Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavecryst View Post
    If I were you, I'd worry about your basic needs for attention by creating an account just to post that :P

Anyways, feels like Freecure got buffed? Or perhaps I had a lucky run; managed to squeeze in a second Brayflox run last night before sleep and I had noticeably more procs than the first, enough to actually have me believe the 15% figure. Getting used to the way damage is dealt as well, so it went overall smoother than my first run even though the two DPS sucked. Ended the final boss with 500+ MP instead of hovering around 50
    Quite an extrapolation to take from that post.

That aside.. Streaks occur; and each roll is independent from the last and next.
    You could theoretically get Freecure back to back for an entire dungeon; but it's improbable.
    That's a basic fact of %-based occurrences.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarinolde View Post
    Please, for the love of god, level THM to 26 and get swiftcast.

You're life will become so much easier when you can do instant resses.

This advice also applies to all SCHs and SMNs.

Good advice
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    Throwing regen out while a pug is tanking is almost always a recipe for disaster. I really wish they would reduce healer threat.
    I doubt they will. This was also a serious issue in FF11. It always annoyed the hell out of me when I got a new cure, but couldn't use it because it would instantly pull aggro no matter when it was used. Always had to downrank heals just to keep low enough on the aggro table. Enmity is one thing Squenix doesn't know how to properly deal with, and I doubt they ever will.

OP, thanks for the info! I plan on 'maining' WHM like I did in 11, and this was a helpful bit of info!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Regen is alright, just gotta wait for the fight to go on for a few seconds so that your tank's threat can be built up/mobs can be slept. Of course, not every group is great where you get CC or a competent tank, but in that case it's not really your fault if you're getting aggro. Just push a mob away with Fluid aura and sleep it.

Unlike WoW, your tank won't die suddenly in a few seconds from sudden spike damage (at least not in the levelling dungeons). You can afford to wait before putting out that regen. Also, I normally cast Cure I first, then regen to both top up the tank and test if I'm going to get aggro. Also, you can sleep a mob that has DoTs on it I think, successfully did so a couple of nights back and was surprised it wasn't broken. As long as no one actively dpses it when you sleep, it's fine.

Get Eye for an Eye. Its really good and if you want to get anywhere in endgame you will need all the cross skills available for your class. Eye for an Eye reduces ALL damage done by the debuffed target. Including special abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I doubt they will. This was also a serious issue in FF11. It always annoyed the hell out of me when I got a new cure, but couldn't use it because it would instantly pull aggro no matter when it was used. Always had to downrank heals just to keep low enough on the aggro table. Enmity is one thing Squenix doesn't know how to properly deal with, and I doubt they ever will.

OP, thanks for the info! I plan on 'maining' WHM like I did in 11, and this was a helpful bit of info!
    If you mained WHM in pre-ToAU/Abyssea 11, alot of this will have come naturally to you, but thank you!

Kind of difficult to know which classes to level for the right cross job abilities. I don't see any information on it hardly.

Quote Originally Posted by ztreb185 View Post
    Kind of difficult to know which classes to level for the right cross job abilities. I don't see any information on it hardly.
    lists of cross class skills are out there. But they aren't good lists yet (for instance, you *can* find out what skills are out there, but what exactly they do takes even MORE digging) and the information is scattered like a trail of digital breadcrumbs.

The one resource that I haven't found ANYWHERE. AT ALL, is the stat boosts you receive for picking an advanced job (like white mage, black mage, etc.) Currently, you have to note your stats down in pencil and re-equip your "Soul." to figure them out, and that's if you even notice at all there *are* stat boosts for an advanced job.

White mages could use a legit guide and strategy tips, if someone wants to do it. This was a good start, but more to be done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venaliter View Post
    lists of cross class skills are out there. But they aren't good lists yet (for instance, you *can* find out what skills are out there, but what exactly they do takes even MORE digging) and the information is scattered like a trail of digital breadcrumbs.

The one resource that I haven't found ANYWHERE. AT ALL, is the stat boosts you receive for picking an advanced job (like white mage, black mage, etc.) Currently, you have to note your stats down in pencil and re-equip your "Soul." to figure them out, and that's if you even notice at all there *are* stat boosts for an advanced job.

White mages could use a legit guide and strategy tips, if someone wants to do it. This was a good start, but more to be done.
    It doesn't really matter since there's no point in ever taking off the soul crystal.

I could maybe try and work on reformatting this to be more of a guide, just wanted to get some of the info out there asap to hopefully negate some of the misinformation I've continued to run across >.>

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    It doesn't really matter since there's no point in ever taking off the soul crystal.
    Why not? I still level as a Conjurer, I just sign up for instances as a WHM. Conjurer allows me to use a larger number and variety of cross class abilities, which is just plain fun and also lets me kill things faster (with the Archer and Pug cooldowns).

The WHM does do reasonable damage though, whenever there's an opportunity to spam Stone II in instances (I'm still only 37, so I don't know about this at max level). For example, helping the DPS burn down bees in Temple of Qarn has saved my groups a few times. Or them lasers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is Eye For An Eye from 34 ACN worth getting? My ACN is sitting at 30 but Ive been hearing other WHMs say that the talent is pretty mediocre and that it's not crucial.

Deleted
    Well, Eye for an Eye is really the only option you have if you want to maximize your performance, seeing as you get 7 skills available to cross-class and two of them suck (Ruin & Physick). And I'll admit the damage reduction isn't high, but you also have to realize that it's ALL damage done by the enemy. Melee swings, unavoidable AoE spells, you name it. It's essentially as good as Sacred Soil, minus the positioning requirements/uptime and a bit of a roulette to get it to activate.

Why not? I still level as a Conjurer, I just sign up for instances as a WHM. Conjurer allows me to use a larger number and variety of cross class abilities, which is just plain fun and also lets me kill things faster.
    When you get Holy, you go white mage and never look back. But it's pretty safe to level from 30-35 as a Conjurer, possibly longer, if you want access to things like Raging Strikes.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    When you get Holy, you go white mage and never look back. But it's pretty safe to level from 30-35 as a Conjurer, possibly longer, if you want access to things like Raging Strikes.
    Holy is at 45 though, so I've still got aways to go! Also probably because I've heard the grind from 45-50 is eased by spamming FATEs in which case I'll definitely need Holy. However, till then I prefer having the use of the various cross class skills.

And wow, just got Shroud last night and daaaamn the "Refresh" buff is insane, and on a 1 minute cooldown only. I'm never gonna run out of mana soloing again <3

got Shroud last night and daaaamn the "Refresh" buff is insane, and on a 1 minute cooldown only. I'm never gonna run out of mana soloing again <3
    Unfortunately our mana in a raid situation is very weak compared to a Scholar. Shroud probably needs to be buffed to 100 and Cure III made useful - prob. trait tweaks. Maybe Overcure needs to make Cure III free. Or instant. Or hit the entire party. Or something. I'm not even sure we need the spell.
    Last edited by Venaliter; 2013-09-24 at 02:29 AM.

Unfortunately our mana in a raid situation is very weak compared to a Scholar. Shroud probably needs to be buffed to 100 and Cure III made useful - prob. trait tweaks. Maybe Overcure needs to make Cure III free. Or instant. Or hit the entire party. Or something. I'm not even sure we need the spell.
    Cure 3 needs to become medica 2 (but instead of around you its still around your target it just has the range of medic 2) and medica 2 just need to go away and buff medica 1.

Cure 2 proc needs to be -makes your next cure 1 as strong as cure 2-

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Would prefer the healing be less RNG based though, so I *hope* that if they do modify the traits/abilities that it stay away from procs as much as possible. Cure 1 proccing a free Cure 2 is fine, but I've heard (and agree) that the proc chance for a Cure 3 essentially means we'll never use it as part of a proper healing strategy.

Perhaps turning Cure 3 into a "healing wave" type ability (from Shamans if you've played WoW) or something slightly modified: Cure 3 will heal for less than a Cure 2 individually, but it can bounce to the nearest party member within 20 yalms. So if you wanted to heal the guys in melee range you'd do this, or the guys in caster range if they're not spread ridiculously far apart.

It could be then be traited to bounce an extra time, or heal for the same amount as the first person it healed (assuming the healing would be decreased on the second person), or add a tiny version of regen to it, or reduce the cooldown on Shroud everytime it's used, whatever.

Eh, I haven't had any issues with mana, but we usually have bards cycle Mage's Ballad through rough phases (Titan phase 4/5), and between fishing for Freecure procs and Regen, most mana's actually wasted crosshealing with the other healer. I will admit of all the spells, Cure III is only marginally useful either if you NEED an autocrit to pick up a tank, or if for some reason you're running 3 melee.
    Sig/ava made by the amazing Elyssia! ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Lyese View Post
    Eh, I haven't had any issues with mana, but we usually have bards cycle Mage's Ballad through rough phases (Titan phase 4/5), and between fishing for Freecure procs and Regen, most mana's actually wasted crosshealing with the other healer. I will admit of all the spells, Cure III is only marginally useful either if you NEED an autocrit to pick up a tank, or if for some reason you're running 3 melee.
    I think having the bard is the key reason here. Mana constraints much eased with a Bard.