Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Why does everyone quit lfr on the first boss?

For 3 days now I have been queing up for lfr valley. EVERY SINGLE GROUP I get in is sitting at the first boss and complaining how they have been there for like an hour waiting on people, then while we are waiting over 1/2 drop group so by the next time people join the group is down to 5 or 6, then when the next group joins those few that wehre left are complaining about being there forever and when we wipe on the next pull, (which happens a lot in lfr cause most people don't seem to want to try anymore) then everyone drops and it starts over??!! WHY?

Quote Originally Posted by sololux View Post
    For 3 days now I have been queing up for lfr valley. EVERY SINGLE GROUP I get in is sitting at the first boss and complaining how they have been there for like an hour waiting on people, then while we are waiting over 1/2 drop group so by the next time people join the group is down to 5 or 6, then when the next group joins those few that wehre left are complaining about being there forever and when we wipe on the next pull, (which happens a lot in lfr cause most people don't seem to want to try anymore) then everyone drops and it starts over??!! WHY?
    I've done a lot of research on this, because I figured some people would have this problem. It's only been a few days of data collection and calculations, but I've come to a solid enough conclusion that has been supported by in-game player interviews. The verdict: You smell bad.

Seriously though, it's probably a fluke of bad runs. If nothing else, it should smooth out by next week when people are more experienced.

I must smell REALLY bad because im currently sitting at immerseus( been sitting here since the first group dropped around 20 minutes ago) and my que timer says 8 hours LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by sololux View Post
    I must smell REALLY bad because im currently sitting at immerseus( been sitting here since the first group dropped around 20 minutes ago) and my que timer says 8 hours LOL.
    Wow... You might want to double check and make sure Immerseus didn't leave too. Fuck, man, that sucks.

Most likely to test reforges/weapons/item set ups. How much it affects DPS and everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never get people who zone in then leave at the entrance, are they after a particular boss? Why not just decline and save yourself the debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Wow... You might want to double check and make sure Immerseus didn't leave too. Fuck, man, that sucks.
    Haha, this made me laugh.

If a group dies on Immerseus, many in the group will assume that the group is awful and doomed to further failures on the harder bosses that come after it. Anyone who joins a group staring at Immerseus with a stack of determination will probably assume the same. Many of these will probably take their debuff and try to fish for a more competent group (it's possible to find a group of normal/heroic raiders queued together that will carry the raid and one-shot everything, especially during these first weeks).

10+ Year Old Account
    only serious answer yet........sometimes when you que into lfr you are thrown in at 2nd boss, therefore you must finish and go back in and do the first boss ona second run
    the rest who have replied so far are loads your mom should have swallowed

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are on first boss, and both tanks leave. You better leave too. The queue gets bugged and you won't be able to continue. I spent 4h on sunday with this issue.
    PM me weird stuff :3

Vision of Time items can no longer be used while in a Raid Finder raid until the wing has been completed.

They do Quest then leave..

LFR drops shit loot for many endgame players and they just jump in do quest. and leave. no point in doing 528 loot when they got a base ilvl there is like 20 ilvl higher or more..

I would do that my self if I didnt need loot for my OS.

but now its fixet

Immerseus drops a caster trinket that is extremly good compared to other caster trinkets (see DPS chart for elemental shamans). So they go in, kill the first boss and leave after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Keashaa View Post
    Immerseus drops a caster trinket that is extremly good compared to other caster trinkets (see DPS chart for elemental shamans). So they go in, kill the first boss and leave after that.

Thanks for explaining why he found his group "sitting at the first boss". It makes total sense that casters would queue for a trinket and then leave before killing the boss that drops that trinket.

Reading comprehension is an undervalued skill.

10+ Year Old Account
    It happens a lot after tuesdays. The people who usually are the best players are on tuesdays/wendsdays and the rest of the week is just pure crap. Believe me man I know I've been there.

Warlords of Draenor:
    Blizzard: LETS INTRODUCE TIME TRAVEL
    Everyone else: Oh great now Blizzard is a fan of Doctor Who.
    The Doctor: Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey stuff! YAYYY Bowties are cool!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    If you are on first boss, and both tanks leave. You better leave too. The queue gets bugged and you won't be able to continue. I spent 4h on sunday with this issue.
    This would explain a lot. I've been sitting in front of the first boss in the queue for 2 hours aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Adhemar View Post
    Thanks for explaining why he found his group "sitting at the first boss". It makes total sense that casters would queue for a trinket and then leave before killing the boss that drops that trinket.

Reading comprehension is an undervalued skill.
    I giggled.

Deleted
    Well, the only reason I have even set my foot into LFR is because of the Immerseus and Dark Shaman trinkets. I leave as soon as I kill either of them. I was lucky enough to get the Immerseus trinket on the second week, so I've only killed him once in LFR before our wednesday raid, but I'm still killing Dark Shamans Flex/LFR until I get his trinket.

I believe some people are doing the same as I am.

Quote Originally Posted by BossChef View Post
    Most likely to test reforges/weapons/item set ups. How much it affects DPS and everything.
    Dps check on Immerseus, best idea ever. Screw Simcraft/dummies!

Had this issue as well last week. Had two first wing LFR attempts where a tank would leave right before the first boss. I don't get why they would queue in, clear trash then leave other than RL aggro. But this seems to happen way too often.

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    Wow... You might want to double check and make sure Immerseus didn't leave too.
    haha that made LOL too.

1) The speed of the trash clear can make someone decide how smooth they think their LFR will go. If they believe it will go badly, quit time.

2) It's possible to desire an end boss (mainly for valor), and just to queue and leave (and queue 30 min later after afk/doing something else) instead of suffering through what could be hours of fails if you're not at least somewhat decently in progress.

I zoned in right before Iron Juggy, so I had to requeue 3 times before I got a group that could take down Zaela. Don't think I've not have full runs on Wing 1.