Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Its kinda funny, as soon as something can't be done in a day they complain.

Quote Originally Posted by parlaa View Post
    Its kinda funny, as soon as something can't be done in a day they complain.
    are you just ignorant of the situation or are you purposely trying to sound like a jerk?

theres a huge difference between cant be done in a day and cant make any real progress after days of non stop work.

again ive done things like the insane, the bone white primal raptor grind, ive done every quest pre 5.4 ingame im exalted with almost every rep in the game and i have every wild battle pet in the game and lots of mounts. im no stranger to long grinds for next to no reward outside of cosmetics.

this grind for pvp realms is fine, in fact its probably way to damn easy for pvp realms at the moment except for classes like healers.

but pve realms? its completely broken, we shouldnt have to find people to crz us over, we shouldnt have the only alternative be entirely useless.

this would be my solution, remove the killing blow requirement for non dps classes and when in groups for pvp realms

for pve realms either A lower the cooldown of the transformation item to 10 minutes, have it persist through death and have a guaranteed coin for pve players when getting a killing blow/honor kill for non dps classes

or

remove the debuff on pve realms

also for pve realms increase the cost of the title back up to 10,000 and the cost of the mount up to 5000
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Just as a reminder since we are on the topic, you are not allowed to search for players in this thread

Well, over the weekend I only found 3 flagged people. 2 were wearing the Ordos, so that wouldn't help, the 3rd was one of these 3000 rated Warbringer Blood DKs... I just... no.

Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    it won't work, when you get killed by someone with item you get a 10min debuff that stops you granting bloody coins.

anyway, isn't the mount 1000 not 10000 coins?
    500 to be precise.
    That guy (>'.')>

WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    and how do you suggest someone make a friend on a pvp realm? pvp realms arent crz'd into pve realms, and most people only play on one server.

so most likely i would have to come on this forum or the official forums and find someone i dont know to send me over to someone else.

when outside sources is the only way to effectively do anything thats a flaw in game design not something we should just blow over and accept. they need to add in some way for pve players to effectively and sustainably farm coins, i dont care if they up the amount of coins the mount and title require for pve servers by a huge amount as long as the grind itself is sustainable.
    Has it ever occurred to you that Blizzard never intended for this grind to be on equal grounds for both PvP and PvE servers?
    Do you even comprehend how much harder pretty much any grind(current content mostly, but not exclusive) is on a PvP server?

Lastly, why do you think that you are owed a special snowflake treatment regarding a PvP grind/achievement/currency when you are on a BLOODY PvE server???
    Either transfer or suck it up, shut up, stop demanding and grind away if you really want it so much, simple.

this would be my solution, remove the killing blow requirement for non dps classes and when in groups for pvp realms

for pve realms either A lower the cooldown of the transformation item to 10 minutes, have it persist through death and have a guaranteed coin for pve players when getting a killing blow/honor kill for non dps classes

or

remove the debuff on pve realms

also for pve realms increase the cost of the title back up to 10,000 and the cost of the mount up to 5000
    I've done more than you, this grind isn't as bad as you people are making it out to be, and if you want it NOW NOW NOW start thinking outside the box, asking your friends, w/e. Its an achievement. Its a grind. They already nerfed it and its not enough for you.

The killing blow requirement is there to prevent your solution. If you implement a non-KB solution suddenly the fastest way to get coins is now go heals or tank, while letting a raid full of dps fight over who gets the Killing Blow.

I'm not sure what you mean about the CD, the transformation is ALREADY on a 10 minute CD, it has an hour duration, but 10 minute use CD.

Persist through death? How about I farm you at the graveyard now like people who use this item already do....oh wait, you wouldn't like that.

I'm Exalted with Emperor Shaohao and if you're comparing the fact that you've done the Bone Primal Raptor, the Insane title...I honestly have to assume you paid some group to farm the bones for you, did the Insane Title post Shendralar....because seriously, this is a grind and its not meant to be completed in a week, or probably even in a month. Could it be? of course it could, you can also do the initial Insane Title in less than a week....but you didn't whine on the forums to get that done, you thought of a way to be extremely efficient and got out there and did it.
    Recruiting for 5.4 Heroic Progression

Comparing this grind on a PvE realm to any other grind on a PvP realm is just wrong. Any other grind on a PvP realm would be difficult at first, but easier with time as people move on and the area becomes less populated. With this one on a PvE realm as time goes on and there are less and less people the achievement will become significantly harder, almost impossible without getting friends to come sacrifice themselves for your achievement. Also given the item useable outside of the island costs 50 bloody coins, you can also count that out if you are a late arrival to the game (50 KBs on a future-dead island).
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Oh, I haven't seen this thread.

I've ground up 500 coins along with my fiance (so, 1000 coins in total since they're only awarded to the person who dealt the killing blow), and it wasn't as bad as people are making it to be (on a high-pop PvE server, too).

No Shaman totem/Spirit of Redemption bug here, either. We actually tried that, but it was post-fix (achievement date confirms it, pretty sure the bug was fixed by the 12th).

Did they fix the Fire-Watcher's item that made it so you couldn't mount in BGs?

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    Comparing this grind on a PvE realm to any other grind on a PvP realm is just wrong. Any other grind on a PvP realm would be difficult at first, but easier with time as people move on and the area becomes less populated. With this one on a PvE realm as time goes on and there are less and less people the achievement will become significantly harder, almost impossible without getting friends to come sacrifice themselves for your achievement. Also given the item useable outside of the island costs 50 bloody coins, you can also count that out if you are a late arrival to the game (50 KBs on a future-dead island).
    How about we start comparing playing on PvP servers vs PvE servers in every aspect of this game and let's see who has benefited more over the years?

You get one drawback which is directly connected to world PvP (which you OPTED OUT OF BY ROLLING ON A PVE SERVER) and you start crying wolf, seriously, how sad can you people be?

Do you want to world PVP? Go roll on a bloody PVP server, period.

Quote Originally Posted by arandan View Post
    How about we start comparing playing on PvP servers vs PvE servers in every aspect of this game and let's see who has benefited more over the years?

You get one drawback which is directly connected to world PvP (which you OPTED OUT OF BY ROLLING ON A PVE SERVER) and you start crying wolf, seriously, how sad can you people be?

Do you want to world PVP? Go roll on a bloody PVP server, period.
    Please give me one thing that on a PVE server I could more easily do than on a PVP server *and* never got any easier to do on the PVP server. I've been on a PVP server before and there was nothing on the PVP server that I couldn't have done eventually. Some achievements might be hard to do right now on a PVP server, but eventually people/gankers move on and it becomes easier at that point.

In this particular situation if you do not do it right here, right now on the PVE realms chances are slim to none that you will ever accomplish it when you find 1-2 people total on the isle. Right now it is flat out hard to do this one on a PVE realm, and it will only get harder.

I'm not saying it needs to be easy, I'm saying there needs to be ways to accommodate for what will inevitably happen in a few months time that isn't just "get some friends to come out and farm them for hours on end each day".
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Haven't read the other comments but how I think it should be is:

*No coins if raid (Just like timeless)
    *30% on Honor Kill (Work like BGs for honor so healers will get a chance as well without being forced to play DPS)

I think 100% would just make it go too fast but I really think this KB thing is stupid.

Also, the 50 Bloody Coin item is beyond sad. Sure it's usable outside of the Island (and in BGs) but first of all, you can't mount, 30% chance, lasts 10min and probably does not persists through death and on top of this, 1h cd.

Quote Originally Posted by jaymzkerten View Post
    Right now it is flat out hard to do this one on a PVE realm, and it will only get harder.
    As someone who has done it on a PvE realm, I disagree.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are a lot of people who think farming these in large groups are better and most efficient but farming the bloody coins in groups is too inefficient. 2,000 bloody coins isn't that bad. I'm glad they changed it from 10,000 because 10,000 is really overkill for the time it takes to get these.

Anywho, I'm at 1,040 bloody coins. Anyone else close to 2,000?

Quote Originally Posted by arandan View Post
    Has it ever occurred to you that Blizzard never intended for this grind to be on equal grounds for both PvP and PvE servers?
    Do you even comprehend how much harder pretty much any grind(current content mostly, but not exclusive) is on a PvP server?

Lastly, why do you think that you are owed a special snowflake treatment regarding a PvP grind/achievement/currency when you are on a BLOODY PvE server???
    Either transfer or suck it up, shut up, stop demanding and grind away if you really want it so much, simple.
    harder on a certain realm does not = almost no actual way to do so on a realm.

unless you are on a huge realm 9 times out of 10 it isnt that much more difficult to do things on a pvp server compared to a pve server. and you are forgetting the main thing YOU CAN STILL DO THEM.

just because someones being a jerk and ganking you doesnt mean you dont have the same ways to complete pve objectives, and even on high pop servers if you just wait awhile, usually less than a couple days then you will have no problems in fact on most pvp servers its the exact same as a pve server and they dont even mess with eachother because they wanna get their own shit done.

and im not even asking for the pve one to be way easier im asking for A WAY TO DO IT.

besides the bloody coin grind please list one thing YOU CANNOT DO IN A SUSTAINABLE WAY on a different kind of server.

arenas? you can be just as good at arenas as pvp players on pve servers

battlegrounds? you can be just as good at arenas as pvp players on pve servers

dungeons? pvp players can be just as good at dungeons as pve players

raids? pvp players can be just as good at raids as pve players

questing and daily quests? pvp players and pve players can do the exact same things when questing

world events? both pvp and pve players can participate in world events.

so please go on about how much harder it is to do things on a pvp realm versus a pve realm because its not true because the only thing you can do on one server that you cant on another is world pvp and even then world pvp is pretty much dead on pvp realms

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pearsyn View Post
    I've done more than you, this grind isn't as bad as you people are making it out to be, and if you want it NOW NOW NOW start thinking outside the box, asking your friends, w/e. Its an achievement. Its a grind. They already nerfed it and its not enough for you.

The killing blow requirement is there to prevent your solution. If you implement a non-KB solution suddenly the fastest way to get coins is now go heals or tank, while letting a raid full of dps fight over who gets the Killing Blow.

I'm not sure what you mean about the CD, the transformation is ALREADY on a 10 minute CD, it has an hour duration, but 10 minute use CD.

Persist through death? How about I farm you at the graveyard now like people who use this item already do....oh wait, you wouldn't like that.

I'm Exalted with Emperor Shaohao and if you're comparing the fact that you've done the Bone Primal Raptor, the Insane title...I honestly have to assume you paid some group to farm the bones for you, did the Insane Title post Shendralar....because seriously, this is a grind and its not meant to be completed in a week, or probably even in a month. Could it be? of course it could, you can also do the initial Insane Title in less than a week....but you didn't whine on the forums to get that done, you thought of a way to be extremely efficient and got out there and did it.
    no i did all of my grinds either by myself or if my girlfriend was also doing it we would do it together. and im not talking about the censer nothing needs to be changed for the censer

im talking about this http://www.wowhead.com/item=102463 its the only way to get bloody coins outside of the isle and it has a 10 minute duration, an hour long cooldown, and only gives a 10% chance for a coin on a killing blow, does not allow you to mount and does not persist through death

its worthless

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gihelle View Post
    As someone who has done it on a PvE realm, I disagree.
    pvp realm = kill people over and over until you get your mount, its insanely easy on a pvp realm unless you are a healer

pve realm = spend over 80 hours straight killing the same person once every 10 minutes or running around hoping someone is flagged.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

pvp realm = kill people over and over until you get your mount, its insanely easy on a pvp realm unless you are a healer

pve realm = spend over 80 hours straight killing the same person once every 10 minutes or running around hoping someone is flagged.
    I tend to find flagged people all the time.

It's actually harder on a PvP server since mob mentality is more prominent there - you're a lot more likely to get jumped by multiple people at the same time. According to my friends on PvP servers, most of the time spent grinding those is actually waiting for the Censer CD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gihelle View Post
    I tend to find flagged people all the time.

It's actually harder on a PvP server since mob mentality is more prominent there - you're a lot more likely to get jumped by multiple people at the same time. According to my friends on PvP servers, most of the time spent grinding those is actually waiting for the Censer CD.
    Depends on the size. On a high pop realm like Illidan, I dont even last 2 seconds once I'm found with censur on. On the lower pop realms, while there will be ppl to jump into the fights from time to time (Mostly ones I killed before), I've seen more ppl just run on by the fight then I have actually stop and help. Its like that diffusion of responsibility- people just dont LIKE helping ppl out.

Also, I made a number of friends on other realms, PvP, RP, RP-PvP on a PvE server over the past year with Battletag by, you know, actually SOCIALIZING with players in scenarios, dungeons, LFR, ect. If you fail to socialize and find friends on other servers, well, you can go to a PvP server and pay ppl in battle pets, or sell battle pets on their server and pay them with gold to give you invites to their realm. It goes like this- they invite you on a lvl 90 thats in Pandaria. They log out. You now have until you leave the group to PvP on the PvP server. Managed to get ~100 coins in around 6 hours or so. Taking a bit of a break before I go back- the Timeless island will seem to last for at least 3 months so im not rushed. At this rate, I anticipate getting the mount within 2-3 weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am confused.

Why do people want eveything, straight away?

If everyone got it straight away, people would class it 'welfare' or w/e.

As horde I found a rather easy way of farming coins solo (this applies only for ranged classes). Just stand behind the rocks in the water near the flight master and kill people who arrive on the island. Since it takes a while to get there I found that many people are AFK when going there, so they don't put up much of a fight. If you are a class with water walking it makes it even easier to escape if you get attacked. You can also use Cursed Swabby Helmet for 200% swim speed for an even easier escape.

By using this method I've farmed around 250 coins without spending much time at all.

Something I've noticed - since the newest patch, Celestial Guards are aggroing at a much smaller distance.

I was able to kill people AFK by the graveyard at Shaohao's much more easily. Before update, guards would always aggro after 2-3 casts, that is no longer the case.