So, Engineer and Medic....anyone else excited?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nuveem View Post
    Whats up with the Beta? CBT3 ended over 1 month ago and no new beta? Or can I just not see it in the Betaforums?
    They took a break, and I quote "till later in the year" and "in a few months".

....as it happens, Gaffney has recently suggested that the Beta will return Mid-October.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    Wow... You have now turned on your own argument. Thank you for agreeing with me that rift, wow, eve, and wildstar are all subscription only games.
    ive not turned on my arguement my wording was incorrect.. its still a hybrid of your typical subscription model and if people want to call it subscription only which imo is misleading (most people take that as payment only) then thats fine too.

- - - Updated - - -

not sure about the name Shiphands but they do sound great.

New dev speak
    Last edited by nooty; 2013-09-26 at 01:34 PM.

I know that, for a lot of 3rd gen players, the default combat is going to feel meh but I promise if you use WACC (or if they finish the built in UI option that does what WACC does before launch) it will be more enjoyable. There's a lot that could use some reworking but I think that the combat is pretty fun on the player side even if the mob combat is antifun.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    I"m not going to say it's NOT subscription only, but you do get the first month free when you buy the box, so assuming you can make enough money to buy CREDD, you only have to buy the box before you can start buying sub time with gold.

It's still a subscription game, and the sub isn't free - someone pays for the CREDD and you pay in gold. It doesn't matter if you're not paying real life money, you're paying gold. It's still a cost. (And someone else still had to buy the CREDD with real life money anyway. The only time sub time is ever free in this game is the first month after you purchase the box.)

I, personally, don't think it will be a realistic goal to play for "free" (buying time with gold.) If the economy is set by players, you'd better believe people are going to charge a ludicrous amount of gold for what is their 20 dollar purchase. If the game has ABSOLUTELY ZERO GOLD SINKS, then yeah, maybe yo'd be able to buy a month of time with gold for every 2 or 3 months you play, assuming you aren't farming hard for gold.

I will not be attempting to farm gold for gametime, myself. I'd rather spend my time playing the game than spending my entire month farming just so I can buy another month in gold to farm more gold for when my time's up again.
    Shh... This is what i have been doing for Wow since past 3-4 Years and i buy it from Legit sellers .. i just do AH before raids and have enough gold to buy everything in game mounts and still have spare gold left for more sub's .

10+ Year Old Account
    I know that, for a lot of 3rd gen players, the default combat is going to feel meh but I promise if you use WACC (or if they finish the built in UI option that does what WACC does before launch) it will be more enjoyable. There's a lot that could use some reworking but I think that the combat is pretty fun on the player side even if the mob combat is antifun.
    Weighted Average Cost of Capital? I've seen you talk about WACC in almost every single WS post you have made, but no link to it.

Classic Herod: Sinnermighty - Blood Legion (Unretired)

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnermighty View Post
    Weighted Average Cost of Capital? I've seen you talk about WACC in almost every single WS post you have made, but no link to it.
    Then you haven't read all my W* posts :P

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxMC...SHM/edit?pli=1

(And you haven't read the majority of my posts which are probably about payment models lol)

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Then you haven't read all my W* posts :P

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxMC...SHM/edit?pli=1

(And you haven't read the majority of my posts which are probably about payment models lol)
    I thought every post you made was about Firefall? Funny out of only 2 random samples your ratio of post accuracy is already trending towards being all over the place. I think they should just bake that into the game, otherwise the combat is not going to come off different enough.

The main problem is going to be how the mobs react and do damage. I think they are between a rock and a hard place really. White damage from mobs and action combat just don't fit together in any capacity, but it's also hard to enforce a standard trinity with need for healers and tanks without avoidable damage.

Tera does it 'ok', but you basically have to force damage on a group that is unavoidable to justify having healers at all. Otherwise you run the risk of marginalizing that role. Pretty much this is an example of exactly what I keep assessing them as...doing halfway development. They want to do something different, go halfway, then get scared or turn back. You can see it all over the game. Quests, paths, combat, payment model, etc.

I think I finally realized why I'm less excited about this game. It could have been amazing as straight traditional or full action combat, but is rather unimpressive as half of each. It just doesn't work properly. At this point I'd rather them just develop it like full on traditional, remove the autotarget/autoface completely, and add the ability to control your character like action combat.

This way it will be more in line like GW2 with the action combat mod. I think that would fit it much better than whatever it is trying to do right now.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    I thought every post you made was about Firefall? Funny out of only 2 random samples your ratio of post accuracy is already trending towards being all over the place.
    Well,

I like the idea of ship hands. They remind me of the first instance of both factions in swtor.
    And the combat with WACC is a bit of an improvement over GW2 using CM1.1 because it's ranged abilities work like spells in NWO (IE: sudden storm).
    I am curious as to what the world events will be like, large and semi frequent like Rift? Constant and everywhere like firefall? I look forward to finding out. I suspect it will be somewhere between the two like defiance or GW2.

(Did I mention enough other MMOs? :P )

10+ Year Old Account
    Holding down buttons during gameplay to attack instead of just using them?

..... interesting.

Pretty happy about the fact that spells and shit will be (mostly) castable while moving, though. That opens up caster classes for me again.
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty happy about the fact that spells and shit will be (mostly) castable while moving, though. That opens up caster classes for me again.
    Ok I can't see that video, but I'm assuming this is about it, which means I can assume (tell you)that the Spellslinger is pretty awesome moving and casting.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    Ok I can't see that video, but I'm assuming this is about it, which means I can assume (tell you)that the Spellslinger is pretty awesome moving and casting.
    Ugh I hope so. They don't have a pet class, and I play archers mostly, so at least I can have one half of my favorite class. But the fact that they use magic is annyoying from a personal choice point of view (I dislike magic classes, tend to stick with physical stuff.)
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD

Herald of the Titans Darksoldierr's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    What, 3 leveling dungeon? Either they have shitload amount of content outside in the world or leveling is really fast. Runnign all the same instances from early levels gets boring really, really fast.
    Time is on our side
    Brutal Gladiator Enhancement Shaman *rawr*

Deleted
    Ugh I hope so. They don't have a pet class, and I play archers mostly, so at least I can have one half of my favorite class. But the fact that they use magic is annyoying from a personal choice point of view (I dislike magic classes, tend to stick with physical stuff.)
    The Engineer would be more your ideal class then.

Holding down buttons during gameplay to attack instead of just using them?

..... interesting.

Charge skills is nothing new to the genre and holding down a button for channeling attacks is more tedious then interactive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Charge skills is nothing new to the genre and holding down a button for channeling attacks is more tedious then interactive.
    Every time you post, it's negative. :P

That said, I'm not sure how I feel about holding buttons down to attack. It almost feels like it would interfere with movement, becauuuuse well of course it would.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Yeah, especially considering you also have to move in this game while casting, meaning you have to hold down another button for sprinting/dodging. I don't know if you can move via mouse (I'd assume you can), but I've always found mouse-movement to feel kinda odd unless I'm using it for camera adjustments (mostly because my mouse hand is very twitchy, so I tend to veer off in random directions, completely out of my own control.).

3DS FC: 0877-1538-7893
    PM if you add me!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yowser View Post
    The Engineer would be more your ideal class then.
    I was considering that, actually, but I obviously haven't seen much of them since they've been "???" until recently. I saw their abilities leaked in some pastebin document on reddit, and it seems like they'd be a lot of fun, but I'll just have ot try 'em myself to see which I like the most.

The bonus to engineer is (I think) they can tank, and I like tanks and dps, so having my main be able to be both would be nice.

Every time you post, it's negative. :P
    I'm a realist, I don't fall for sugar coating.

Yeah, especially considering you also have to move in this game while casting, meaning you have to hold down another button for sprinting/dodging. I don't know if you can move via mouse (I'd assume you can), but I've always found mouse-movement to feel kinda odd unless I'm using it for camera adjustments (mostly because my mouse hand is very twitchy, so I tend to veer off in random directions, completely out of my own control.).
    You can move with your mouse but it's awkward since all your attacks are telegraphed, but there is no point in moving in the game unless your moving out of aoe. Mobs stick to you like glue like other tab target MMO's so there is little point in moving away.

The game would move much better if it was reticule but they "tried it" and didn't like it but when a player makes a mod for it in beta they respond to it by "we don't know how we feel about it". They are just being hypocrites imo.