Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    There is also other interesing option.

It's possible, that Sylvanas can leave the horde, and make attempt to create her own Scourge. Seems legit.
    Yea, let's shatter the horde even more, that should put an end to outcries of horde favoritism

Quote Originally Posted by Lokann View Post
    However, remember that Garithos had support from dwarves with siege tanks. That probably rules out the Wildhammer, so there's a chance they were Ironforge soldiers.
    And a lot of them died off too when Sylvanas betrayed them after they fought to destroy Balnazzar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Mister Madgod View Post
    And a lot of them died off too when Sylvanas betrayed them after they fought to destroy Balnazzar.
    What I meant was that Ironforge likely still considered itself a member of the same Alliance as Garithos. I'm assuming it's still technically the same organisation, but the seat of power shifted to the only intact human kindgom after the fall of Lordaeron.

It's not really the same situation as with the Horde, where the organisation itself ceased to exist between the Second War and the end of the internment period.

What I meant was that Ironforge likely still considered itself a member of the same Alliance as Garithos. I'm assuming it's still technically the same organisation, but the seat of power shifted to the only intact human kindgom after the fall of Lordaeron.

It's not really the same situation as with the Horde, where the organisation itself ceased to exist between the Second War and the end of the internment period.
    No but I feel that shift of power was so dramatic and those events were so catastrophic that denoting that it isn't really the same thing is valid. The Alliance of Lordaeron broke the moment Sylvanas seized control of Lordaeron City. The Alliance in general survived, but that part of its identity was gone.

Deleted
    No but I feel that shift of power was so dramatic and those events were so catastrophic that denoting that it isn't really the same thing is valid. The Alliance of Lordaeron broke the moment Sylvanas seized control of Lordaeron City. The Alliance in general survived, but that part of its identity was gone.
    Agreed on the loss of identity part, which however is not strictly connected to the organisation's political status.

For the sake of argument, let's say the Grand Alliance evolved from the Alliance of Lordaeron, and if considered as a process as well as an organisation, it led a continuous existence. Sounds reasonable?

Agreed on the loss of identity part, which however is not strictly connected to the organisation's political status.
    Well politically, the Alliance of Lordaeron was primarily made up by the citizens of Lordaeron. They're gone. Only a few remained with Jaina and her people. Power shifted away from Lordaeron, there are very few Lordaeron humans now to give their opinions on what should be done. I would say that it's changed significantly from a political standpoint and by the fact that we don't call it the Alliance of Lordaeron that really it isn't the same thing. It never disbanded, but it changed in a significant enough way that it is no longer what it was. Hence why I point at it and say it is indeed different and worth noting of that difference.

For the sake of argument, let's say the Grand Alliance evolved from the Alliance of Lordaeron, and if considered as a process as well as an organisation, it led a continuous existence. Sounds reasonable?
    Which isn't that far off from what I'm saying... but if humans evolved from some pre-human species, we aren't that pre-human species anymore. We're something different, though we once were that thing. Or should I have said vrykul?

Generally, I look at the Alliance as a continuous political group, sort of like how a band that lost most its members but recruited new ones is still technically the same band. The core of the Alliance has shifted from Lordaeron and the remnants of Stormwind to Ironforge and Stormwind though (more recently, Ironforge just sort of... disappeared from this core, but that's another story).
    Like the lumberjack's favorite axe, he had changed the handle 5 times and the blade twice, but it was still his trusty old axe?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is my speculation about what will be next, so don't take this serious.

1: Varian send more soldiers to secure Gilneas and push back Forsaken to Tirisfal Glades. Here can be two options... Sylvanas pull back her forces from Gilneas. Or she can try create new scourge. Banshee Queen become slowly Lich Queen?

2: Vol'Jin don't trust much Sylvanas, after her invasion to Gilneas. He ordered to secure Undercity as Thrall and Garrosh did before. Also Vol'Jin can banish Forsaken from the horde.

3: Jaina in Garrosh trial will demand Garrosh death. In her vision, this would be a justice for destroying Theramore. Future whereabouts unknown.

4: Night Elves will got serious threat in thier own people. Not from Highborne, but from Maiev... Maiev make a promise, to clear Night Elves from Highborne ane make Night Elves again to greatness... This can remind also Fandral attempts, to regain immortality for Night Elves?

5: Dwaves as dwarves, always will got a political problems... I can only guess, but will likely possible that Moira will try, to make her son as a high king of Ironforge... But here will be resist from Muradin and Falstaad...

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, going by Tyrande's Siege gossip, it sounds like Varian is pressuring the Horde for a full withdrawal from Ashenvale in return for the night elves withdrawing from Aszhara (which is also plentiful in lumber). Tyrande's fine with it because she thinks the goblins will stripmine it and leave the Horde up the creek again, forcing them to learn how to ration their resources. Going by Varian's gossip, he'll be mobilizing to retake Gilneas. Sylvanas seems to have something up her sleeve in regards to seeing of Vol'jin is good enough for her to accept as her Warchief. Gallywix, Baine, and Lor'themar all seem groovy with Vol'jin. Anduin does, too, though he isn't the best judge of character at times. Jaina continues to insist that the Horde shouldn't be allowed to self-govern.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

I'm really confused as t what Trassk wants the Horde and Orcs to be like... he is so all over the place.

I love Varians character, I just wish Dwarves, and maybe some Gnomes get some action. I want Magni back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I'm really confused as t what Trassk wants the Horde and Orcs to be like... he is so all over the place.

I love Varians character, I just wish Dwarves, and maybe some Gnomes get some action. I want Magni back.
    blizzard systematically screwed up the orcs story in warcraft, from the noble-savage orcs we had since warcraft 3, to becoming a reminiscence of orcs before that time, making there whole development shit. And having every other horde race and alliance plowing into them, killing dozens of them, and then having someone who isn't an orc taking power from them, from the horde they built, its all shit.
    But, what I would have hoped is, with the message blizzard force feed us for most of this expansion, how "horde is family", is that they would uphold this and show its not just about one person (in this case vol'jin) but about all, and at least show more orcs standing against garrosh then with him.

This is the worst moment for the orcs since there defeat to the alliance decades ago, and the final salt in the wound comes from another race being put in power over them. If you want a story about being equal, make it equal, not one dominating the other, thats what Garrosh did and he was hated for it.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    blizzard systematically screwed up the orcs story in warcraft, from the noble-savage orcs we had since warcraft 3, to becoming a reminiscence of orcs before that time, making there whole development shit. And having every other horde race and alliance plowing into them, killing dozens of them, and then having someone who isn't an orc taking power from them, from the horde they built, its all shit.
    But, what I would have hoped is, with the message blizzard force feed us for most of this expansion, how "horde is family", is that they would uphold this and show its not just about one person (in this case vol'jin) but about all, and at least show more orcs standing against garrosh then with him.

This is the worst moment for the orcs since there defeat to the alliance decades ago, and the final salt in the wound comes from another race being put in power over them. If you want a story about being equal, make it equal, not one dominating the other, thats what Garrosh did and he was hated for it.
    Vol'jin may be the leader of the Horde now, but that doesn't mean the Orcs will be treated as second-class citizens in comparison to the Darkspear as you seem to be insinuating. In fact given how many Orcs did support the rebellion (Thrall, Saurfang, most of the civilians of Orgrimmar and Razor Hill , and some troops in the Underhold, etc), I would be astounded if that turned out to be the case. And I don't even think it should be have to be said that Vol'jin isn't going to be dominating the Horde in any manner that is remotely comparable to Garrosh's reign.
    Last edited by Falrinn; 2013-09-26 at 12:36 AM.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Deleted
    The Rebellion has masses of orcish grunts in the Underhalls bit if I remember correctly, perhaps traitors from within led by Shokia.

Considering named orcs though, I would have loved to see more stand against Garrosh (oh Gorgonna, why did they forget you?), which unfortunately might have ended up in a clusterfuck of characters.

As for the future of the orcish race, I do believe most of those outside Orgrimmar would have sided with the Rebellion, at least those living in the smaller settlements. We already had some hints in 5.3 that the Crossroads was a rebel town.

I've never though of "Orcs" as noble savages. Maybe some of them, sure. Thrall and a few others are the only one who did anything to perpetuate that idea. Then you had Grom...

I just feel like its better storytelling than "oh! Orcs are good guys now!" and its certainly better than having a random badguy be the last boss.

Good stories have their ups and downs. This is a down. I can understand how you feel, but I think you are refusing to see that Blizzard will likely have the Orcs and the Horde go "up" from here.

Who would you prefer to be warchief though? Voljin seems unsure anyway. It seemed kind of temporary to me.

Deleted
    Good stories have their ups and downs. This is a down. I can understand how you feel, but I think you are refusing to see that Blizzard will likely have the Orcs and the Horde go "up" from here.
    Indeed, the Kalimdor Horde is now pretty much in the same position the orcs were in just before Warcraft 3, only now the faction is in the hands of someone who's less likely to whitewash the bad from their history.

It's a learning opportunity, and as such a huge boon for RP, I'd say.

Indeed, the Kalimdor Horde is now pretty much in the same position the orcs were in just before Warcraft 3, only now the faction is in the hands of someone who's less likely to whitewash the bad from their history.

It's a learning opportunity, and as such a huge boon for RP, I'd say.
    Agreed. I was pissed when the dwarves short amount of in game lore pretty much summed up to "Magni is a stone, now the counsel of the three hammers is here." .... I just hope they do something at all with them.

Deleted
    Agreed. I was pissed when the dwarves short amount of in game lore pretty much summed up to "Magni is a stone, now the counsel of the three hammers is here." .... I just hope they do something at all with them.
    This reminds me of something a guildie said. "No matter how much you complain about lack of lore, no matter how unfair or unjust you may think Blizz is being, I can invalidate anything you say with two words. Gnome lore."

This reminds me of something a guildie said. "No matter how much you complain about lack of lore, no matter how unfair or unjust you may think Blizz is being, I can invalidate anything you say with two words. Gnome lore."
    To be fair, Draenei and Worgen lore are both as equally badly treated. But at least they've got potential to be awesome in future, something I don't see the Gnomes ever achieving (since they will always be viewed as a joke, and not the highly skilled engineers that they should be portrayed as. Goblins get both, and work out much better overall).

- - - Updated - - -

However, remember that Garithos had support from dwarves with siege tanks. That probably rules out the Wildhammer, so there's a chance they were Ironforge soldiers.
    They may have been mercenaries, but probably not. Likely they were Ironforge soldiers, but were cut off from the rest of the Dwarven army and banded together with the Humans and few remaining Elves in Garithos' army for protection. I imagine if given half a chance those Dwarves would have marched south as quickly as possible back over the span and to relative safety.

- - - Updated - - -

It was all but destroyed by the death of King Terenas. Sylvannas seizing the capital was just the nail in the coffin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Durandro View Post
    To be fair, Draenei and Worgen lore are both as equally badly treated.
    Eh, the main difference I see is that while both the other races truly got new lore, stuff happening to them, moments when they were really allowed to shine... gnomes got none. They've just sort of been kicking the can around until the pre-Cata events when they... well, didn't even finish their job of retaking their own city.

I've got some hopes for the gnome vs. goblin rivalry, now that Mekkatorque's been seizing Blackfuse's stuff, but eh... while I'm remaining hopeful, I wouldn't bet on the storyline going anywhere really.

10+ Year Old Account
    What pissed me off in WoW storyline? No mention about dwarfs! Seriously, after Mangi petrifited there is little lore about dwarfs... If we consider Blood In The Snow scenario, sure but not what i excepted...

Honestly? Where is also a lore about Draenei? That Velen come to Swamp Of Sorrows mean nothing.