Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    We will not be getting any

Deleted
    No new races, new hero class: Demon Hunter
    Assuming the Legion is returning - or rather, hoping ^^.

Deleted
    i`m beeting on a new class no new races. Personaly i would like murlokcs and those Hogger like dogs for new races , serious no joke !!

Probably none.

They should focus on updated models instead. Plenty of cool races in the game already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    I'm guessing none. Not needed.
    Yeah, the vast majority of players play either Humans, Night Elves, or Blood Elves.

Improving old race models would be far more beneficial to the game.

Blizzard wasn't a fan of having a neutral race in the first place, so I doubt we'll see it again any time soon. Personally, I'm hoping for the return of Rexxar at the head of an Ogre army.

10+ Year Old Account
    No new races and no new classes. Each faction currently feels done to me with every niche covered.

What do we want instead? Well the new race models for a start. Although never the highest priority for Blizzard the sheer age of some of the models is forcing their hands. Although only 25% complete as of the interview where they were discussed, it wouldn't surprise me if some are ready for deployment (Garrosh's model HAS to use the new Orc model, it is simply too detailed). After all, if the overall project is 25% complete but the Orcs are at 100% and the Draenei are at 10%, well.

Besides the implication I got was that they've been working at them intermittently, mostly to ensure each baby step is correct and doesn't move away from what the players liked about the original models, and that soon it will be full speed ahead. If nothing else drives them, the difference between the haves (players whose races get upgraded in the first wave of 6.0, which I am guessing will be Orcs, Humans, Trolls and Dwarves) and the have nots (everyone else) will certainly motivate them.

I can picture it now 6.0: Orcs, Trolls, Dwarf and Human models upgraded. Everyone else engages in a flamefest.

Patch 6.2, Autumn 2014: Gnome, Night Elf, Undead and Tauren models upgraded. Blood Elf and Draenei players stir up a storm.

Zahrym posts "We appreciate and understand that you are all eager to see what the Blood Elf and Draenei upgrades will look like. However at the very beginning of this process we stated that these upgrades would take time, and as the process has evolved we have had to prioritise which races have gotten the most attention. Relatively speaking, the Blood Elf and Draenei models have been in better shape than their counterparts from vanilla and so the decision was made to leave them till the end of the process.'

Patch 6.3 Winter 2015 Blood Elf and Draenei model upgrade. Worgen females go off and cry.

New races would be shiny for short period. What people really want is stuff relating to their existing toons. The model upgrade is there more exciting.

No new classes either. Some new options for our existing classes would be far better received.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    In addendum to my "Dwarves for Horde/HElfs for Alliance" prediction, I want to point out that Dwarves are one of the races Blizz has explicitly mentioned as being far along the way of redesign. It makes sense that if they're the first redesign released (along with the xpac) that they end up playable for both factions.
    And the lore explaining dwarves joining horde would be?

I have no idea, and hesitate to speculate as to what Blizzard will do for the next expansion. I'd guess sub-species or mixed species? iron-dwarf, more skins/options for every race, half-elf, half-ogre.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Alliance: Ethereals
    Horde: Ogres

NO Vrykul. Vrykul are to humans as Iron Dwarves are to Dwarves.
    NO High Elves. They are the exact same race as Blood Elves. Just a different society. It would be like saying "NEW HORDE RACE: KUL TIRAS HUMANS"

EDIT: Any new race must follow the vulcan dictates of poetics. Their involvement in the horde/alliance conflict must inexorably flow from the lore.
    Why would Ethereals join the alliance? It makes no sense...

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd prefer character updates, maybe roll them out one at a time like the DD Guides suggested. I don't imagine there'd be another class just yet, seeing as MoP just released one.

If The Dark Below is the next expansion and Azshara and N'zoth the main focus, then god knows what the race will be. I dont want Naga-how would armor be shown on tails and multiple limbs? And when they use mounts, do they lie on top of them like slugs? It just seems lame to me. And besides, how the hell would there be a playable race of chaotic evil beings aligned with the Old Gods? It makes no sense lore-wise.
    Oh, and to paraphrase from a post somewhere else, there are 13 races, and some have been shafted and thrown to the side with their development, so why add a new race to further muddle everything up?
    Last edited by The Flavour Cat; 2013-09-26 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slakkers View Post
    And the lore explaining dwarves joining horde would be?
    Dark Iron unhappy with Moira. C'mon, that's an easy one.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dark Iron unhappy with Moira. C'mon, that's an easy one.
    Oh, so to give you access to the most popular Horde race without having to play along side Orcs or Trolls (I mean, really!) you've decided to give us Dwarves.

How generous.

I say the character model update will substitute for a new race in next expansion.

And without a new race to play, a new class will be very important for driving sales.

Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    Oh, so to give you access to the most popular Horde race without having to play along side Orcs or Trolls (I mean, really!) you've decided to give us Dwarves.

How generous.
    Yes, you're welcome.

EDIT: Don't be confused here. I'm giving HElfs to the Alliance to balance Dwarves to the Horde, not the reverse.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

I really hope there isn't a new class or race. Already feels somewhat bloated with races and classes. Hope they just conentrate on adding more content to do with what we already have instead of adding new classes or races.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, you're welcome.

EDIT: Don't be confused here. I'm giving HElfs to the Alliance to balance Dwarves to the Horde, not the reverse.

The long-standing Dwarves belong in the Horde campaigners will be delighted. All those Orcs in kilts were getting distracting.

On a serious note, I don't think there is any huge demand in the Horde for any Alliance race. But the suggestion of what Alliance race to offload on us so they can get High Elves is common.

None wanted!

I think we need a break from new races/classes. Let one expansion go by without wasting time on developing a new starting zone/class/race and focus on new content at expansion level.

Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    None wanted!
    Ridiculous. Best race (by far) in the game deserves to be available to both factions. But since you are blinded from some condition I am unable to fathom, I see no reason to continue to discuss this with you.

If it is The Dark Below (or any Azshara expansion), my guess is Murlocs. They've said at a past Blizzcon (before the announcement of Pandaria) that the reason they wouldn't add them is because they're 'too cool to give to just one side or the other'. Neutral races handles that problem pretty well. Also, they have legs, unlike Naga, so no design nightmares. Sure, we've been killing them from the git-go, (see Elwynn Forest), but that's not much different from us killing Blackrock Orcs as an Orc or Defias Bandits as a human. The Winterfin were accepting, after a little while, and even were intelligent enough to blackmail.

Another thing to note is that any newly introduced Murloc tribe would also have the ultimate reason to fight Azshara. She captured (maybe even killed) their GOD, Neptulon. They probably want her head on a pike, maybe even more than the Night Elves.

Edit: I see some posts about Horde Dwarf/Alliance High Elf races. I doubt it, very much. Alliance even has a skin that looks alot like a Dark Iron dwarf already, so there would even be some confusion. If they were to do a rehashed race alongside High Elves, it would probably be a splinter faction of Eredar seeking redemption. They'd go to the Draenei who would obviously be quite hostile to them, no matter their intentions, and then Akama could lead them to the Horde. High Elves for the Alliance, Eredar for the Horde.
    Last edited by jishdefish; 2013-09-26 at 01:28 PM.
    Stabby stab stab.
    Avatar courtesy of Kelly Aarons of woweh.com

I would be an extremely happy panda if they just added the new models. The game would feel amazing. Seeing all these new models.

Otherwise, I doubt they will add any new races this expansion. Maybe if they added Ogres to the Horde, but no idea what they could add to Alliance. Maybe the Mantid join the Alliance but they are too monster-y for that.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Mercury View Post
    Judging by blues they won't do another neutral race. They didn't think it turned out as well as it should have.

Or the new models and no new race or class. It isn't required.
    Only Ghostcrawler said he didn't like it. The other devs actually said they were able to pump a lot more devotion and work into a single, neutral race rather than two separate ones. It saved them time and allowed them to polish it even more than usual.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ulgrim View Post
    Blizzard wasn't a fan of having a neutral race in the first place, so I doubt we'll see it again any time soon. Personally, I'm hoping for the return of Rexxar at the head of an Ogre army.
    Again, only Ghostcrawler was against this. The devs said that working on a single race was much easier and had a better end-product than two separate races.