Thread: Well, RIP UVLS?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Faustus View Post
    Wait, wait.

So FOTM struct with UVLS as Demo, Blizzard fixed it and the tears flow?

One class/spec gets OP, people dive on board, Blizzard fixes it - nothing new.

And completely unviable now? Bitches, please.

Try playing the game for fun, not so serious!
    nice, you just show you know about as much about locks as you've contributed with that post which is close to nothing.

the Uvls nerf and imp dmg nerf will cripple demo to a degree where it wont be viable at all. its basically reducing the dmg from demo's highest source of dmg by 50% which will be around a 10-15% nerf single target which is quite a big nerf.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by onemanaleft View Post
    since when is nerfing an item ruining a spec? that is absolutely ridiculous and frankly 6 months late

if you say the imp nerf comes out to like a 6% dmg nerf thats a valid complaint, but if youre looking at the dmg this entire expansion its a bit warrented that the top spec still came out relatively unscathed compared to the fire mages at aroudn 12% nerf, if were talking about the 2 power hitters from 5.3
    it wasnt so much the UVLS it was combination of uvls and 30% dmg nerf to wild imps, this will actually be a much greater nerf than that the fire mages got, i dont think that is warranted at all.

was thinking of changing my offspec from destro to demo, there is no need for that now, destro is most likely going to be superior to demo anyways.
    Last edited by mmoca748dddcc2; 2013-09-24 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GGA1759 View Post
    So one trinket makes a whole class completely unviable? lol

welcome to how WW monks felt 2 weeks ago with change to mastery making RoR crap

Quote Originally Posted by almara2512 View Post
    nice, you just show you know about as much about locks as you've contributed with that post which is close to nothing.

the Uvls nerf and imp dmg nerf will cripple demo to a degree where it wont be viable at all. its basically reducing the dmg from demo's highest source of dmg by 50% which will be around a 10-15% nerf single target which is quite a big nerf.
    +less time in meta due to the huge decrease in demonic fury generated by non-crit doom.
    Last edited by Iglou; 2013-09-24 at 10:31 AM.

can you PLEASE stop using THOK HC as an fucking demonstration on how demo is op ?

ofc it is on this fight, you can barely cast a spell, spamming instant IS good, its called fail design at this point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciremyk View Post
    can you PLEASE stop using THOK HC as an fucking demonstration on how demo is op ?

ofc it is on this fight, you can barely cast a spell, spamming instant IS good, its called fail design at this point.
    idd, 1 encounter doesnt make a spec OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciremyk View Post

Indeed, after this raid groups will just take Hunters as their ranged complement.

Deleted
    What irritates me is that Demo filled the niche that Affliction lacked nicely, without requiring sweeping changes to gems or reforges. And Demo did that very well.

Now there's the following options:
    -We continue going Demo for fights where burst aoe on a lot of short-living targets is crucial: suboptimal.
    -We continue going Demo for fights where Doom multidotting leads to a single target increase: suboptimal. It's too slow without crit Dooms and reduced Imp damage.
    -We just stay Affliction regardless of the fight: suboptimal.
    -We go Destro in our Affliction regemforge: suboptimal.
    -We start collecting an entirely new offset with Destro regemforge and use that on fights that suit Destro most: suboptimal.
    -We go to Shrine every time we need to regemforge in order to play Destro with the correct character setup: optimal.And tedious. And very expensive. And time consuming.

Thok is an outlier for Demo performance, as Demo behaves almost exactly like a Hunter in meta. It's simply encounter design. There's no massive Doom multidotting cheese, only the simple fact that ToC is instant and can be sustained for a long time if you build up DFury when hardcasting is still doable. The same goes for Hunters being able to maintain a large part of their rotation without having to cast and be interrupted (unless the Screech doesn't even interrupt Cobra/Steady).

I suppose I can be 'happy' that I still only have a LFR UVLS and don't have to run my weekly ToT HC anymore...But damn I enjoyed playing UVLS demo.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2013-09-24 at 11:26 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Indeed, after this raid groups will just take Hunters as their ranged complement.
    ._. /worried about my spot

Deleted
    Both Sparkuggz and Blatty top the meter by a good margin, nothing to cry about really...

http://www.millenium.org/home/livepl...m_liveplay_mmo

Edit: mkay it's not wednesday today ^_^.
    Last edited by mmoca1e94eb7cd; 2013-09-24 at 11:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Demonology
    Wild Imps' Fel Firebolt now deals 30% less damage.

This was not needed at all! I fine with the trinket nerf (I even have the TF Heroic version) but come on really nerf our imps again really??

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Paraclef View Post
    Both Sparkuggz and Blatty top the meter by a good margin, nothing to cry about really... maybe some new DEMO nerfs incoming

http://www.millenium.org/home/livepl...m_liveplay_mmo

I Don't think they have the patch yet did you see how many imps and UVLS procs he had?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GGA1759 View Post
    So one trinket makes a whole class completely unviable? lol

The normal version of UVLS was better than any heroic trinket in Siege of Orgrimmar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowone View Post
    Demonology
    Wild Imps' Fel Firebolt now deals 30% less damage.

This was not needed at all! I fine with the trinket nerf (I even have the TF Heroic version) but come on really nerf our imps again really??

- - - Updated - - -

I Don't think they have the patch yet did you see how many imps and UVLS procs he had?
    It will most likely be rolled out in the weekly maintenance, indeed.

that trinket was OP as hell and very bad design.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Duracells View Post
    Your underestimating UVLS. It was one of the trinkets that made demo actually compete with affliction this tier. Don't know how demo will do after this.
    there. that's bad design.

The problem was that locks in any decent guild we just humping the top of the meters without actually having to get gear from SoO. Trinket proc = top of meter. Nerf was justified.

Quote Originally Posted by Thugadin View Post
    I actually find it hilarious that Blizz had such a tough time trying to get Locks to use Siege trinkets over UVLS that they actually had a class specific trinket nerf. In all my years of WoW, I have never seen anything quite like this. It makes me wonder if it really was the only solution.
    Monks had their entire mastery reworked to get them to stop using Rune of Re-Origination. This is not a new thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazda View Post
    You're happy Demo is no longer a viable single target spec? What kind of warlock are you.
    If the only thing making it a good spec was a trinket then it was a good fix.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    If the only thing making it a good spec was a trinket then it was a good fix.
    The fuck they MADE IT WORST even without the trinket what the fuck is that lol

Quote Originally Posted by Malefic View Post
    The normal version of UVLS was better than any heroic trinket in Siege of Orgrimmar.
    Broken game design.

Demonology have survived just because that trinket!
    All of use using it know what am talking about becuase during the pull having it no procc is pretty much a 100-150k difference in peak dmg.
    Removing it completely lined up with all the nerfs demonology have suffered (Yes nerfs because of how strong UVLS been in the first place), it makes the spec totally worseless.

People will go affliction for HC Progress, forcing to use KJC on heavy movement fights letting us not be able to use the 2 new 90 tier talents which to me was awesome.
    All this is FUBAR, and I hope the ones responsible for these changes really know wtf they´ve done towards their warlock playerbase

Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    The problem was that locks in any decent guild we just humping the top of the meters without actually having to get gear from SoO. Trinket proc = top of meter. Nerf was justified.
    The problem isn't in nerfing the trinket itself, but nerfing Imp damage, and since Imps are directly affected by the trinket, it's like: Hey, we heard you like nerfs? So we put nerfs in your nerfs so you can't dps while you dps.