute cooldown.

If they are cooldowns, 1 min cD on any one after using a particular one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

they should just turn aspect of the pack into stampeding roar

Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    Aspect of the Cheetah: Increases Hunter's and his/her pet's Movement Speed by 50% for 5 seconds - 1 minute CD
    Aspect of the Hawk: Grants everyone in the raid 5% increased Mastery, Haste and Critical Strike chance for 10 seconds - 5 minute CD // Does not stack, is additive
    Aspect of the Nature: Reduces magic damage taken by the Hunter and his/her pet by 50% for 5 seconds - 2 minute CD
    Quote Originally Posted by Finick View Post
    When MoP launched, and I leveled my Shaman, one of my favorite things they did was turn totems into cooldowns instead of things you just keep down for buffs at all times. I don't quite like the idea of more keybinds on my Hunter, because I feel like there's already enough of them, but if they were willing to do what they did with Shaman totems to Hunter aspects... I'd be very interested.

It would be nice to have personal cooldowns, even if they were pretty generic overall (something like a dash, damage mitigation because deterrence sucks, that kinda stuff.) It would have to not be a dps loss though to use them, which would mean the AP bonus from hawk would need to be turned into a passive and renamed (it would look weird to have the passive hawk rolling while we use another aspect...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Holtzmann View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Crooklyn View Post
    they should just turn aspect of the pack into stampeding roar
    do we really want more homogenization?

15+ Year Old Account
    we already have that as spells. if you want a slow use traps or concussive shot, chimaera shot gives you health, ...

if you want to stance dance (aspect dance) reroll warrior, druid or even dk but leave the hunters alone

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sqeen View Post
    if you want to stance dance (aspect dance) reroll warrior
    Warriors don't have to stance dance anymore.

I played hunter since TBC it was fun with different aspect before. With all the changes now, I don't see the need for them anymore.
    Making aspects passive for each specialization (something different for each one).
    Just keep cheetah and pack.
    Aspect of the cheetah, activating it disables 'hawk'. In my opinion this is one of the most fun things as a hunter (kiting Priest of Ordos for 20mins, the RUSH).
    Aspect of the pack: activating works like stampeding roar, which has same cooldown, but when it's on cooldown works like it does now.
    PM me weird stuff :3

Would rather have someting other then a dmg toggle we must use.
    Like mby dropping dmg increase from hawk (but boosting everything with same %) and giving it a dmg reduction on use.

As other have said, if they remove them just baking in hawk, it really adds nothing to the class.
    Make Pack similar to stampeding roar, maybe 40% instead of 60%, and only for 4 seconds, but make the cooldown 1 minute to add a little more distinction to it compared to SR.
    And as for cheetah, maybe make it like a rogues "Burst of Speed" Talent. Drop it 40% or 50% instead of 70%, make it last for 6 seconds and cost a nominal amount of focus, oh and no movement impairing effect removal that BoS has of course.
    Sure it's another 2 buttons, but just keep them up where the aspects are now and it's not that big of a deal. Hell they could even think of another unity based "aspect" to replace hawk, I’m sure there are plenty of things they could add to create a little personal utility that’s not class breaking.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see aspects removed.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side