Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    That is a pic from PTR, check the journal right now on live, no longer upgradable.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    They are not best in slot for a lot of classes. They cannot be upgraded and cannot be warforged, although they start at a higher ilvl, a H WF 2/2 weapon will be a good few more ilvls.
    i never said they were everyone's best in slot, only mentioned that they are for many people. Then asked if they were not even an upgrade for op

No, it's heirloom and BoA. It is not able to be upgraded, despite what that screenshot shows (as mentioned above, it was from PTR).

In theory, no heirloom/boA weapon is BIS for any class because they cannot be warforged. In practice, it'll probably be the best weapon many (most) people get.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrapax View Post
    Yet the pic states the heirloom is 0/2 upgraded. With 2 upgrades, it would be 2 ilvls higher than a heroic-warforged-upgraded weapon.

Bashiok seems to have confirmed they are upgradeable and probably BIS for most classes: https://twitter.com/Bashiok/status/377126486714482688
    Ghostcrawler made a similar tweet, they both turned out to be wrong and the patch launched with them being non-upgradable just like they were late during the PTR cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    So it's a BoA weapon that's not a heirloom? I wasn't aware such things dropped off Garrosh. Additionally you say it doesn't scale yet at the bottom it says level 90-100 (90) which leads me to believe it does scale.

So there are BoA weapons, heirloom weapons and regular weapons on Garrosh? Seems a bit silly really.
    It does scale, but only when you gain levels... which you can't do this expansion.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

So it's a BoA weapon that's not a heirloom? I wasn't aware such things dropped off Garrosh. Additionally you say it doesn't scale yet at the bottom it says level 90-100 (90) which leads me to believe it does scale.

So there are BoA weapons, heirloom weapons and regular weapons on Garrosh? Seems a bit silly really.
    It scales with your level into the next expansion.... which means literally nothing to its power for people raiding this tier.

10+ Year Old Account
    I realize what you're all saying. But my BiS main hand is Arcweaver's Spellsword (which I already have), and my BiS offhand is http://www.wowhead.com/item=103920 off Garrosh, but not the Heirloom.

Frost mages use haste, crit is all but worthless to us at this ilvl.

Point is, I also want these items:
    My BiS trinket and a HUGE upgrade because of the haste on it: http://www.wowhead.com/item=105399
    Tons of haste, one of my off-piece BiS: http://www.wowhead.com/item=105398

What I don't want:
    Every single heirloom off that boss.

Then I guess it's a good thing that Garrosh doesn't drop the heirlooms on his actual loot table, eh? Use your coins on other bosses and wait for the items you want to actually drop.

Alternatively, make a post on the official forums/tweet GC asking for coins to not give heirlooms.

P.S. I'm not sure I've seen anyone in here say that coin rolls can give you heirlooms for other specs/classes. I'd expect that they cannot. Sure, they can give your mage a caster weapon, for sure, but I don't expect that your mage will see a tank weapon, a shield, or a melee dps weapon from a coin roll on Garrosh. Until someone comes in here claiming otherwise, then I guess you'll just have to decide whether or not it's worth using the coin when you have a chance of getting caster BoAs from it.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-09-25 at 09:41 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    I realize what you're all saying. But my BiS main hand is Arcweaver's Spellsword (which I already have), and my BiS offhand is http://www.wowhead.com/item=103920 off Garrosh, but not the Heirloom.

Frost mages use haste, crit is all but worthless to us at this ilvl.

Point is, I also want these items:
    My BiS trinket and a HUGE upgrade because of the haste on it: http://www.wowhead.com/item=105399
    Tons of haste, one of my off-piece BiS: http://www.wowhead.com/item=105398

What I don't want:
    Every single heirloom off that boss.
    Every single heirloom is not part of your specialization and these heirlooms still follow your declared specialization rules when you roll a coin. According to blues you aren't going to roll a 2 handed axe on a shadow priest.
    Always' Weak Auras - My Pastebin

So...what's this then?

Open your eyes, thats a 574 ilvl heirloom weapon, not a 567 ilvl heirloom weapon

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    That's assuming they're lucky enough to have a warforged weapon drop.
    Still not BiS

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    they're 2 itemlevels higher than warforged items. the problem is that they cannot be upgraded.
    And people usually upgrade weapons, so 6 itemlevels lower than upgraded warforged
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Just because Mannoroth and Archimonde are involved doesn't mean it's Legion. They could just be on vacation, demolishing Draenor to build their new summer home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Did you know that salt has sodium and chlorine in it!!!! Sodium explodes when exposed to atmosphere and you clean your toilets with chlorine!!

Also before someone says, "BUT THEY ARE BOAS MEANT FOR OUR ALTS!?!?!" Nope. They are meant for your main toon that you kill Garrosh with to use in the next expansion so you don't feel like you replace your weapon you work so hard for so fast. So regardless of if its your best in slot for now I would grab one, because it will be as soon as you hit 91.
    Always' Weak Auras - My Pastebin

10+ Year Old Account
    Perfect, then.

Of course I can live with mage appropriate heirloom items being on my roll chance. I'm not asking for my cake and a fork here, just to not roll a coin and get some shield or polearm.

Quote Originally Posted by Always View Post
    Also before someone says, "BUT THEY ARE BOAS MEANT FOR OUR ALTS!?!?!" Nope. They are meant for your main toon that you kill Garrosh with to use in the next expansion so you don't feel like you replace your weapon you work so hard for so fast. So regardless of if its your best in slot for now I would grab one, because it will be as soon as you hit 91.
    The first one is meant for our mains. Every one after that is meant for our alts. They've made this pretty clear.

That kind of indicates that it's meant for both our mains and our alts.
    Last edited by Belloc; 2013-09-25 at 10:25 PM.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Perfect, then.

Of course I can live with mage appropriate heirloom items being on my roll chance. I'm not asking for my cake and a fork here, just to not roll a coin and get some shield or polearm.
    The first heirloom you get from Garrosh will be spec appropriate. The others after that will be random, with every heirloom he drops open to you. While this may suck early on, when you don't want an heirloom, you will possibly be very glad for this as the patch ages.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I won't. Because like 120 thousand people, I'm on Stormrage because this is the server you go on to raid.

My alts are on other servers. I can't send the heirlooms I get to them.

Also, there is no heirloom appropriate for frost mage. There's a crit/mastery staff that's total crap. I won't even use it for leveling. I'd equip the offhand.

My point here is, if you can coin roll an heirloom that is not able to be equipped by you, that is akin to saying a coin roll on any other boss could reward you with loot for any class. That's designed hideously. Also, I know I cannot be alone here and that a huge audience of people has alts on other servers that will be unable to benefit from this without shelling out yet more cash to Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

PS: So that's 18 possible items when using a coin. That's ridiculous.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do get that coins aren't the only way to obtain loot from a boss. And you will get heirlooms that are appropriate for your class and spec first. So even if you get one that isn't itemized how you want reforging is a thing. And you don't have to use it now. You're making way too much of a fuss over this.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

I wonder if at lvl 91 the heroic and normal versions will end up being the same level, or will higher tier versions remain with a lvl advantage all the way up to the next level cap?
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Also, there is no heirloom appropriate for frost mage. There's a crit/mastery staff that's total crap. I won't even use it for leveling. I'd equip the offhand.
    1. You have no idea what your stat priority will be next expansion
    2. You have no idea how quickly these weapons will scale next expansion. If you're gaining 5k sp (or equivalent post squish) from the heirloom staff at 91?
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think the way it works is like this.

Yes you can coin an heirloom, but you won't be able to coin things that aren't part of your specialization.

Once you get the heirlooms that your class is designed upon (from the LFR style loot) you can then start getting the other ones randomly. Note that just because you can start getting the other ones doesn't mean you can start coining them. At least I hope that how it works, because honestly I would agree with the OP that it would be downright retarded if you could coin any of the heirloom items after getting the one that's appropriate for your class/role.

As far as the overall design goes I love it. I might not use my heirloom weapon for the FIRST level (90-91), but as soon as I hit 91 it really doesn't matter what the stats are on the heirloom, it's probably going to be better due to shear weapon damage or spell power that's being offered virtue of it having a higher iLvL. Secondary stats devalue pretty heavily on old raid items once you ding. I can still remember having like 3-4% crit in Twilight Highlands when I had something like 30% at 80 in WoTLK.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think my main fuss is... let us send heirlooms to other realms :P
    Well that's something I can get behind. I think they should just implement something that sends proper heirlooms you've unlocked to any new toon you make. And have them be non trade-able. Kind of like when you make a toon on beta or ptr you have gear sets you can use. I think buying, or now winning heirlooms should just unlock them on your account. It'd make life easier.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.