Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    I agree, I never got what the appeal was in having a re-skinned version of a Horde race. That said, they are the easiest race for the Alliance to get lorewise, and I suppose before BC they had Night Elf models. It's not unreasonable that they may get a second re-model which would make things seem a bit less lazy and rehashed. They could start off in Northeron.
    If Blizz could make the High Elves totally visually unique from the Blood Elves, I'd be fully on board.

But under the lore in its current state, it is impossible to do so.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    Yeah, but they aren't very happy with the Forsaken either. That was really the Forsaken taking advantage of the Tuaren's good nature in trying to find a "cure".
    I could see a group of Wildhammers maybe that "go native" and start learning the ways of the Earthmother to atone for dwarven archeaology. Kind of like an Azerothian equivalent of "Dances with Wolves".
    The other thing to remember is that they're ok with the Goblin presence in the Horde despite Venture Co (although Venture Co uses a lot more races these days).

There's also nothing in lore that says that all the Dwarves awoke two thousand years ago. There could always be another clan hidden somewhere in Kalimdor that's overslept.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Well, when you think about it, the BElf is a re-skinned version of an Alliance race.

And most Alliance players don't want a re-skin. They want the same model, just with blue eyes.
    I hope you're being satirical with that.

Because eye color IS a reskin.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I hope you're being satirical with that.

Because eye color IS a reskin.
    Eh, I don't think so (unless you consider a Pandaren Female with Green eyes a reskin of a Pandaren Female with Brown eyes); to me a reskin is a different appearance over the same skeleton. Of course, that definition invalidates the earlier line about BElfs being a reskin of NElfs, so yes, the entire thing was satirical in some way.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    If Blizz could make the High Elves totally visually unique from the Blood Elves, I'd be fully on board.

My hope? High Elves returning from adventures through the Twisting Nether and other worlds. The intense arcane energies from their travels have warped them, altering their bodies slightly and causing them to develop brightly glowing lines along their bodies where major arteries and veins are close to the surface. They have a more pronounced eye glow, perhaps slightly bulkier frames, and have become so infused with the Arcane that they no longer need any outside sources to quench their thirst.

Alliance: Titan

Horde: Naaru

If for both: Corgi

Only logical races in my mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    You're full of shit honey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You should have no expectations for the next expansion IMO...

Deleted

Not necessarily. Like I said, prior to BC high elves shared the same model with the Night Elves. Garrosh has a distinctive appearance from other Orcs, Varian from other humans. Sylvanas also looked like a Night Elf before Wrath. So theoretically they could give High Elves a similar, but slightly different model purely as a little cosmetic bonus.

Not necessarily. Like I said, prior to BC high elves shared the same model with the Night Elves. Garrosh has a distinctive appearance from other Orcs, Varian from other humans. Sylvanas also looked like a Night Elf before Wrath. So theoretically they could give High Elves a similar, but slightly different model purely as a little cosmetic bonus.
    I swear they do already. Yesterday I was fighting a High Elf in the Monk Sanctuary and I was blown away by the combat moves that I had never seen before. It's possible I haven't seen every combat animation from Blood Elves, but I was quite surprised.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    I swear they do already. Yesterday I was fighting a High Elf in the Monk Sanctuary and I was blown away by the combat moves that I had never seen before. It's possible I haven't seen every combat animation from Blood Elves, but I was quite surprised.
    Monks have unique combat animations I believe.

If they were going to add High Elves to the game, which has become more likely now that Dalaran is owned by the Alliance, I'm sure they would have unique animations, hairstyles, etc.

Blood Elves do things differently than High Elves because they're rebellious against the old ways. They wear different clothes, hair styles, different mannerism, just to distinguish themselves from High Elves. It would make no sense for them to share the exact same model or animations really.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    If they were going to add High Elves to the game, which has become more likely now that Dalaran is owned by the Alliance, I'm sure they would have unique animations, hairstyles, etc.

Blood Elves do things differently than High Elves because they're rebellious against the old ways. They wear different clothes, hair styles, different mannerism, just to distinguish themselves from High Elves. It would make no sense for them to share the exact same model or animations really.
    I'd imagine them perhaps being more slender than the buff blood elves, with longer and more solemn faces. If we had that, with unique models, animations ect. and a new starting zone then that would be great. Just reskinned belfs that start in Elwyn though? No thank you, at least not as a major feature. I could get behind that as sort of a subrace type deal, where we get Mag'har, Wild-hammer, Broken, Taunka etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    yes and no. Blizz could really do whatever they want and explain it away as how it's always been. Draenei in their current form look nothing like the lost ones they were supposed to *all* be. Blood Elves, High Elves and Night Elves all started off using the same skeleton and were gradually split. They could give High Elves a unique model, perhaps a bit more muscular with different faces and animations, and retrofit all high elf NPCs accordingly, as they did in BC.
    One thing that bothered me about Blood Elves was Draenei use the exact same faces and that is rather lazy imo; they should have completely different faces. Either way all that effort for High Elves would require making some very significant changes to the lore, ones which may be hard to swallow for fans of the story but easily drowned out by cheers of "YAY PLAYABLE HIGH ELVES".
    What significant changes to the lore would be required? Appearance wise their different model could be explained in the same way that say Varian is - which is to say that the game models are not a true representation of things as there is not 1 body type and 6 faces per race. The story requires no changes either, the High Elves are already in the Alliance, and are fully committed to it now Dalaran is no longer neutral.

I'd imagine them perhaps being more slender than the buff blood elves, with longer and more solemn faces. If we had that, with unique models, animations ect. and a new starting zone then that would be great. Just reskinned belfs that start in Elwyn though? No thank you, at least not as a major feature. I could get behind that as sort of a subrace type deal, where we get Mag'har, Wild-hammer, Broken, Taunka etc.
    There's two lines of thought in regard to adding High Elves imo. Either option A, High Elves can become a completely new race with their own models and everything. Or option B, they could make Blood Elves go neutral in 6.0. Which would require an Alliance race to go neutral also.

My bets are on no new races. We'll get updated models instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    There won't be a new race in the next expac.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Callous1970 View Post
    There won't be a new race in the next expac.
    Then we're looking at a new class next xpac.

I'd prefer that to a new race anyway. New models + New class= instant purchase.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    As some others have said I would rather the Draenei, Worgen, and Tauren get some lore love rather than trying to introduce new races.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Well, when you think about it, the BElf is a re-skinned version of an Alliance race.

And most Alliance players don't want a re-skin. They want the same model, just with blue eyes.

They could just give High elves different animations and a different stance from that of Blood elves. And instead of the more sarcastic attitude and emotes of the Blood elves, the High elves could be more gracious and respectful (the female Blood elf salute just makes me want to punch them in the face lol)! And a new customization option for High elves could be eye color change (except for green or red I would think). They could also remove the Warlock class and give them the Druid class.

Ogres already belong to the Horde, they just need better models and a female model. To balance out the Alliance getting another Druid, we could let them be Druids too. Here's my class idea on this:

Alliance - High elves (Druid, Hunter, Mage, Monk, Paladin, Priest, Rogue, Warrior, Death Knight).

Horde - Ogre (Druid, Hunter, Mage, Monk, Priest, Shaman, Warlock, Warrior, Death Knight).
    Last edited by cmats4020; 2013-09-27 at 03:49 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll never be satisfied until I get high elves for Alliance. I could care less what race horde get.

All the time and effort they would have to put on 1 or 2 new race should be on new models of current ones.. I think we could have one expension with no new race and even no new class. (I'd like a demonhunter class if it's a legion xpac and Illidan train us but otherwise I'm fine with just some hot new models!)

I hope they'll change some animations too while redoing old vanilla models. Most of man chars have bad casting animation (a friend of mine have a good theory that females have better animation to be played ^^)