Page 26 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    WHOA 25 pages! Okay let me put this thread to bed, once and for all...

Heroes of the Storm sounds a lot like "sons of the storm". What's sons of the storm you may ask? Here's a link to their page...
    http://www.sonsofthestorm.com/
    It's Metzen, Samwise, and other guys from Blizzard creative team. You can blame Samwise for Pandaria btw lol. They do the art work, concepts, and lore of Blizzard games. SO, in "Sons of the Storm" the storm is Blizzard, and sons are the creative team that makes games we all know and love. What's this have to do with "Heroes of the Storm?" Well, if the storm is Blizzard right... and it's a game with "heroes" right??? Then we can safely assume this is the final name for the Blizzard MOBA they have been working on formerly known as Blizzard DOTA, or Blizzard All Stars. Which both are pretty unexciting names compared to Heroes of the Storm for a brand new DotA like game.

So, I'll say it again... This is the Blizzard DotA game they talked about a long time ago, now with an official title that probably will be officially announced at Blizzcon. This is not the new WoW expansion (thank god)
    All of this has already been brought up multiple times.

I'm still sitting on the The Dark Below being the next expansion and here's why...
    Besides all the obvious reasons you've heard already, here's some interesting things added in 5.4 to reaffirm this as the next expansion...

http://wowpedia.org/Timeless_Isle

If you explore enough of the Timeless Isle you will notice there are lots and lots of Pirate themes. A south seas pirate ship, a sunken ship with ghost hozen, another sunken ship with a chest in it. Two, yes two under water caves with mobs and treasure. A ghost ship boss, a whale shark, and a Kraken boss. What does this all have to do with The Dark Below? Well, as you may have noticed earlier, Blizzard said in interviews that the Timeless Isle is a sort of "experiment." I'm speculating it's an experiment in end game, AND more notably an experiment to how players react and respond to all these underwater and oceanic themed bosses and areas! You see, in video games, developers groom us to get ready for the next challenge. A sort of video game foreshadowing if you will. Classic had signs of this, The Burning Crusade had this, Wrath of the Lich King had this, and Cataclysm had this. I'm almost certain that The Dark Below is real, and it is coming = D.
    The Timeless Isle is an experiment in introducing content that isn't based on quests instead of things like daily hubs.
    The same way that Isle of Thunder and Isle of Giants were a similar experiment, to see how players reacted to a combination of dailies and rare/chest/platforming content, and to see how players would react to content that was purely questless farming and fighting elites.

Timeless Isle combines the rares, trove runs and faction elements of Thunder with the elite and farming elements of Giants. To see how players feel about such content. It has absolutely nothing to do with "Experimenting" to see how players like a theme. To begin with that's completely nonsensical because it suggests that Blizzard is JUST NOW trying to decide on a theme for the next expansion, two months before the announcement at Blizzcon.

They aren't going to spend a full year working on an expansion, get it close to beta-ready, prepare an announcement and panels for Blizzcon and THEN go "Hey, let's put some underwater/pirate content in the next patch to see if players like that sort of thing to make sure the next expansion is a good idea." Because what are they going to do at that point? Scrap the expansion idea and push back the release a full year?

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    what do you mean "all these underwater and oceanic themed bosses and areas"? there is like 1 cave underwater and 1 event underwater and 1 shark you have to swim to kill, the rest is completely on land.
    Click on the link on wowpedia, there are TONS of them if you go searching for them. There are two maybe more underwater caves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    All of this has already been brought up multiple times.

The Timeless Isle is an experiment in introducing content that isn't based on quests instead of things like daily hubs.
    The same way that Isle of Thunder and Isle of Giants were a similar experiment, to see how players reacted to a combination of dailies and rare/chest/platforming content, and to see how players would react to content that was purely questless farming and fighting elites.

Timeless Isle combines the rares, trove runs and faction elements of Thunder with the elite and farming elements of Giants. To see how players feel about such content. It has absolutely nothing to do with "Experimenting" to see how players like a theme. To begin with that's completely nonsensical because it suggests that Blizzard is JUST NOW trying to decide on a theme for the next expansion, two months before the announcement at Blizzcon.

They aren't going to spend a full year working on an expansion, get it close to beta-ready, prepare an announcement and panels for Blizzcon and THEN go "Hey, let's put some underwater/pirate content in the next patch to see if players like that sort of thing to make sure the next expansion is a good idea." Because what are they going to do at that point? Scrap the expansion idea and push back the release a full year?
    No dude, you're misunderstanding me... The timeless isle is like a focus group testing for multiple things. We are that test group. Right now the next xpac is in early Alpha if that. They can still alter zones and change lots and lots of things. The changes will be determined on player feed back and responses on forums about things on the timeless isle, and developers. I personally love the Timeless Isle and hope the game goes more of a free forming experience, at least during end game.

Click on the link on wowpedia, there are TONS of them if you go searching for them. There are two maybe more underwater caves.

- - - Updated - - -

No dude, you're misunderstanding me... The timeless isle is like a focus group testing for multiple things. We are that test group. Right now the next xpac is in early Alpha if that. They can still alter zones and change lots and lots of things. The changes will be determined on player feed back and responses on forums about things on the timeless isle, and developers. I personally love the Timeless Isle and hope the game goes more of a free forming experience, at least during end game.
    No, the next expansion pack is towards the end of alpha, based on how finished Mists was at announcement.
    And I'm not misunderstanding you, I'm saying that Blizzard ISN'T going to "test" how people feel about aquatic content by including a few underwater caves and some pirate stuff as minor pieces of a patch. Do you realize how many underwater caves there are in wow already? And how much pirate content there is? Not to mention the fact that they already have a massive amount of feedback about aquatic zones from Cataclysm.

I.e. Timeless Isle has absolutely nothing to do with Blizzard testing the waters for Dark Below.
    It was, as you agreed, a chance to test free-form content. Nothing more.

You might as well argue that all of the fire mobs were a chance to test how players feel about a burning legion expansion.
    Or that all the ghosts were to test how players feel about another scourge expansion.

Just like the Chormatic Drake in Dragon Soul & Halion in Wrath. There are always a mount or new Enemy hint to the next Expansion since Wrath.
    Storm Crow & Enchanted Fey Drake still missing. Both linked to Emerald Dream = N'Zoth = Queen Azshara in some way or another.

Blizzard stated SoO was the calm before the storm.
    Blizzard trade marks "Heroes of The Storm"
    N'zoth, Azshara, Naga... Maelstrom
    N'zoth created/ is the Nightmare... Emerald Dream.

Like I said half life 3 and hoenn remakes confirmed.

Saregers wants N'zoth's power so Legion expansion would make sense after N'Zoth gets pwned.
    Last edited by iadamson; 2013-09-26 at 05:02 AM.

I think the Fae Dragon is a store bought mount, hinting at Emerald Dream tier content during Dark Below. The Storm Crow mount, is probably a collector's edition mount for Heroes of the Storm game. This is pure speculation though, I have nothing help me figure out this puzzle.

Back to Hitei, I'm not saying mobs are precursors to things alone, but the whole package. Try to think outside the box with me, and all the aquatic stuff on the outside of the island if just grooming players and getting us use to the idea that it's cool to explore underwater. Also, our feed back does matter. Players hated Vash'jir so much they totally scrapped the Abyssal Maw raid because of it, well maybe could have been other things involved, but Firelands and Abyssal Maw were supposed to come out together as a sort of Fire and Water content tier. Firelands does feel super short changed, and I would like to see like 4 bosses in an Abyssal Maw raid, maybe more.

Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post
    Just like the Chormatic Drake in Dragon Soul & Halion in Wrath. There are always a mount or new Enemy hint to the next Expansion since Wrath.
    Storm Crow & Enchanted Fey Drake still missing. Both linked to Emerald Dream = N'Zoth = Queen Azshara in some way or another.

Blizzard stated SoO was the calm before the storm.
    Blizzard trade marks "Heroes of The Storm"
    N'zoth, Azshara, Naga... Maelstrom
    N'zoth created/ is the Nightmare... Emerald Dream.

Like I said half life 3 and hoenn remakes confirmed.

Saregers wants N'zoth's power so Legion expansion would make sense after N'Zoth gets pwned.
    Blizzard named the patch before BC "the Calm before the storm"

Don't read into things.

Also, ruby sanctum was added AFTER Cataclysm's announcement.
    Cata announcement took place before ICC came out.

Heroes of the Storm sounds a lot like "sons of the storm". What's sons of the storm you may ask? Here's a link to their page...
    It's Metzen, Samwise, and other guys from Blizzard creative team. You can blame Samwise for Pandaria btw lol. They do the art work, concepts, and lore of Blizzard games. SO, in "Sons of the Storm" the storm is Blizzard, and sons are the creative team that makes games we all know and love. What's this have to do with "Heroes of the Storm?" Well, if the storm is Blizzard right... and it's a game with "heroes" right??? Then we can safely assume this is the final name for the Blizzard MOBA they have been working on formerly known as Blizzard DOTA, or Blizzard All Stars. Which both are pretty unexciting names compared to Heroes of the Storm for a brand new DotA like game.

So, I'll say it again... This is the Blizzard DotA game they talked about a long time ago, now with an official title that probably will be officially announced at Blizzcon. This is not the new WoW expansion (thank god), I'm still sitting on the The Dark Below being the next expansion and here's why...

Besides all the obvious reasons you've heard already, here's some interesting things added in 5.4 to reaffirm this as the next expansion...

If you explore enough of the Timeless Isle you will notice there are lots and lots of Pirate themes. A south seas pirate ship, a sunken ship with ghost hozen, another sunken ship with a chest in it. Two, yes two under water caves with mobs and treasure. A ghost ship boss, a whale shark, and a Kraken boss. What does this all have to do with The Dark Below? Well, as you may have noticed earlier, Blizzard said in interviews that the Timeless Isle is a sort of "experiment." I'm speculating it's an experiment in end game, AND more notably an experiment to how players react and respond to all these underwater and oceanic themed bosses and areas! You see, in video games, developers groom us to get ready for the next challenge. A sort of video game foreshadowing if you will. Classic had signs of this, The Burning Crusade had this, Wrath of the Lich King had this, and Cataclysm had this. I'm almost certain that The Dark Below is real, and it is coming = D.
    That's pretty fascinating. What were some of the hints that Classic, Burning Crusade, WotLK and Cata had out of curiosity?

I definitely like the idea behind the Timeless Isle as its less mundane than repetitive quests but still rewarding in myriad ways and the ambiance and visuals aren't half bad either. How will this become applicable to next expansion's endgame however? Less structured raids and more free-roaming environments?

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -
    i think i can rest my case just by bolding out two words in your quote.

tons more you say

Quote Originally Posted by nekai View Post
    Eh, true or false, I'm really interested in seeing what people will come up with for this one. Comon' people, be creative!
    I got this: So what happens is the Burning Legion finally comes to Azeroth and all the Old Gods rejoice. They conjure up a giant storm together made of all the Corgis located in the Dark Below and the tears of Blizzard fanboys as their worst nightmares are unleashed. New level cap: 60. Why stop at just an item squish when you can have a level squish too? New class: Death Monk. Bolvar got bored and decided to see what would happen if he raised the body of a monk as a death knight. They start at level 80 to make them feel more epic than every other class and fight completely naked because gear upgrades are just annoying. New race: Demons. Some demons decided the corgi plan was too silly and joined forces with the Horde and Alliance in order to combat this new storm.

The new zones are all located in the mysterious storm in the sky. Also Outlands is revamped for absolutely no reason other than to waste time.

New raid difficulty! LFR Flex. Even easier than LFR, this new mode is for people who can only find 5-10 people to raid with. But instead of showing you the cool new raids, it picks random raids throughout the years and fills them with Corgis and epics for your looting pleasure.

Back to Hitei, I'm not saying mobs are precursors to things alone, but the whole package. Try to think outside the box with me, and all the aquatic stuff on the outside of the island if just grooming players and getting us use to the idea that it's cool to explore underwater. Also, our feed back does matter. Players hated Vash'jir so much they totally scrapped the Abyssal Maw raid because of it, well maybe could have been other things involved, but Firelands and Abyssal Maw were supposed to come out together as a sort of Fire and Water content tier. Firelands does feel super short changed, and I would like to see like 4 bosses in an Abyssal Maw raid, maybe more.
    When you look at the whole package it makes even less sense as a testing environment.

You don't make a pizza with all the toppings to figure out if someone would enjoy baked mushrooms.

If they were attempting to use Timeless Isle to see how players feel about underwater content, or try to ease players into underwater content, they would have made a significant portion of the content underwater. They would have some of the large loot chests and jumping puzzles and more rares underwater. They would have put the Zarhym event in an underwater cave. They would have expanded the underwater section of Timeless isle so that it wasn't just 10 feet from the shore into fatigue zone.

It makes absolutely no sense to look at Timeless isle in any way as a suggestion of Dark Below's existence.
    There's more content in the air/high places, it's just as likely they're testing for an entire expansion devoted to Skywall.

Unless its going to be a series of islands.

It's possible Azshara could bring her underwater kingdom to the surface.

Naga's have had a whole bunch of theories about flooding the world and stealing large water sources.

Displace large volumes of water via plate tectonics, bring your kingdom above, flood some areas/ portion of the world.

No underwater zones/ minimal underwater zones.

Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    That's pretty fascinating. What were some of the hints that Classic, Burning Crusade, WotLK and Cata had out of curiosity?

I definitely like the idea behind the Timeless Isle as its less mundane than repetitive quests but still rewarding in myriad ways and the ambiance and visuals aren't half bad either. How will this become applicable to next expansion's endgame however? Less structured raids and more free-roaming environments?
    In Classic, warlocks quests spoke of other worlds and the Burning Legion, demons were very present during classic, Felwood is a great example. The green portals added in a later classic wow patch gave hints of The Emerald Dream, which made it to Alpha testing, but devs found it too bland and static and all the environments looked the same so they went with The Burning Crusade instead. Classic WoW also had a world event leading up to TBC, but it was already announced.

The Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King were finishing up old plot threads created in Warcraft III. Reign of Chaos being the first part and The Frozen throne being the next, so it was common sense that Wrath of the Lich King would follow behind The Burning Crusade expansion. Later on in Wrath we got the Halion raid which was a tease towards The Cataclysm expansion with the Twilight cult and Deathwing the black dragon aspect. In Cata we had teases for underwater expansion and the Emerald Nightmare when the game mentions N'zoth, but instead we took us a little side track to Pandaria to discover ourselves. If you do more research and look into the lore, there are tons of little things lying around.

Quote Originally Posted by iadamson View Post
    Unless its going to be a series of islands.

It's possible Azshara could bring her underwater kingdom to the surface.

Naga's have had a whole bunch of theories about flooding the world and stealing large water sources.

Displace large volumes of water via plate tectonics, bring your kingdom above, flood some areas/ portion of the world.

No underwater zones/ minimal underwater zones.
    If it's a series of islands then there's no reason to bother testing it. There are plenty of islands in wow, and land content is land content if you're on the Timeless isle or in Mulgore.

In Classic, warlocks quests spoke of other worlds and the Burning Legion, demons were very present during classic, Felwood is a great example. The green portals added in a later classic wow patch gave hints of The Emerald Dream, which made it to Alpha testing, but devs found it too bland and static and all the environments looked the same so they went with The Burning Crusade instead. Classic WoW also had a world event leading up to TBC, but it was already announced.

The Burning Crusade and Wrath of the Lich King were finishing up old plot threads created in Warcraft III. Reign of Chaos being the first part and The Frozen throne being the next, so it was common sense that Wrath of the Lich King would follow behind The Burning Crusade expansion. Later on in Wrath we got the Halion raid which was a tease towards The Cataclysm expansion with the Twilight cult and Deathwing the black dragon aspect. In Cata we had teases for underwater expansion and the Emerald Nightmare when the game mentions N'zoth, but instead we took us a little side track to Pandaria to discover ourselves. If you do more research and look into the lore, there are tons of little things lying around.
    Warlock quests spoke of other worlds and the legion? That's all from WC3. The undead and Naga were more present in Vanilla than demons and the legion. As you already pointed out, the event happened right before BC came out, it wasn't a hint.

I.e. there was nothing in Vanilla that hinted that BC was likely compared to a scourge or Naga expansion.
    All expansions finish up old plot threads. There was nothing that hinted that scourge was more likely than Azshara, Deathwing, the rest of the old gods, the other elemental lords, etc.

As has already been pointed out, Ruby Sanctum was also released AFTER Cata announcement, it's not hint either.

You yourself just pointed out that hints mean nothing, because mists came out of nowhere.
    Last edited by Hitei; 2013-09-26 at 05:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanzlee View Post
    i think i can rest my case just by bolding out two words in your quote.

tons more you say
    Didn't know we were in court... I'm just not going to do research for you right now, just saying more underwater stuff in the Timeless Isle than you think.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    When you look at the whole package it makes even less sense as a testing environment.

You don't make a pizza with all the toppings to figure out if someone would enjoy baked mushrooms.

If they were attempting to use Timeless Isle to see how players feel about underwater content, or try to ease players into underwater content, they would have made a significant portion of the content underwater. They would have some of the large loot chests and jumping puzzles and more rares underwater. They would have put the Zarhym event in an underwater cave. They would have expanded the underwater section of Timeless isle so that it wasn't just 10 feet from the shore into fatigue zone.

It makes absolutely no sense to look at Timeless isle in any way as a suggestion of Dark Below's existence.
    There's more content in the air/high places, it's just as likely they're testing for an entire expansion devoted to Skywall.
    You can't compare video game design to a pizza lol. There is only one float and get treasure chests game on Timeless island, so don't act like it's comparable. Another thing I forgot to mention is the scenario Battle on the High Sea's and portions of questing which take place underwater like the ones from The Anglers, so many little things here and there getting players more used to underwater combat, ship vs ship combat, and water exploration. Just because the whole island isn't a water themed attraction doesn't mean it isn't doing what it's supposed to be doing, getting players used to the idea of swimming around and seeing whats up.

So, I'll say it again... This is the Blizzard DotA game they talked about a long time ago, now with an official title that probably will be officially announced at Blizzcon. This is not the new WoW expansion (thank god), I'm still sitting on the The Dark Below being the next expansion and here's why...

A sign? Man...
    http://i.imgur.com/wePbF3v.jpg (vanilla screenshot)

Quote Originally Posted by Gaige View Post
    A sign? Man...
    http://i.imgur.com/wePbF3v.jpg (vanilla screenshot)
    That's pretty awesome lol, was that from classic?

That's pretty awesome lol, was that from classic?
    Yup. http://www.wowhead.com/quest=350/look-to-an-old-friend

"Added in patch 1.11.1"

Blizzard is awesome like that :3

Didn't know we were in court... I'm just not going to do research for you right now, just saying more underwater stuff in the Timeless Isle than you think.

- - - Updated - - -

You can't compare video game design to a pizza lol. There is only one float and get treasure chests game on Timeless island, so don't act like it's comparable. Another thing I forgot to mention is the scenario Battle on the High Sea's and portions of questing which take place underwater like the ones from The Anglers, so many little things here and there getting players more used to underwater combat, ship vs ship combat, and water exploration. Just because the whole island isn't a water themed attraction doesn't mean it isn't doing what it's supposed to be doing, getting players used to the idea of swimming around and seeing whats up.
    One flying chest event, the entire albatross idea, the two chests only accessible by albatross, the sanctuary high on mountain top on the other side of a broken bridge, purchasable gliders, and a chest on the side of a canyon that is reached by walking across suspended ropes.

That's a hell of a lot more content than two rares and couple empty caves.

There are water quests in every expansion.
    There are more scenarios in caves than at sea, does that mean the next expansion is underwater?

It's really easy to pick and choose tiny pieces from a game as big as Wow and say "Oh, look at all these, clearly THIS is going to be the next expansion." There is less evidence in Mists for an Azshara expansion than there is for a Legion, Titan or Old God focused expansion.

People need to realize that you can't point at something small and call it a hint when there are 20 other small things that point to different outcomes.

My point isn't that the Timeless Isle needs to be water themed, my point is that it is 90% completely unrelated to water. You don't use an island where the only time you touch the water is to swim a few feet out and hit a ship, or whale to test if people enjoy playing in a watery environment. There are hundreds of quests in the game that involve swimming to a place, or killing something in, around, or near water. It's completely illogical to think that the Timeless isle is somehow more significant or indicative of future plans because it also has minor water related content.

Hopefully not any expansion pack name, this has to be the ugliest and worse sounding name i've ever heard. I was sceptical towards "The Dark Below" but this is just ten times worse..

The first thing I think of when I hear "Heroes of the Storm" is the Stormrage novel because of the speculation I have read about the Fey Drake and Storm Crow mounts maybe pointing to an Emerald Dream Expansion. So it could be very possibly the next expansion somehow relating to Azshara, The Emerald Dream and N'Zoth.

Just some crazy speculation on my part. =P
    Karma always has the last laugh.