Page 1 of 2
LastLast

SoO Progression, Spoils Video, RBG Queuing, Blue Posts, Hearthstone Wipe, GW2 Trial

New Datamined Patch - Class Changes, Passive Effects, Character slots, Stat caps, Quests, and MUCH more

Patch Blue Posts - Server Upgrades, Balancing After the Patch, Asian Beta Testing

Siege of Orgrimmar Heroic Progression
    Method is leading progress with 13/14 bosses down now, followed by seven other guilds at 12/14. Over in the 10 player column, Paragon has managed to kill Paragons, so they are currently leading with 13/14 bosses down.

Heroic Spoils of Pandaria Video
    While we are waiting on a Paragons of the Klaxxi video, let's take a look at the Spoils of Pandaria encounter.

Change to Rated Battleground Queuing
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We’re in the process of applying a hotfix that will restrict a player’s ability to queue for a Rated Battleground if they’ve left one prematurely, until the previous Battleground is completed. Once the hotfix is active, should you find yourself unable to queue for a Rated Battleground immediately after leaving one in progress, you’ll simply need to wait until it has finished and will then be able to queue once again.

Blue Posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Raid Finder Difficulty
    We're not really seeing a big dramatic shift in completion/failure rates for the first weeks of LFR runs with Flex now in the picture vs. previous tiers, so I think the guesses that Flex is stealing all the good players are probably a bit premature. Probably. But as I said here, we're excited so many people seem to be enjoying Flex, it's going to be preferable to a lot of people over LFR, and of course that's going to have some kind of impact, but it's just too early to know to what extent.

You clearly have not reviewed the data from wing 2. It's about on par with how ridiculous HOF part 2 was, which you had to nerf.
    No, we have. Adjustments are quite possible, we already have some LFR Nazgrim tweaks in the works, but we're seeing very reasonable wipe/completion rates on second wing SoO bosses. We're keeping a close eye on things.

5hr lfr and 20 wipes for the entire LFR is reasonable?
    Obviously you'll get in groups that have some trouble, and sometimes you'll get in a group that one-shots everything. Individual group to group success rates aren't going to be consistent while people are still learning the fights. But when I refer to overall wipe/success rates I'm referring to overall averages for all LFR groups for all realms of multiple regions. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

Raid Finder Difficulty
    It's too early to say how the interaction will fully play out between Flex and LFR, but I think it's reasonable to expect that a lot of people will prefer Flex because of its similarities with LFR (as a quick and low pressure way to raid), but without the things they don't like about LFR (Flex requiring a curated and managed group experience) for better rewards, achievements, and mounts, and with friends and guildies if possible. If that's the case, the core LFR audience changes, their reason for doing LFR changes, and it's potentially a world where LFR adapts to fit a more niche role, which could mean changes for challenge and reward to better fit the audience's intended use of it. All speculation of course, but we're certainly watching. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)

World of Warcraft: Trivial Pursuit – Now Available!
    The time has come to put your World of Warcraft knowledge to the ultimate test. You and your friends will be able to tackle 600 questions across 6 categories including: Geography, Player Characters, Lore, Loot, Villains, and Encounters. You’ll also be able to use special hand-crafted Murloc dice and cute sculpted baby Murloc movers in 6 whimsical colors to play in true Warcraft style.

Buy it now on the Blizzard Store, Amazon.com, and at other fine retailers.

SteelSeries Mists of Pandaria Celebration
    Just in time to celebrate the Anniversary of World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria, SteelSeries is offering 50% off of all World of Warcraft gear. From keyboards to mousepads with exclusive game art, you’ll be able to take your gaming to the next level. You'll need to act quickly though, the sale ends September 26th 11:59pm GMT.

Facebook fans will also be able to score some of these great items on the SteelSeries page beginning September 25 through October 9. Make sure to visit their page for more information.

Hearthstone Update - Account Wipe Incoming
    Hello Hearthstone players (and members of our gracious community still trying to get into the beta)!

Thank you for stopping by to read this important closed beta test update. At the start of the beta, we mentioned that we would reset information at some point, wiping all progress and cards in the process. We built this into our plan as we knew going into the beta that a number of cards were likely to emerge as overpowered and we also knew that we‘d make significant adjustments to the reward system and overall game progression. So, as part of the effort to level the playing field and also prepare our players’ accounts for the release version of our progression system, we made the decision to schedule a one-time wipe of all beta participant accounts. We have just about reached the point in closed beta where we’ll be doing this wipe, and thus wanted to share what that will mean for you, what to expect on the day of the wipe, and what will happen immediately afterwards.

A wipe? What’s a wipe?
    If you are participating in the Hearthstone closed beta test, your progress will be reset. This includes your gold, experience and class levels gained through play, arcane dust quantities, cards unlocked through progression, and your medal ranking in Ranked Play mode. When you load up the game afterwards, it will be as if you were starting in Hearthstone as a new player. You’ll have to play the introductory missions once more and show Illidan just how prepared he is! (Spoilers: He’s not.)

When is the wipe happening?
    We’re getting ready to release a pretty major beta patch to Hearthstone, and the wipe will coincide with that patch so we can closely monitor testing with the implemented updates.

A patch! What’s in the patch!?
    We’ll announce details of the patch in a separate blog, so stay tuned!

I spent real money in Hearthstone! Is that going away!?
    No way! As we mentioned in the earlier blog, any money you spent in Hearthstone will be reimbursed as gold, so you will be able to repurchase the same number of packs and Arena tickets you bought previously without additional investment. For each card pack purchased with real money, you’ll get back 100 gold. Each Arena entry will get you back 150 gold. Please note that any packs you purchase after the wipe will be different than the ones you had previously, so it is unlikely that you will receive the same cards again.

A couple examples:
    • Tim bought the $2.99 bundle for 2 packs during the beta. After the wipe, he will receive 200 gold (100 gold per pack x 2 packs.)
    • Janet bought the $49.99 bundle for 40 packs during the beta. She also bought 3 Arena entries. Janet will receive 4450 gold (100 gold x 40 packs + 150 gold X 3 Arena runs) after the wipe has been completed.

Like all gold, the reimbursed gold credit can be spent on either packs or Arena tickets. So if you bought a pack bundle previously, and would prefer to use your gold credit towards Arena entry, that’s available as an option.

Did you know: Getting back a lot of gold and need to buy a lot of packs at the same time? You can buy mass quantities of packs with gold by double-clicking on the brown “1 Pack” button in the store!

I helped test the store and got a Golden Gelbin Mekkatorque card! Is he wiped too?
    Your good friend Gelbin will be waiting for you as soon as you complete the Illidan introductory mission. As soon as you’ve completed that mission you will receive the “Beta Hero” quest reward which will grant you Gelbin, as well as the gold credit for any purchases made prior to the wipe.

Will there be any wipes in the future?
    We don’t anticipate any further wipes. This goes for both the Hearthstone beta and after the game’s official release. Any progress made during the beta after the wipe will be retained through the release of Hearthstone, such as new cards you obtain, levels that you gain and ranks you achieve. Basically, you’ll now be able to keep your stuff.

Wait, how will this work for Korea, Taiwan, and China? Closed beta hasn’t even started there yet!
    Korea, Taiwan, and China will not be wiped. The wipe only applies to the beta participants currently playing in the North American and European beta tests.

Guild Wars 2 Trial Week
    Guild Wars 2 is having another trial week from September 27 to October 3. There is also a new update coming out on October 1, the Twilight Assault.

bought my pack today so I can have my Golden Mekkatorque.

It's funny that the queue times are long and already the forums are being filled with LFR being too much of a nightmare. Wait till the next two wings are released. I can't wait for that shitstorm. The shit hawks are on their way!

We're not really seeing a big dramatic shift in completion/failure rates for the first weeks of LFR runs with Flex now in the picture vs. previous tiers, so I think the guesses that Flex is stealing all the good players are probably a bit premature
    I don't think so - FLEX ist taking players away from LFR that for sure. The key players are doing flex - better loot - less skill drama - lesser risks - enjoy with friends and skilled randoms. So LFR is losing more and more key/good player.

The amount of formely LFR players are static IMHO - so the player base split into LFR and FLEX and the key player are doing mainly FLEX.

Not sure its such a great idea for beta players to keep their progress/etc into release for Hearthstone.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it is a bold faced lie to say that flex isn't drawing talent out of LFR queues. If your a normal raider, who ran LFR to get that piece for 4 piece tier .. or fill a hole from previous tier, your going to run flex because that has upgrades. Normal mode raiders (and above) carry a vast majority of LFR groups.

I have cleared wings of SOO on two toons so far, and have yet to get a "good" group. and "good" groups are usually pretty common the first couple weeks of a new tier LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroWashu View Post
    Not sure its such a great idea for beta players to keep their progress/etc into release for Hearthstone.
    ^this, I'm in beta but I think such things are not healthy for the game nor fair towards other players

Quote Originally Posted by Beregond82 View Post
    ^this, I'm in beta but I think such things are not healthy for the game nor fair towards other players
    It might be the magic player in me but I don't understand this mentality. If you start playing magic now is it unfair that everyone who started playing the game between 1994 and now has more cards than you? If you don't start playing the game until 3 weeks after release is it unfair that you don't have the same cards as someone at launch? That player is going to do the same thing that all other players do in a CCG, start from nothing and build there collection up. Rather than compare themselves and their lack of cards to someone who has played for months they should compare themselves to someone who has played the same amount they have. As with all things it's probably more important to concern yourself with your own things than worry about the advantages other people get. (I know it's basically a buzzword at this point but I think that's the definition of entitlement.)

Quote Originally Posted by AnTwan View Post
    It might be the magic player in me but I don't understand this mentality. If you start playing magic now is it unfair that everyone who started playing the game between 1994 and now has more cards than you? If you don't start playing the game until 3 weeks after release is it unfair that you don't have the same cards as someone at launch? That player is going to do the same thing that all other players do in a CCG, start from nothing and build there collection up. Rather than compare themselves and their lack of cards to someone who has played for months they should compare themselves to someone who has played the same amount they have. As with all things it's probably more important to concern yourself with your own things than worry about the advantages other people get. (I know it's basically a buzzword at this point but I think that's the definition of entitlement.)
    Depends on how you play. I play kitchen table magic, so mulligans, infinite combos, land killer decks etc are fairly open. If you are a FNM goon, you'd be an elitest that would demand rule judgements and throw dice. This is why there are many formats. Standard is standard, but you also have the option of legacy and modern and yadda yadda boo boo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zrankfappa View Post
    I think it is a bold faced lie to say that flex isn't drawing talent out of LFR queues. If your a normal raider, who ran LFR to get that piece for 4 piece tier .. or fill a hole from previous tier, your going to run flex because that has upgrades. Normal mode raiders (and above) carry a vast majority of LFR groups.

I have cleared wings of SOO on two toons so far, and have yet to get a "good" group. and "good" groups are usually pretty common the first couple weeks of a new tier LFR.
    Not really. I don't see this at all. Flex is basically normal raiding, but allowing for on the fly joiners and leavers. I don't know anyone that is doing it in addition to normal raiding, but more as an alternative to normal raiding. While still doing LFR cuz that's easy mode.

Deleted
    Paragon has managed to kill Paragons,
    did they just killed themself?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by krilz View Post

Am I correct in understanding that only beta players who used the store will be able to get Gelbin and people who play the live version and use the store won't? Because if so, that's seriously fubar. (Again, if there will be a lengthy open beta that is a totally different matter)
    There will likely be an open beta(so I've read elsewhere), so you'll have a shot at it as well.
    Surrounded by idiots

That blue post about Flex/LFR is hilarious. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that there were certain things done purposely to draw progression raiders in (set bonuses/trinkets) so they could carry the dregs to free purples and now that there's no reason for them to even be there the bads are left on their own essentially.

With the introduction of Flex why as a progression raider would I put up with 20 people who are either afk, stupid or both for gear whose ilevel is lower than normal upgraded ToT gear when I could get some friends together, go run flex and have an enjoyable run while getting better loot in the process? With how well Flex has been received I wouldn't be surprised if LFR is phased out in the next year or two.

"Flex isn't stealing all the good players from LFR" Yeah.. oooookay.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got real excited then for solo rated bg queing,then scrolled down and shed tears

People that complain about wiping so much in Wing 2 and spending hours don't understand that it's not that the encounters are too hard, it's that the players in general are still too ignorant or undergeared for what the encounter requires. ilvl does not take into consideration people who don't bother to gem/enchant any of their gear, have the wrong spec gear just for the ilvl, or ungemmable pvp gear. Also LFR is frequently filled with people that don't bother to learn their proper rotation and thus do 20-50k less dps than their gear/spec averages are.

So tired of bad players whining about how hard LFR is. We had a tank with no gems at all (several of us looked, no metagem either), no enchants, and a 476 MH weapon. Needless to say, we wiped at least 3 times on every boss.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Not really. I don't see this at all. Flex is basically normal raiding, but allowing for on the fly joiners and leavers. I don't know anyone that is doing it in addition to normal raiding, but more as an alternative to normal raiding. While still doing LFR cuz that's easy mode.

I've been trying to run all 3, we're 10/14 normal we do flex each week and I've been running my LFR's. Gotta say it burns me out killing the same boss 3-5 times a week (I do LFR and flex on an alt too)

But yeah, I'm probably gonna avoid LFR due to the hardcore failfest. Unless you can muscle through the mechanics, people will complain because they don't want to learn them. Bottom line is, people are forced to play with the laziest of the lazy players... Hell people I normally raid with often say they're going afk or intentionally dying during an encounter just so they can afk through the loot process. I doubt they're the minority either.

LFR sadly has to be tuned to very, very bad players, otherwise Flex will indeed take over. Not that I care, I'd rather flex than LFR anyway, just an idea/solution.

Flex and LFR should share loot lock outs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    It's funny that the queue times are long and already the forums are being filled with LFR being too much of a nightmare. Wait till the next two wings are released. I can't wait for that shitstorm. The shit hawks are on their way!
    It is ALWAYS like this. Did you not play during DS or Galaron?? The first two weeks after a new wing is open is already chaos and very hit or miss. I personally had not problems with LFR in 5.4 This is cake compared to the first month of Galaron.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AnTwan View Post
    I think the problem is that it is a closed beta. A lot of people will be at a disadvantage even if they actually want to play. But it isn´t a big deal, the real advantage with any beta is the experience you get on how to play. Even if they did a full wipe at launch, beta players would still have an advantage.. having more cards is just a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by orangelemonrain View Post
    Flex and LFR should share loot lock outs.
    To drive more (good) players from LFR to FLEX?

It is ALWAYS like this. Did you not play during DS or Galaron?? The first two weeks after a new wing is open is already chaos and very hit or miss. I personally had not problems with LFR in 5.4 This is cake compared to the first month of Galaron.
    They are still people that do not know the mechanics of the Lei Shen fight ... i totally lost hope that an average LFR player is ever willing to learn a boss/fight mechanic. They are used to be carried by good players. Now the forums will be full of QQ because LFR is to hard - because the key players are missing not because the mechanics or the fights a hard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lb View Post
    They are still people that do not know the mechanics of the Lei Shen fight ... i totally lost hope that an average LFR player is ever willing to learn a boss/fight mechanic. They are used to be carried by good players. Now the forums will be full of QQ because LFR is to hard - because the key players are missing not because the mechanics or the fights a hard.
    That's true but it's always like that with new wing of LFR. Last week the first part was a wipefest and this week it's much better.

The problem though is that majority of players are really undergeared there. A lot of people have only timeless gear (the 496 one with few 535 pieces) without any gems, enchants, tier bonuses etc. and usually half of the group is under 50k dps. I like that I can play with some of my alts now and I like catch up mechanic but I think that ilvl required for SoO LFR should be a bit higher so you should run ToT at least once or twice for some better pieces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Easy mode? There is nothing easy or fun about LFR. Normal mode raiders that I know, only run it if there is something they need ... definitely not cause its easy

LFR is in a bad place, it has been going downhill since it's inception. Unfortunately at this point, there isn't even enough people in most groups who care enough to vote kick the afk'ers. At least during DS, 70-80% of the players were trying ... now its about 20-30%. It is my belief that you need at least 10 competent people in LFR to carry the rest, and it is becoming rare to get that. just grab your 10 man group and queue up for LFR ... you will roll it.