Thread: Well, RIP UVLS?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by tamo View Post
    ok guys, its time to calm down. This Nerf is maybe 10% on pure singletarget and srsly, watch videos like method's Thok HC kill and you know, why Blizzard is tuning demolocks.
    if you don't mind, could you explain that bug you were talking about? i watched the video and don't see anything unusual.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gihelle View Post
    It added a layer of RNG that just made the spec entirely uninteresting to me. I guess people liked it and it was entertaining at the beginning to see so many imps on a few select fights, but in the end I just hated how my DPS would fluctuate because of a factor that I had no control of.
    I'm guessing you haven't played lock outside of LFR? Honestly, once you got a heroic UVLS the proc rates were semi-reliable. Your Doom also lasts for quite a while, so even if you're unlucky with a slow proc, you'll be able to get a Doom up eventually.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    I'm guessing you haven't played lock outside of LFR? Honestly, once you got a heroic UVLS the proc rates were semi-reliable. Your Doom also lasts for quite a while, so even if you're unlucky with a slow proc, you'll be able to get a Doom up eventually.
    so much wrong with this. once you progress from LFR you get a heroic Lei-Shen kill with 100% drop chance on UVLS for you only right? besides, his armory:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ryssa/advanced

three UVLS procs within 20 seconds of pull = bullshit
    waiting for single target rez after a wipe so it would proc on the pull = bullshit
    100k overall DPS difference because UVLS+2 x Dark Soul Chaos Wave on Ball Lightning = bullshit
    proccing during Lei Shen intermission, Ji-Kun nests, 1 second after Tears of the Sun, right before Iron Qon phase changes etc = bullshit

that trinket sucked, glad it's gone, why did they have to butcher Imps though?

Quote Originally Posted by OokingDooker View Post
    Its also a sign that they're fucking the game up. Its no where near as smooth as it use to be. If one item makes or breaks the class, you know its bad design to begin with.
    You mean like the Moonwell Chalice? Demo seems to attract these kind of things.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    It's nothing new, mage trinket from synestra, rogue trinket from gruul, that funny agi trinket lei shen dropped etc. If you want to talk demo in tbc, it was only really 'viable' with void star talisman - pets have mechanic avoidance as a result of that, thank god - but it is one item being the block between playing a spec and not.

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    6 Heroic Lei Shen kills, 6 coins, 6 gold. We've had a total of 1 H UVLS actually drop (and it dropped on the very last kill before 5.4. Went to a Shadow Priest. I passed to him. By looking at this nerf, it was the right decision.) Everyone else who got it, coined it.

Lookng through your posts, you seem to play a Fire mage as a main, so I don't know what you're even doing here, being all rude, but let me explain a couple things to you.

The trinket proc rates may have been more reliable with a H+ version (sadly I ended the tier with only a normal UVLS), but the heart of the matter is, WHEN did it proc, not how often.

- Right before a rampage on Megaera/next set of heads spawn.
    - While you're on Ji-kun's nests.
    - Right after a phase transition on Qon, when the boss itself is no longer targettable.
    - Right after Suen despawns during Twins p1.
    - During transitions on Lei Shen.

Those are all moments where, if the trinket procced, it would be essentially wasting it's full potential. If you were going to parse on a fight on later Tier 15, you NEEDED to have well-timed trinket procs. It wasn't JUST a matter of keeping Doom up in 1 target. Not having trinkets proccing at the exact time (IE none of those moments mentioned above) meant your DPS would EASILY fluctuate a lot. And that's something that you had absolutely NO control of.

Don't even get me start on how you'd have to Soulstone yourself on a wipe because if you changed zones, the trinket RPPM CD would bug out and pretty much guaranteed not proc on a pull.

That's why I'm happy this trinket is finally dying.

Depending on sheer luck to get a good parse shouldn't have been a thing, ever.

I'm surprised you, who plays as a Fire Mage, don't know the feeling - pre 5.4, well-charged Combustions (which are RNG to an extent) would also be the make or break for a good parse.

I'm not even much of a parsing person myself (playing with 150-200ms from brazilian internet), but it still made a whole lot of difference whether I would get good parses or not.

But let's keep the thread on track.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Moonwell Chalice at least was a controllable, on use item. If you screwed up while using it, it was entirely your fault.
    Last edited by Gihelle; 2013-09-24 at 07:23 AM.

I got the normal one finally last night and now this. I'll get over it I'm sure but I'm pissed off to say the least. It refused to drop during tot and I thought perhaps my luck had finally changed. Clearly one last dig from the loot god trolling as usual. Understand the trinket change I guess, although god forbid they could have just adjusted it a bit and perhaps buff some of the new trinkets. Nice to see PTR data does nothing considering all these Destro band aids after people told Blizz to buff it DURING PTR. /sigh.

Deleted
    @ tamo

You are talking about a fight where demo's playstyle is optimal for obvious reasons (meta -> instant spam ftw), AND about a master-class Demo player, probably the best in the world. Judging the spec's strength based on these parameters... Your actions are illogical.

10+ Year Old Account
    Making the trinket more or less worthless sucks, but I am also kinda glad to not have to depend on one item.
    However, the added nerf to wild imp's dmg output is too much IMO.

it feels like blizz is saying "we made a cool trinket, but locks, no you cant use it." such a bad design flaw, just like in FL

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrenka View Post
    Happy for the death of ULVS yes.

Not happy about imp nerf or that this wasn't done 2 weeks ago.
    Pretty much this. Need a new trinket to replace my ulvs asap.
    Only other trinket I've is the Wush.. FML

Deleted
    I'm happy about it, hope demo gets weaker and weaker, raid groups ask me to go Demo + Affli lately despite me liking destro+Affli, hopefully now I will be able to choose the specc I want to dps too instead of that boring (IMO) demo specc. Before you bash me about destro being no skill lolz I would like to warn you: Fun is subjective.

Coming into 5.4 i was looking forward to dump UVLS and get some new and interesting trinkets, get rid of the massive RNG factor.
    The UVLS nerf came a few weeks late though, and with the added "bonus" of making demo next to uselss.

Will be interesting to see how demo will stand up to other specs/classes in the weeks to come, if they dont end up crawling behind...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Serenia View Post
    I'm happy about it, hope demo gets weaker and weaker, raid groups ask me to go Demo + Affli lately despite me liking destro+Affli, hopefully now I will be able to choose the specc I want to dps too instead of that boring (IMO) demo specc. Before you bash me about destro being no skill lolz I would like to warn you: Fun is subjective.
    I would love to go demo and destro, really hate the affli playstyle (both before and after the soulswap change).

Destro might be "easy", but it can still be fun to play - just look at arcane mages and their massive rotation

welcome to uvls being as bad for a lock as it is for a druid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenia View Post
    It is, but wishing nerfs on others isn't the way to find it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, wait.

So FOTM struct with UVLS as Demo, Blizzard fixed it and the tears flow?

One class/spec gets OP, people dive on board, Blizzard fixes it - nothing new.

And completely unviable now? Bitches, please.

Try playing the game for fun, not so serious!

Try not to post flamebait.

for a second i wanted to delete first warlock I see in my account! thank god it was a lvl 12!
    green is the color!

Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Faustus View Post
    Wait, wait.

Most people dont mind the UVLS nerf as much - everyone knew that would come eventually.
    But the sad part is also nerfing Imps, taking away so much of our DPS in one single reset.

And if people thing demo is fun and what they want to play, then most can just forget about raiding if dps falls as much as some expect.

Wait, wait.

Imp change is the one really pissing off people actually. I think pretty much everyone agrees that UVLS was ridiculous.

Wait, wait.

Thank you for your well thought out contribution.

I wouldn't go so far to say that Demo is not viable; however, this double nerf is going to force people to play affliction whether they want to or not (which is always horrid design). Assuming they are in progression. Prior to this both Affliction and Demonology were on par with each other, with Destruction working out a small niche. Now we have Warlocks pigeon-holed into a singular spec Affliction. The idea of gemming for Affliction and trying to make Destruction work in that gear does not sound remotely appealing.