Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    That's wrong. Macroed BT sims higher than ungamed RE, gamed RE, and RC.

Unmacroed BT is slightly higher yet, but if you mess it up even once you lose that advantage-- and it is a very small advantage best case scenario.

Actually all of them are pretty close, but macroed BT is very easy to do and the second-best performing, so you might as well do it.
    I find this incredibly hard to believe, as that completely removes the advantage of using Blood Tap, being able to stock up charges and unload them during Pillar/trinkets

If you're bad at BT/have to macro it, go for Runic Empowerment imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post
    I find this incredibly hard to believe, as that completely removes the advantage of using Blood Tap, being able to stock up charges and unload them during Pillar/trinkets

He's talking about macroing BT to your spenders, not FS. If you macro it to FS then yes you can't pool since you instantly burn charges as you generate them, macroing to spenders however (HB/OB/etc) lets you pool when your over capping which is the main advantage of BT. I think for most of us mortals then pooling BT charges for Pillar is more likely to turn out as a loss than a gain but some simming might shed light on the situation......just no idea how you would.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varyk View Post

A major reason BT is good is that it returns UH runes as death runes. That alone makes up for the ~5% less rune regen that BT offers. As well, BT will not consume 5 charges if you FS and have no empty rune. So you gain there as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    He's talking about macroing BT to your spenders, not FS. If you macro it to FS then yes you can't pool since you instantly burn charges as you generate them, macroing to spenders however (HB/OB/etc) lets you pool when your over capping which is the main advantage of BT. I think for most of us mortals then pooling BT charges for Pillar is more likely to turn out as a loss than a gain but some simming might shed light on the situation......just no idea how you would.
    So would you recommend I do that? I understand why macroing BT to FS is a loss, but still don't see 100% how it works fine when macro'd to OB or HB. But if its a dps increase doing that vs using Runic Empowerment, I want to do it.

You're welcome to your opinion, but this is actually provable/testable. I was talking about macroing it to FS. Download simcraft and compare it yourself if you don't believe me. Or just continue using whatever you want, the difference between all the options is pretty small.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlarkin View Post
    So would you recommend I do that? I understand why macroing BT to FS is a loss, but still don't see 100% how it works fine when macro'd to OB or HB. But if its a dps increase doing that vs using Runic Empowerment, I want to do it.
    The nice thing about Frost atm is that all of the t75 talents are relatively close, according to some simming in the PTR thread it could be as little as 1% between all 3. Reconcile this with what you enjoy and what you think works best for you.

Heres some pros and cons for you:
    Runic Corruption - Requires no management, worst DPS (remember we could be talking about 1% here).
    RE-Needs to be gamed, gaming is basically holding one UH rune at all times so that you always refresh F or D runes. More or less even with BT.
    BT-Offers the most flexibility of the 3, if you want to be a baller then this might be the one for you. However it's also the easiest to mess up, mess up frequently and it's easily the worst of the 3 DPS wise. It's also likely you will have to modify your UI so you can easily track your stacks.

There is no wrong decision here, the one you play the best or enjoy the most is the right choice for you. Unmacroed BT will offer you the most room for growth as a player but if your raiding then please keep in mind that the guy who executes mechanics properly and doesn't diein the fire is infinitely more useful than the guy who burns your combat res every pull because he was too focused micro managing a perfect rotation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    You're welcome to your opinion, but this is actually provable/testable. I was talking about macroing it to FS. Download simcraft and compare it yourself if you don't believe me. Or just continue using whatever you want, the difference between all the options is pretty small.
    Oops, guess it doesn't matter either way I guess lol.

I'm personally using blood tap macroed behind fs, simply because the manual version provides so many possible errors by reaction time, forgetting it if its getting nasty in the boss fight (while this is simply a matter of practice) and simply wasting runereg by choosing the wrong point in time to use the charges.

We're also gcd locked if we include ams soaking, saving runes for whatever reason might only provide a optimization what abilities you use in the important time frame, you don't put your rune hole form one to another point, you trade a rune hole against optimizing your damage at one point, which can even be overall a dps loss, and considering how it can damage your rune "flow" and possibly waste even bt stacks to accomplish your goal of saving runes. Plague leech and empower rune weapon are probably the better deal to optimize dmg when quick burst is needed.

Even a macroed blood tap is better than the other 2, simply because the procs are death runes and you can't waste procs as easily as with RE for example.
    Especially Frost is a spec with very constant dmg where you can use a constant rune flow very good, frost dw and 2h alike.