Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Why are cloaks even on heroic/normal loot tables

As far as I am aware the content is tuned under the assumption that every raid member has a legendary cloak. If that is the case then why are cloaks still on heroic loot tables. Seems like a massive waste when 99.9999999%(accurate numbers I am a scientist www.notlying.org) of them are going to be DE'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    For alts that don't have legendary cloaks? New players to gear up, mains that aren't caught up on the quest etc. etc.

Classic Herod: Sinnermighty - Blood Legion (Unretired)

Because you don't need legendary cloak to beat the game, and because not everyone spent the whole expansion farming the game for the legendary cloak.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Sheltx View Post
    As far as I am aware the content is tuned under the assumption that every raid member has a legendary cloak. If that is the case then why are cloaks still on heroic loot tables. Seems like a massive waste when 99.9999999%(accurate numbers I am a scientist www.notlying.org) of them are going to be DE'd.
    Typical elitest thinking everyone is going to have a cloak. jeez

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe someone doesn't have the cloak yet? And I don't really have a problem with free shards at all...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinite View Post
    It's not elitist at all, Blizz themself stated that the content is tuned for people having the cloak.
    Probably the reason why the only (?) cloaks are trashdrops, instead of bossloot.

10+ Year Old Account
    From what I've read, >10% of the WoW playerbase actually has a cloak. And theres alts, new raiders, ect. Finally, there are only 2 sets of cloaks- one from trash (In addition to glove?), and one for each type (Tank, STR dps, Int dps, Agi, Int spirit)or just 10 cloaks all together. Not many, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

I guess it's just me, but I personally think that it would be really weird if a whole slot of equipment just didn't drop. Besides, alts and for people who started late.

Yeah it's pretty retarded. Should have just added one for valor with the appropriate itemlvl or just leave it at the trash drops as every cloak dropping on heroic is a guaranteed shard.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2013-09-23 at 05:27 AM.

simple solution, if a player has the cloak make it impossible for them to receive a cloak from a token roll. cloaks will still drop normally from a boss

5 of the bosses have cloaks on their loot tables. I wouldn't have a problem if they had trash drop cloaks or VP cloaks but its pretty disheartening seeing a cloak drop on heroic progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    From what I've read, >10% of the WoW playerbase actually has a cloak. And theres alts, new raiders, ect. Finally, there are only 2 sets of cloaks- one from trash (In addition to glove?), and one for each type (Tank, STR dps, Int dps, Agi, Int spirit)or just 10 cloaks all together. Not many, really.
    I think you have > and < mixed up. > is greather than.

Just had our old resto druid return from a long break. Don't think he's even started on Secrets of the Empire yet.. Would kind of suck for him and us if he best he could get without redoing TOT was a 535 cloak.

They certainly shouldn't drop from heroics and they should have a valor vendor for them for the lazy people (yeah, I did say lazy)

We got a cloak on our very first immersius kill. Yay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Even as a 13/13 guild last tier we still have 4 people out of 12 raiders in our 10 man without a cloak, 2 getting runestones, and 2 getting valor. All of them also happen to be our healers! Our priest is a reroll of our druid healer in T14 the week ToT came out, our mistweaver only dinged the week ToT was released, our shaman just derped and didn't realise how important it would be (we used to be verrry casual) and our druid is only a recent addition and we don't really know why he started late. So thankfully we'll get some use out of the spell cloaks for a while longer.

We got an agi cloak last night though, shards for us.

IMO cloaks should all be trash drop. Getting EVERY cloak to drop possible when 9/10 of your raiders have legindaries blows.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheltx View Post
    Actually, LFR, Flex, Normal AND Heroics are all tuned on the assumption that NO ONE has done the legendary quest line. Having them just makes it easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    They certainly shouldn't drop from heroics and they should have a valor vendor for them for the lazy people (yeah, I did say lazy)

We got a cloak, and two of our casters rolled Cloaks on our H Immerseus kill...was great

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post

Person comes back to WoW for 5.4, they are lazy people? Get some perspective.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Divinite View Post
    Yeah, not even close to what elitist means.