Quote Originally Posted by Jibblies View Post
    So, what is the stat prio for Destruction in 5.4? Let's say at my ilvl (532) and above?
    What are u guys running?
    Hey there - I just merged your thread with the Destruction sticky. This thread is an on-going discussion about the workings of Destruction, and it is in this thread we want these kind of questions. The same goes for other specs and their respective stickies.

Please check the stickies and use the search function next time. :-)
    ~ Battle.net MVP ~
    Overwatch mod
    Twitter | Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by Ogawdspider View Post
    I am pretty sure it is actually Mastery >= Haste > Crit

Don't bother getting haste past 9774
    Nope. Haste is terrible for Destruction compared to Crit and Mastery.

Hello fellow warlocks! Any thoughts about 5.4 destro stats priority in Challenge Modes ? Not sure crit will be better than haste at low item level (463) due to RoF spam (mana regen is too low)/FnB Incinerate spam/meta doesn't work/RMMP trinkets were mostly useless in CMs before 5.4 anyway so value of haste stays the same/plenty of embers in aoe fights.

We are going to get R1 time (pretty tight timers on our server, EU region 10 to 3 ranks) so fights will be very quick and aoe heavy.

My CM gear: mastery>haste set, hit capped for 92lvl, 23 sockets (w/o bs) mostly for 160 int gems(lack of Int at low ilvl).
    Also what do guys think about second trinket for CMs (first one is obviously MoP Int Deck): Usually I use one from Niuzao (Hit, 4k Int on use trinket 2.30 sec cd) or light of the cosmos (55 sec inner cd 3k int proc, haste). Did anyone try to use RPPM trinkets after 5.4 in CMs? It looks like they have the same proc rate when they scale down (according to wowhead).

Btw great guide and youtube channel Brusalk! Also props for all of you guys for having great and thoughtful discussion here.

TL DR
    1. crit or haste at low item level (463)?
    2. second trinket for CMs?
    3. RPPM trinkets procrate after 5.4 in CMs?
    Last edited by Dnusha; 2013-09-23 at 06:31 AM.

At super low/CM ilvls I'd almost just say go straight int. Alot of CM's is aoe speed and kill havoc cleaving which favors mastery. Crit isn't bad but its value decreases relative to mastery once you have aoe sustainability met. Gear wise...Keep your relic of yulon trinket and maybe the shado pan (static int w' haste proc on ICD) or even timeless isle bite of yulon (cheap 496 one is fine). All those are ICD so should have the same proc rate in CM's... If you are going to do a mount run the elegon trinket is still very good as is the alchemist (upgraded) if applicable.

Hey Brusalk I noticed you are using UVLS. I thought this was supposed to be a bad trinket for Destro? or do you just not have anything else to use?

Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    Hey Brusalk I noticed you are using UVLS. I thought this was supposed to be a bad trinket for Destro? or do you just not have anything else to use?
    Is not bad per se, it can just be a little annoying to use. If you can maximise its use (immolate for embers, Chaos bolts during proc) its still a good trinket

Quote Originally Posted by varren View Post
    I'm finding it's proccing a lot more than before the patch and I actually find it less annoying to use then Wush. Plus I love seeing 2 mil Chaos Bolts when UVLS procs while I'm burning my embers during DS+Bindings proc. :P

Deleted
    Im seeing 2.6 million with Wush and Cha-ye atm, chaos bolt hits like a monster truck with int procs, cant wait for bindings.

Im not sure at all why you would bother with high crit and UVLS its completely pointless.

I have 41% crit raid buffed so for me it would be a complete waste of time.

I've often wondered (more now then ever) is there any point sub 20% boss health when Chaosbolt is preferred over Shadowburn?

No cleave opportunities.

Bloodlust up.

No crit procs (UVSL,DS) only Int procs (Woosh,Breath)

I think not. Maybe when there is a decent (but sub-100%) crit buff up? And perhaps a substantial haste-buff, too, at the same time? The casting time is the issue here I suppose.

Deleted
    Bloodlust + meta + backdraft + full stack BBoY + Bindings + 4 part.

If i got all of those together ye id cast chaos bolt, but most of the time i dont think its worth it: )

Alright, thanks everyone for answers.

Not Seeing It

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Nope. Haste is terrible for Destruction compared to Crit and Mastery.
    I'm not seeing these stat priorities working in real raid situations.

After the first two weeks and getting to ilvl 544 with two Tier 16 pcs (first set bonus), I'm still seeing bigger numbers with Haste => Mastery >> Crit.

Believe me, I tried all setups and tested them thoroughly to make sure as I'm a progression raider.

For me, casting faster with strong mastery damage balance wins the day. Crit just isn't scaling and I don't see the numbers stacking crit 'in the field'. Casting faster just seems to produce more damage and faster ember generation in almost every situation.

Am I missing something here? I did these tests before picking up the tier pieces (I was about 537 at the time). I'm very hesitant to go back through all the pain of re-gemming and reforging (and possibly having to go back again as I did before).

I'm in SoO which is still a lot of single-target, but as you know, some fights have lots of adds to burn. They're not always grouped up for good FnB though (think General), so I'm finding the havoc glyph very useful.

That's my feedback as I struggle to see how your stat priorities are so different than what I've tested.
    Last edited by Demensia; 2013-09-23 at 10:15 AM.

Deleted
    Gl doing aoe with haste on small packs like dark shamans pull.

Crit steadies your ember regen on aoe.

Crit buffs your execute a lot.

Haste GCD caps you under meta.

TLR - Haste is bad

Haste was only good because of the old RoF and RPPM scaling.

With two Int Proc trinkets (Wush and Bindings) would the optimal opener be:

Prepot - Immo
    CoE
    Dark Soul
    Chaos Bolt (with the available ember - supercharged)
    Conflag X2
    Incinerate to full ember
    Chaos Bolt
    continue normal priority?

I am asking this because I find that runing Crit~Mastery >> Haste I find in hard to fill the 2nd ember and get two CBs off before my procs run out (2xTrinket, Cloak & Jade Spirit) so would it be preferential to get the first super charged CB off ASAP and then hope to have time for the 2nd?

Deleted
    With two Int Proc trinkets (Wush and Bindings) would the optimal opener be:

Prepot - Immo
    CoE
    Dark Soul
    Chaos Bolt (with the available ember - supercharged)
    Conflag X2
    Incinerate to full ember
    Chaos Bolt
    You should wait a bit for Wush to stack before casting your first CB. I usually have the time to throw 1 Immo + 1 conflag + 1/2 inci before unleashing two big Chaos bolts.

Wush lasts 10 sec and will usually proc at your first spell, and you need 5ish seconds (depending of your haste) to cast 2 CBs, so ideally you should cast other things during the first 5 seconds.
    Last edited by mmoc8b57eca00f; 2013-09-23 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumzumzum View Post
    You should wait a bit for Wush to stack before casting your first CB. I usually have the time to throw 1 Immo + 1 conflag + 1/2 inci before unleashing two big Chaos bolts.
    Cool thanks for the reply! I'll try it out!

Quote Originally Posted by AjayxD View Post
    Im seeing 2.6 million with Wush and Cha-ye atm, chaos bolt hits like a monster truck with int procs, cant wait for bindings.

Im not sure at all why you would bother with high crit and UVLS its completely pointless.

I have 41% crit raid buffed so for me it would be a complete waste of time.
    High crit?

UVLS always procs on the pull for me giving me ample time to get out some Immolates for ember generation for the opening burst. UVLS also helps a ton on AoE'ing less numbers of mobs (3-5) where I would otherwise not be able to maintain the AoE.

I'd say I switch out between UVLS + Bindings and BotH + Bindings depending on the fight. I wouldn't say I use it 100% of the time though.

I just used SimC. According to SimC my DPS went down by 20K when I went for a high mastery build (about 106% buffed) followed by crit at 23% and then haste. According to SimC, it is showing me that haste is my best option followed by crit then mastery way down on the list. From what Ive read here, haste is the worst. Is this due to SimC limits and only using a Patchwerk style fight? Should I put some of my mastery into crit? I am in 537 ilvl gear and am using flex Bindings with TF Cha-ye's for trinkets.