Thread: Flex and Normal

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    this people have been asking for "beer league" raids - blizzard read it and delivered - this way they wont have to nerf normals anymore - if normal was too hard for someone - now he has reliable alternative.
    That's terrible logic. Flex doesn't change anything about normal. They nerf normal mode because it's too difficult for the intended audience (see Horridon) not because you can't carry less dedicated players through it. They will still mistune normal mode encounters on occasion and they will still nerf them when they are too difficult for the normal mode audience.

maybe it sounds funny but I'd appreciate if flex included possiblity to form group with 7 or 8 people..there are still players, friends, guildies who have problem to get even 10 people together

I remember countless times when I was spamming chat and looking for semi-decent players who could fill our 10-man which was often cancelled because we were short of 2 players..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Konik View Post
    maybe it sounds funny but I'd appreciate if flex included possiblity to form group with 7 or 8 people..there are still players, friends, guildies who have problem to get even 10 people together

I remember countless times when I was spamming chat and looking for semi-decent players who could fill our 10-man which was often cancelled because we were short of 2 players..
    The big difference with flex is you can Xrealm it - gives a bigger pool of people to fill the raid with - makes a flex much much easier to form. That one tiny thing makes it a different ball game - and I'm really please they've added it.

Quote Originally Posted by Konik View Post

This is already available. You can queue with 7 people. It's still tuned as if you had 10, but that really shouldn't stop you given a proper comp. If it doesn't work out, you can add some more people from OQ/OR with the xrealm functionality.

Get yourself gold mode in PG too, and if you can get <Proven Whatever> in addition to the LFR mode kills. That should convince them. Even then though, you vs. someone else who already has the gear and thus won't be rolling against them/their buddy as much.... yeah it can be tough to get a spot. I'm extremely grateful to be part of a raiding guild.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by guybrush88 View Post
    If you have the time to dedicate towards their raiding schedule and put effort into your application to guilds then you'll find one in no time - regardless of your experience in the current expansion.

If they turn you down then they're probably not the right guild for you.
    agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    FWIW I'm not finding Flex to be faceroll easy, myself. It's still pretty challenging.
    of course it will be challenging - frustrating if you go with people that don't know how to play their clases / can't understand the boss mechanics after wiping so many times (people from trade chat for example).

but if you go with one tank that knows how to do it + two nice healers + two or three dps with decent gear (515+) that do things well, you can fill the group with people from tradechat and have a fun gameplay experience, like I did the last two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    Get yourself gold mode in PG too, and if you can get <Proven Whatever> in addition to the LFR mode kills. That should convince them.
    don't take endless proving grounds so lightly. it's like challenge modes, can be so frustrating for some classes or specs that were pretty bad at 463 gear, even with good skill and class knowledge. but I agree to you with gold mode, it's possible for everyone.