Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I did a clean wipe free run pt1 and pt2 with people of avg ilvl 520. So yeah those who look for ilvl 535 are exaggerating mofos not worth grouping with.

I wonder, why do you want so hard to PuG? Find your own guild and let those asshats from trade chat rot in hell with their absurd requirements!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by barackohmama View Post
    I did a clean wipe free run pt1 and pt2 with people of avg ilvl 520. So yeah those who look for ilvl 535 are exaggerating mofos not worth grouping with.
    WRONG!
    Better safe than sorry.
    I can't judge player by their itemlvl, so i better pick 530+(with legendary back) - Openraid.us allow me to choose from hundreds of people, why risk taking someone around 510-515 over 530-540 with legendary back?
    It takes 5-10min to get full 530+ group on wednesday.

I don't judge either, you can do both parts with 520 as well, but i can bet all my gold, that people with 540+legendary will do same content MUCH faster!

Deleted
    I take only ppl with full normal clear with main to our flex raids, thats mostly because i dont wanna screw my day.

I thought LFR was bad, but flex Dark shamans has scarred me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khorm View Post
    I thought LFR was bad, but flex Dark shamans has scarred me.
    Yep, flex Dark Shamans is the superbowl of not afk-ing in stuff
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Don't think people are that bad. There will always be those looking for overgeared people, since they don't know you, so they don't know how much damage you do.
    The better gear the more damage. Even if you're bad. Of course a 510 geared person can beat the 530 if they don't know what they do, but it's harder, and they can stand in more stuff without dying.
    Think 515 is a nice ilvl to ask for. It can be done with less, but you're pugging it then, and that drags down. If you're doing it with friends you need less gear.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

well it depends on reset day those who run fast flex farm are mostly normal mode raiders who wanna some loot before actual raid and since their itlv is now around 545-550 if they are missing 1-2 players why should they feel forced to take someone who will perform much worse then they if when they give such reqirements they usually get plaenty of whispers from really good geared people who look for pug but who look for fast farm and not slow progress in there.

its supply&demeand if there wasnt huge supply of people with 540+ itlv wanting to join pugs they wouldnt be demanding it simple.

just wait few weeks when normal raiders will have all they could get from flex and then requirements will drop - but on the other hands succes and smooth runs will drop too be prepared for it too -_-

i have nothing agaisnt people with lower itlv wanting to do flex too - they can and will be succesfull - but if i have 2 whispers 1 with 510 itlv players with no legendary and 1 from 540+ itlv with legendary guess whom i will choose ? -_- RL job when looking for pugs is to assure that people in group will pull more or less similiar numbers and performance and while i dont know the pugs itlv is only thing i can judge upon fast -_-
    Last edited by kamuimac; 2013-09-24 at 11:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    Don't think people are that bad. There will always be those looking for overgeared people, since they don't know you, so they don't know how much damage you do.
    The better gear the more damage. Even if you're bad. Of course a 510 geared person can beat the 530 if they don't know what they do, but it's harder, and they can stand in more stuff without dying.
    Think 515 is a nice ilvl to ask for. It can be done with less, but you're pugging it then, and that drags down. If you're doing it with friends you need less gear.
    This, my guild requires 500 ilvl for alts/friends. We don't bring pugs, because if we did we'd have to set the bar higher for them simply due to the fact that we have no assurance that you can pull the numbers appropriate for your gear. After this week we'll probably be raising the bar to 510 and higher as the tier goes on just to not struggle through and get fast clears.

All of you guys who say requiring 535 is stupid need to sit down and realize that the people forming pugs do not know you, and have no grasp on how good or terrible you can perform with the gear on your character. This is evident when I see people in ~530 pulling under 100k dps

Quote Originally Posted by Evelol View Post
    LOL I love these QQers, the thing is, you don't understand why people are asking for 530+, it's not to get the things done, but to do it quickly and to avoid any wipes, as they would have if they would carry you through the raid/scenario probably.

530 iLvl isn't hard to get anyways, I've been getting crap drops on my alt for 3 weeks already, barely any Flex or Raid drops, and still I'm 535... You should just suck it up and don't QQ about it. Why would people carry you if they can get better skilled and geared players? o.O
    So much BS ooooozing out of this post. Hey guys..... ive not gotten any drops but im ilvl 535 !! Its sooooo eazy ! ¬.¬ You have gotten drops else your Ilvl wouldn't increase thats how the system works.

I actually like to carry people, but I like to carry people SUCCESSFULLY.

If I'm the only person in a pug with raid experience and gear I'm unlikely to achieve success. I thought I could, which is why I joined those three flex groups with crap gear. I've discovered that you need a 1:1 good-geared:bad geared ratio in order to get anywhere. In my last pug which almost succeeded we had me at 544, 3 players in the 530s, 3 in the 520s and a couple in the 500-515 range. And it came close to succeeding - a few more ilvls on the good player who was wearing 500s and we could have made it, or if the other tank had been at all decent we could have made it.

But that's one of my favorite lazy Sunday activities - joining a group who is on content that's a tier or two behind me, just so that I can dazzle them with my awesomeness. It builds up a reservoir of confidence that's usually destroyed when I get back to my regular progression group. Sometimes I forget how awesome my raid group is and it's nice to have the reminder. And it's nice to feel like the benevolent wise elder.

Nobody else feels this way?

Deleted
    My guild did a Flex run last reset where we had cleared most of SoO in 2 groups and gotten several items. So we wanted to run our alts in a Flex but lacked a few people. We started advertising in trade and even though I didn't put a minimum ilvl at the beginning, I simply just had to after the first whispers. "ilvl 513 but read dungeon journal" or "ilvl 517 but only done first wing in LFR".

At that point we agreed, that we didn't really wanna carry too many newbs. We brought in a healer who basically got carried and then 2 dps who again got carried. But we wanted to cover all buffs and lacked BL at the end - cause none of the 2 pug Hunters had BM spec or BL pet.....

Anyways, I ended up demanding 522 ilvl and at least LFR wing 1 clear. If I were to pug people again, I don't even know if I would accept anyone below 530 and achievement for both wings on Flex difficulty tbh. Just too much of a hassle, when people have no fucking clue and clearly don't bother reading the dungeon journal or watch one of the guides.

@ OP: If you're that unhappy about the requirements, form you own group and then see how much fun it is to invite players who don't know what they're doing and barely have Normal ToT gear. Or find yourself a decent guild maybe?

Reading through this post really makes me feel sad about the current state of World Of Warcraft.

Getting to max level so quickly and to ~500 ilvl (in an hour or so on isle) has created a population of players who are just flat out terrible and expect everything handed to them.

These terrible players realize they can't get into raids so they start forming their own raids with insanely high requirements (that they don't meet themselves) in order to avoid other terrible players like themselves.

I would suggest if you were looking to hop in a Flex Raid and one of these people are spamming that you just save yourself the time. These type of people are the first to cast blame when shit does not go right and show their immense lack of game knowledge by only looking at recount and dumping the lowest dps regardless of numbers or say something like

"Kick the disc priest they are DPSing and not healing"

Everytime I see a qq thread like this I have to wonder... Why doesn't the OP run his own raids if hr toesnt like the required gear for someone else's raid.

At this point 530+ is so easy to obtain that there isn't any issues with groups filling without you. You can laugh all you want, me and my over geared group will run thru flex fast and easy.

Never had a problem, as a raider i've always been 12412412412 requirements over any group lol.

Sucks to be in a bad guild lol

Deleted
    Our main raid group (with an average ilevel of 555+) does flex every week for the chance at odd items like the CDR trinkets, and if we were to look for a pug member we would expect someone capable of clearing it at out pace, not someone to boost.

Not everyone doing flex is a 510 alt.

Just lie. Over half the time they're not going to to actually armory you for a flex pug.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felir View Post
    Remember "whisper hp if you're a tank" in TBC?
    Remember GearScore back in Wrath?
    Yeah, it's the same. It's fucking stupid.
    NOT stupid after you wipe at galakras for 21 times because peoples think they are entitled to do flex without even watching a guide or reading the dungeon journal.

Quote Originally Posted by broods View Post
    I'm seeing this a lot in General chat.
    If i had an ilevel of 535 i wouldn't be needing to run flex in the first place.

I got an Invite ones as 522 geared resto shaman for part 1 SOO but got kicked when they found out I've only done it in LFR.

I used to raid pretty hardcore in the past and mostly did heroic/hardmode raid content but that doesn't seem to carry any stock.

Well flex gear is 540, so 535 ilvl toons, are still going to need gear from in there. And im 547, and Im still running it for tier, weapons and trinkets.
    But so far, most of the groups ive been in that dont ask for ilvl have fallen apart because of all the undergeared people in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladzins View Post
    WRONG!
    Better safe than sorry.
    I can't judge player by their itemlvl, so i better pick 530+(with legendary back) - Openraid.us allow me to choose from hundreds of people, why risk taking someone around 510-515 over 530-540 with legendary back?
    It takes 5-10min to get full 530+ group on wednesday.

I don't judge either, you can do both parts with 520 as well, but i can bet all my gold, that people with 540+legendary will do same content MUCH faster!
    AKA i want to faceroll everything. With 530ilvl you should be clearing Normal SoO.