Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Ordon Sanctuary and getting across cloakless.

Earlier today someone was able to take me over to the Ordon Sanctuary for rep grinding by letting me on their two seater mount and using their cloak to get across. My question is, could I put someone with a cloak onto my two seater and then jump across and make it?

10+ Year Old Account
    This I don't know. You should try it :P

15+ Year Old Account
    There is a sweep of the area, every few seconds, booting players off that part of the island.
    In short, it will let you over but will remove you after a few seconds.

you dont need a cloak

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithix View Post
    There is a sweep of the area, every few seconds, booting players off that part of the island.
    This is only the area where Ordos is located. There is a small area where there are plenty of mobs for rep grinding that a person without a cloak can be without getting kicked out.

Deleted
    You can also that the albatros taxi and land in the lake above the sanctuary. You can get everywhere exept for ordos and the area before him.

This way you can also get that last chest next to that Legendary only area (just walk around the wall and take a side entrance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Earlier today someone was able to take me over to the Ordon Sanctuary for rep grinding by letting me on their two seater mount and using their cloak to get across. My question is, could I put someone with a cloak onto my two seater and then jump across and make it?
    I would assume not but cant be sure. In the first instance, that person was in control of the mount. In the second, you are and you don't have a cloak.
    "I'm a beaver in a hole, if you don't know what that is then I feel sorry for you"

Quote Originally Posted by wookybear View Post
    I would assume not but cant be sure. In the first instance, that person was in control of the mount. In the second, you are and you don't have a cloak.
    Suddenly a wild Daz appears!

10+ Year Old Account
    No, OP. They'd have to be driving. You can take an albatross, or fly/glide there, though, if you don't have any friends around with a cloak and two seater mount on their account.

Quote Originally Posted by Lithix View Post
    Only in the centre area, afaik

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Deleted
    yeah only in the centre part, the rest is FFA

Deleted
    You can also get a free burden if you loot the giant fire chest in the Halfcircle east of the central area. Nice free Ring for me!

i wonder if when you fly past ordos on an albatross if a ranged class can be close enough to target him, kill the bird and get a tagging shot in on him. granted ordos would have to be just about to die and you would have to get this tag before he died and before you die or get ported. would be funny if that worked. although i'm wondering if the achieve wouldn't register without the cloak. if blizz has scan checks in place then no achieve.....bastards!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallikiddd View Post
    i wonder if when you fly past ordos on an albatross if a ranged class can be close enough to target him, kill the bird and get a tagging shot in on him. granted ordos would have to be just about to die and you would have to get this tag before he died and before you die or get ported. would be funny if that worked. although i'm wondering if the achieve wouldn't register without the cloak. if blizz has scan checks in place then no achieve.....bastards!
    It's too high.

But also, not having the cloak on your account registers you ineligible for loot, just in case you cheesed some way in to get a hit off before the teleport pulse.

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Also dont forget if you have the cloak on one toon you can fly across on any toon.

15+ Year Old Account
    How big is the area you can't enter around Ordos?

I was standing maybe 40-50 yeards away from him without getting booted off, inside the walls. Had also looted the chest in the area. Ordos was standing next to a rare mob(Durum/Durdur or something) which I fighted shortly after without getting booted for coming to close.

Just assuming he has an "aura" around him at all times which you can't enter without the cloak?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duridi View Post
    How big is the area you can't enter around Ordos?

I was standing maybe 40-50 yeards away from him without getting booted off, inside the walls. Had also looted the chest in the area. Ordos was standing next to a rare mob(Durum/Durdur or something) which I fighted shortly after without getting booted for coming to close.

Just assuming he has an "aura" around him at all times which you can't enter without the cloak?
    Are you sure you were standing next to Ordos and not an Ordon Priest or something?

Ordos is on the balcony up the steps in the north of the centre courtyard (square) area on that plateau. He has no mobs by him. The half circle area to the west (where the Blazing Chest is found), the lake/gy to the east, and the whole area around the outside of the walls should be fine for people without the cloak. It should only be within the square sanctuary in the middle that the pulse goes out, as soon as you move in the front gate.

The aura isn't around him, it's just based on the zone. You can't pull him out, either, if you were thinking of that, because the front gate to the sanctuary locks when he is engaged.

And like I said, even if you sneak in through some means to get a shot off on him before he dies, not having the cloak on your account makes you ineligible for loot anyway.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Only in the centre area, afaik
    I've been booted a few times from the outer area as well on one of my accounts without a cloak. Was trying to run to the chest and got to different points before the sweep hit.

And like I said, even if you sneak in through some means to get a shot off on him before he dies, not having the cloak on your account makes you ineligible for loot anyway.
    ok no loot fine i can see that but what about the achieve?

10+ Year Old Account
    I can confirm I take my wife over in my chopper to farm rep.

the front gate to the sanctuary locks when he is engaged.
    Oh boy, I remember the first time I tried to kill him I died because someone got the debuff and didn't move away from the raid and instead of running back in I let the spirit ress me and couldn't get back in