Deleted

glaive toss vs barrage + 2pc + AoC

Hi, i was thinking about the rapid fire high uptime we'll have with 2pc bonus and AoC and its interaction with barrage since glaive toss does not benefit from attack speed. Do you think barrage can surpass glaive toss even on single target fights?

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    I've been using barrage over glaive toss for a good long while now, personally. It has less travel time, and will almost always hit everything you want it to in front of you. Single target I havent noticed any loss, but this is anecdotal.

Plus, I'm too lazy to re-talent after every kill.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    + barrage just looks awesome and gives you that rambo feel

Deleted
    Glaive toss scales much better with attack power than Barrage does.
    Single target Barrage cast without any haste cooldowns is barely a dps increase at all which means you'd have to delay it every time it's up while not under a large haste buff. If you were to cast Barrage on cooldown, and under effect of rapid fire every time you would roughly break even with Glaive toss.

Estimations were done through simming with SV only by the way

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildspeaker View Post
    Glaive toss scales much better with attack power than Barrage does.
    That's not entirely true. Wowpedia lists the coefficient for ranged weapon damage as 20%, conincidentally the same amount as Glaive Toss.
    I think in situations where you have a sub-2s Barrage cast time (should be very often with 2pc, Assurance) you'll end up on par with GCD consumption.
    I think the only thing to really consider is if they have a stealth mechanic on the spell to reduce the chance to proc on-hits and the like.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    I think the only thing to really consider is if they have a stealth mechanic on the spell to reduce the chance to proc on-hits and the like.
    This is something I've tested excessively in 5.3. Every Glaive Toss hit has a chance to proc things (glaives hitting main target as well as passing through targets, per glaive) while Barrage only procs things on activation. This including things like Marksmanship's mastery meaning Glaive Toss is stronger for Marksmanship on paper.

The latter is really easy to test yourself. Go Markmanship, use Barrage on 4 dummies and check the amount of Wild Quiver hits. Now do it again with Glaive Toss and position yourself so the glaives hit all 4 dummies both while traveling to and from the furthest target. The amount of Wild Quiver procs should be substantially higher.

But hey, this was in 5.3 Maybe they changed something without mentioning it. I also didn't test Stormlash before someone brings that up,
    Last edited by mmoc973e6c390d; 2013-09-22 at 08:33 PM.

Scaling is an issue, but only while youre gearing up and have big differences in ilvl.
    Barrage scales well with weapondmg and a little with AP (because AP gives weapondmg)
    Glave Toss scalea well with AP but not with weapondmg,
    Thus if you are lucky and get a good weapon early Barrage/PS will be relativly better,
    But if youre like me and tens to get weaponupgrades very late, GT will be relativly better
    (not necessarily absolutly better!)

Quote Originally Posted by Bovan View Post
    This is something I've tested excessively in 5.3. Every Glaive Toss hit has a chance to proc things (glaives hitting main target as well as passing through targets, per glaive) while Barrage only procs things on activation. This including things like Marksmanship's mastery meaning Glaive Toss is stronger for Marksmanship on paper.
    I haven't tested this manually, but during this expansion's beta, we were told by devs that Wild Quiver has a 1/6 proc chance off barrage hits. So the ticks can proc WQ but the chance is much lower than with glaive toss. Presumably they designed it this way because barrage has such a large number of ticks that it would otherwise have really high WQ procs.