Thread: Well, RIP UVLS?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Indeed, after this raid groups will just take Hunters as their ranged complement.
    You make it sound like everyone is in Method where they MIGHT care about replacing a warlock with a hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Gihelle View Post
    Honestly I'm kinda happy too - not for the death of Demo, but for the death of UVLS.

It added a layer of RNG that just made the spec entirely uninteresting to me. I guess people liked it and it was entertaining at the beginning to see so many imps on a few select fights, but in the end I just hated how my DPS would fluctuate because of a factor that I had no control of.

The Imp nerf was clearly unnecessary. :\
    I liked it because I actually had some fury to play with.

The imp nerf, I think, was because imps were practically our largest source of damage, and, I suspect, because Norushen (where guardians don't suffer from corruption, and where demo locks as a result were out of control. I'm actually expecting some kind of compensation-buff at some point though, because demo really has it bad this tier, like really has it bad. I personally disagree with the nerf, demo has always been about pets doing a huge chunk of your damage, not a minor chunk of your damage, which is part of why I never liked demo much (past tense: I liked it a whole lot with some haste and actual proper fury generation, though demo is back to feeling as sluggish as it did in the first tier of this expansion now).

UVLS was also still strong for Aff, by the way, don't underestimate that, coupled with the Haunt nerf, Affliction will be a lot more in line with other specs now.

Deleted
    Would have been happy if they had compensated the loss of damage with buffs elsewhere, instead we get more nerfs on the imps... Been playing Demo all throughout Cata and MoP, but with these nerfs I just might have to switch to something else...

Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    No one said that, but you obviously don't understand how strong ULVS could be for demo.
    Then you must understand such strong behavior should be nerfed due to OPness. Though Blizzard fails to make nerfs during progress raids.
    Same story with Combustion for mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    I liked it because I actually had some fury to play with.

The imp nerf, I think, was because imps were practically our largest source of damage, and, I suspect, because Norushen (where guardians don't suffer from corruption, and where demo locks as a result were out of control. I'm actually expecting some kind of compensation-buff at some point though, because demo really has it bad this tier, like really has it bad. I personally disagree with the nerf, demo has always been about pets doing a huge chunk of your damage, not a minor chunk of your damage, which is part of why I never liked demo much (past tense: I liked it a whole lot with some haste and actual proper fury generation, though demo is back to feeling as sluggish as it did in the first tier of this expansion now).

UVLS was also still strong for Aff, by the way, don't underestimate that, coupled with the Haunt nerf, Affliction will be a lot more in line with other specs now.
    Imps were only such a big source of damage because of the trinket. Nerfing the trinket automatically nerfs Imp damage, as well as the secondary effects of Fury and Molten Core procs they provide. It is a nerf on top of a nerf.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ssviolett View Post
    Then you must understand such strong behavior should be nerfed due to OPness. Though Blizzard fails to make nerfs during progress raids.
    Same story with Combustion for mages.
    Nerfing the UVLS trinket is fine, not compensating the lost damage and nerfing the spec further is not.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Nerfing the UVLS trinket is fine, not compensating the lost damage and nerfing the spec further is not.
    It's fucking worthless now well I think some top tier lock can give input here lol

Time to go destro again
    I was planning to play pvp as demo this season, but now I think destruction or affliction will be better.
    Ghostcrawler is gone, time to celebrate!

Correct me if im wrong, but what im getting from all of this is if they would have just stopped at nerfing the trinket demo would still be somewhat viable right? It seems like the imp damage was just the icing on the cake and is what really hurt demo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    It's fucking worthless now well I think some top tier lock can give input here lol
    Yeah the trinket should be pretty much worthless at this point, and in a sense I'm glad because I didn't like the idea of having a previous tier trinket being better than the newer ones. But the nerf on top of it along with no compensation whatsoever is really overkill, let's hope they realize their mistake and push through another hotfix soon...

Deleted
    I'm loving how the one spec I feel competitive with get's completely fucked over the very week I start heroic progression. Looks like I'm stuck playing a spec I'm not comfortable with (affliction) and a spec that sucks on all but two fights (destro). Not only that but I only have HC Cha Ye and Normal UVLS so I'm shit outta luck until KTT, Amp or BBoY drop (hopefully I'll be first in line due to this though)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Imps were only such a big source of damage because of the trinket. Nerfing the trinket automatically nerfs Imp damage, as well as the secondary effects of Fury and Molten Core procs they provide. It is a nerf on top of a nerf.
    Inception yo

I think everyone saw this coming, but the fact it didn't ship with Patch 5.4 is rather concerned. Did Blizzard not foresee the issues with UVLS, and more importantly how has Blizzard allowed Demonology to rely so heavily on a single trinket ... ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItcheeBeard View Post
    Inception yo
    Surely nerfception?

I'm loving how the one spec I feel competitive with get's completely fucked over the very week I start heroic progression. Looks like I'm stuck playing a spec I'm not comfortable with (affliction) and a spec that sucks on all but two fights (destro). Not only that but I only have HC Cha Ye and Normal UVLS so I'm shit outta luck until KTT, Amp or BBoY drop (hopefully I'll be first in line due to this though)

- - - Updated - - -

Inception yo
    nerfception*
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VoodooGaming View Post
    I think everyone saw this coming, but the fact it didn't ship with Patch 5.4 is rather concerned. Did Blizzard not foresee the issues with UVLS, and more importantly how has Blizzard allowed Demonology to rely so heavily on a single trinket ... ?
    No, they didn't. In spite of being informed during Throne of Thunder PTR testing. That's a whole tier and a half of ignorance of the issue from the developers. Plenty of time to come up with an elegant fix such as those for Balance and Shadow, but instead we get this very belated ham-fisted fix.

RIP Demonology.
    www.twitch.tv/xchrispottertvx
    Officer in the World First Guild Method.
    We are recruiting any exceptional players who want to play at a World first level.
    www.method.gg
    Currently playing healer (Resto Druid main).

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    RIP Demonology.
    Blizzard: ''Nothing of value was lost''

._.

Time to try out a new game.......

isn't this overnerfing us... i mean, my imps are important for pressure in pvp, and they get nerfed because of a PVE trinket (which also got nerfed)???? They need to sort out their shit @ Blizz HQ
    Read the signature rules

Inception yo
    Hate to spoil the fun friend, but Inception is the art of implanting an idea in someones mind, so they believe it was their own idea, through dreams. It has nothing to do with the depth of something. I know, I'm a blast at parties!