Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Warcraft Movie - cast announced

UPDATE NOV,9: Lothar and Duratan confirmed a couple of protagonists in the film.

UPDATE: OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE: December 18, 2015

Note: announced but not confirmed

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/legenda...194809558.html

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/...warcraft-movie

a couple of castmembers have been announced including colin farrell and paula patton from Mission Impossible.

Who do you think they will be casted as? The screenplay is said to revolve around The Last Guardian novel.
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/07/...warcraft-film/

Ign reports principle photography in January, which is a little concerning

Update: A few more castmembers announced
    http://www.gamespot.com/news/colin-f...report-6414840

Last edited by Nanaboostme; 2013-11-09 at 10:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of them is going to be I bet... Non humans. Due to the fact there's not a lot of black haired characters in WoW(Except Varian) and...I can't remember.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

She looks like she could play some sort of night-elf role. Kinda picture her in the original Warcraft cinematic where the female nelf is running through the forest.

I'm not sure about Farrell.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Paula Patton is negotiating for a lead role, and that another lead has been offered to Colin Farrell."

That doesn't mean they are going to be in the film, it just means it's possible. This is how false rumors get started.

10+ Year Old Account
    How chilling. I can't bear Farrell. Always somewhere between soppiness and lunacy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revak View Post
    She looks like she could play some sort of night-elf role. Kinda picture her in the original Warcraft cinematic where the female nelf is running through the forest.

I'm not sure about Farrell.
    Seems like she could be Tyrande, just from looks though as I haven't seen her in anything that I remember.

Little off-topic but have they said if the movie will be animated or wha?

Quote Originally Posted by Perne View Post
    "Paula Patton is negotiating for a lead role, and that another lead has been offered to Colin Farrell."

That doesn't mean they are going to be in the film, it just means it's possible. This is how false rumors get started.
    read the disclaimer i posted and discussion is about who they would play IF casted, and its not false rumors if their PR announced it

Still hoping for a full CGI movie, and really hoping the leak about it being based on the Last Guardian being true. That way they could tell the story from the very beginning, the First War and onward - and not be dependent on single person to return to their role in order to avoid recasting, and also, telling the Warcraft story would take quite some time... and require that different characters age and stuff.

If it is a live-action I hope it fails, so that they put a sequel on hold for another 5+ years after this one is released and then go for a CGI movie that is a huge success and then they continue making movies telling it all, and we can ignore the old failed live-action movie.

Hopefully these actors will just play their parts through motion-capture and voices.

Stood in the Fire themightysven's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    well, Patton looks like an elf (either kind) and Farrell looks like a gnome, so here's hoping.
    Maybe it will be the tale of a gnome (Farrell) warlock who's constantly hitting on his succubus (Patton) so she's constantly trying to enrage raid bosses to squash him
    Ewok Sith Lords are all about Agility

Quote Originally Posted by Abbzow View Post
    Little off-topic but have they said if the movie will be animated or wha?

Theyve hired visual effects into the team so that usually says it will be live-action with cgi

10+ Year Old Account
    It wont be full CGI. Just owned your hopes.

I don't care what the story is or who is cast. The only thing that matters is that it turns out a success, because if it's a success, they might make one about Arthas, which I believe could be an amazing movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    ... Colin Farrell? I find him so icky really.. if he must be in it then a plague-ridden undead would be perfect.

Animated really would have been the better option, given that Blizzard already has artists capable of movie quality stuff for the trailers.. /facepalm Sure it would take longer and may or may not cost more, but the characters people know and love would look like the characters people, well, know and love.. not a person trying to portray it and never looking entirely like it.
    Last edited by OzoAndIndi; 2013-09-22 at 09:15 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarc View Post
    Still hoping for a full CGI movie, and really hoping the leak about it being based on the Last Guardian being true. That way they could tell the story from the very beginning, the First War and onward - and not be dependent on single person to return to their role in order to avoid recasting, and also, telling the Warcraft story would take quite some time... and require that different characters age and stuff.

If it is a live-action I hope it fails, so that they put a sequel on hold for another 5+ years after this one is released and then go for a CGI movie that is a huge success and then they continue making movies telling it all, and we can ignore the old failed live-action movie.

Hopefully these actors will just play their parts through motion-capture and voices.
    Thing is, photo-realistic CGI movies just haven't done very well in the past. And they're super expensive. As gorgeous as WoW's cinematic style is, it's simply too risky especially as this is something of a niche project. WoW is generally regarded by the general public as being for nerdy losers, it's not acclaimed like say LOTR. Making it into the next blockbuster fantasy series (if that is indeed what they're planning.) is going to be tough enough with any fully CGI shenanigans.

I'm guessing it will have a lot of CGI though anyway so there's still opportunity there.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    Theyve hired visual effects into the team so that usually says it will be live-action with cgi
    Aw..I was hoping it would be animated though :/ They make the cinematics for World of Warcraft so darn cool...and just think two hours of it...Amazing.
    Well let's hope it turns out great and not some crap over the place .

Deleted
    I'm kind of really hoping that they'll get Peter Dinklage in, either as Gelbin or Thermaplugg.

Deleted
    i liked him in Anchorman.

:P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    I'm kind of really hoping that they'll get Peter Dinklage in, either as Gelbin or Thermaplugg.

Warwrick davies will probably play a gnome if there in it.

Deleted
    He makes a passable Varian Wrynn

Well, IF the development of the movie does not falter again like it has been for the past decade, (ie, a new script having to be written, new directors, budgetary problems, rights issues, casting recalls, etc) then I'd have to say that this would be an interesting project; the first ever REAL game-to-film adaption.

Since the story would probably be self contained within the films, most of the main characters would be exclusive to the cinematic adaptions of Warcraft. On the other hand, if they are brave enough to attempt bringing solid, lore events to the big screen (ie, Lich King story), then most of the cast will be already well established characters such as Uther or Saurfang.