Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Cloaks should only be on trash and normal loot tables. It's just a waste of loot on heroic bosses.

If you're the type of player that's in heroics or pushing heroics currently, the chances that people need a cloak in your guild is pretty much non-existent.

Deleted
    Rolls coin,
    Cloak.

Thanks gais...

It would have made sense to eliminate cloaks from the 5.4 loot table and made them purchasable from a vendor with valor.

Instead we have yet another patch cycle where a currency is near worthless. The bad design coming from Blizzard is alarmingly apparent this expansion, and it continues in 5.4 with Valor.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    It would have made sense to eliminate cloaks from the 5.4 loot table and made them purchasable from a vendor with valor.

Instead we have yet another patch cycle where a currency is near worthless. The bad design coming from Blizzard is alarmingly apparent this expansion, and it continues in 5.4 with Valor.
    Valor isn't worthless, you need 500 Valor to upgrade every item.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Valor isn't worthless, you need 500 Valor to upgrade every item.
    Note how I said near worthless. The amount of Valor earned will FAR surpass the amount of items needing to be upgraded this patch. Most people will have enough valor to upgrade all their item's by the middle of November. Siege of Orgrimmar will be out until at least May of next near.
    Last edited by ablib; 2013-09-23 at 06:42 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    From what I've read, >10% of the WoW playerbase actually has a cloak.
    A number that leaves much to guessing... Is it 11% or 99%?

Personally, I guess that 95% of all raider's main toon had it,the first week..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by Omgponies View Post
    We got a cloak, and two of our casters rolled Cloaks on our H Immerseus kill...was great
    Every single Ra-den coin except 1 cloth belt was a Cloak for us... SP/Mage/Warlock/Elem Shaman rolled coins on Immersius (lovely trinket with a cloak boss...)2 cloaks and 2 gold \o/ fuck this game on 10 man.

I agree having cloaks drop from the bosses is pretty stupid, should still drop from trash tho.

Firstly if you are doing normal mode. Why the fuck would you even need cloaks on loot tables when they come from trash AND are UPGRADABLE to heroic with tokens.

Holy flying fuck 2 weeks of SoO and 8 heroic kills and we already d/ed atleast 6 useless item drop cloaks. Thanks a ton blizztard

Some may compare this to DS rogue daggers on loot tables. ONE HUGE DIFFERENCE. not every rogue in your raid did it the same time AND weapons are a little more important filler loot then a Freebie slot every person who can turn on their computer can earn.

Also don't act like this entire quest chain was for a legendary cloak. The meta procs and cloak procs alone could outdps half the people i come across
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-09-23 at 06:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Allow me to summarize OP: "Wahh not everything in the world works the way I think it should. WAAAAHHH!!"

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    Note how I said near worthless. The amount of Valor earned will FAR surpass the amount of items needing to be upgraded this patch. Most people will have enough valor to upgrade all their item's by the middle of November. Siege of Orgrimmar will be out until at least May of next near.
    Hey chuck. Some people play all their specs. Some will actually get access to heroic upgrades. Or heroic warforged. Valor matters if you can spend it.

WORTHLESS is the thousands of bracers that flooded the market in Cata. Valor is finally worth collecting.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Allow me to summarize OP: "Wahh not everything in the world works the way I think it should. WAAAAHHH!!"
    Really because what i read was a plea to common sense. Please have a horrible day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Choice View Post
    Enough cloaks drop from trash to cover the 'alts' or 'I'm lazy' arguments. Hell, they can make trash drop heroic cloaks for all that matters. In 10 man at this moment a cloak dropping is being robbed of an item, no 'should have brought our hunter' or offspecs, just wasted loot from a progression kill.

You're right that people will enter the instance and probably even be able to clear it without the cloak. But there's nothing wrong with handicapping someone who's already handicapping themselves. They can manage with a NM trash cloak if the legendary is so unnecessary.

That's my rant done. Come at me.
    It's not always about being lazy...
    I, for example had to take a break from WoW a few weeks before ToT came out and came back at the last 1.5 months of ToT.
    Well guess what, I 'm now at the titan runestones part and its not because I was being lazy.

Deleted
    one word

Re-rollers.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Because you don't need legendary cloak to beat the game, and because not everyone spent the whole expansion farming the game for the legendary cloak.
    We must have definitions. Lets be clear, only less then 1% of WoW players can say they beat the game. The other % are stuck at the tutorial.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    Rolls coin,
    Cloak.

Thanks gais...
    Exactly what happened on first Immerseus for me, rolled hoping for trinket (Mage), get cloak, immediatly DE it.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoshitsuna View Post
    It's not elitist at all, Blizz themself stated that the content is tuned for people having the cloak.
    Probably the reason why the only (?) cloaks are trashdrops, instead of bossloot.
    are you blind? half the bosses have cloak drops.

Quote Originally Posted by lopk View Post
    I guess it's just me, but I personally think that it would be really weird if a whole slot of equipment just didn't drop. Besides, alts and for people who started late.
    you mean the 20 cloaks you can have drop in a week of trash. Oh yes I'm certain those items are needed for normal mode farms.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hothgor View Post
    Actually, LFR, Flex, Normal AND Heroics are all tuned on the assumption that NO ONE has done the legendary quest line. Having them just makes it easier.
    I highly doubt you have done ANY heroics if you think that. Laughable really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    you mean the 20 cloaks you can have drop in a week of trash. Oh yes I'm certain those items are needed for normal mode farms.

- - - Updated - - -

I highly doubt you have done ANY heroics if you think that. Laughable really.
    You seem angry. Calm down, maybe go for a walk?

Quote Originally Posted by DangerousBacon View Post
    You seem angry. Calm down, maybe go for a walk?
    Not angry just blunt. Have a swell day.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheltx View Post
    As far as I am aware the content is tuned under the assumption that every raid member has a legendary cloak. If that is the case then why are cloaks still on heroic loot tables. Seems like a massive waste when 99.9999999%(accurate numbers I am a scientist www.notlying.org) of them are going to be DE'd.
    The content isn't designed assuming everyone has one. They made a comment about this awhile back. It's probably tuned to 1-2 people having it as there are many guilds who will probably only see that many due to other members not wanting to put much effort into it, bad RNG, etc.

Since most people won't have a cloak they put it on the table so they have a chance at a better cloak overall.

So if you have a legendary cloak, take it as free shards and move on.