Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathyiel View Post
    As Pete and Polar (on the other thread) have show is that this trinket is better with Ilevel (no surprise here) ad it's better part is the Crit's damage.
    Don't forget that the passive mastery double-dip with Crit's damage !!
    I did what now?

Yeah it's got nice synergy, but it sucks I can't use all 3 trinkets ;_; (WTB Slot 15 for Trinket 3)
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I did what now?

Yeah it's got nice synergy, but it sucks I can't use all 3 trinkets ;_; (WTB Slot 15 for Trinket 3)
    It's only a good thing that you want to use all 3, it would be lame if one of the trinkets sucked hard compared to the others.

My dps went up a LOT when I got mine this week!!

Quote Originally Posted by Draghonfourt View Post
    It's only a good thing that you want to use all 3, it would be lame if one of the trinkets sucked hard compared to the others.
    You seem to forget there are FOUR trinkets this tier (excluding Yu'lon's Bite, of course, which is only decent at best for Fire and has no Heroic/Flex/LFR versions), so, yes, it IS pretty lame that there's a 4th trinket that's absolute garbage (Well, I guess it's like the UVLS of this tier, except that NO ONE wants to use it. In fact, we had one drop last night and we use Loot Council; EVERY single caster whispered "I want it to play with it")

(To people who have no idea wtf I'm referring to: http://www.wowhead.com/item=102303, because idk how the hell to link items :<)
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I'm really wondering what they were thinking when they made the cleave trinkets.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I'm really wondering what they were thinking when they made the cleave trinkets.
    The cleave trinkets are a niche thing. They perform really well on fights like galakras and spoils, and properly a few more heroic fights. On N galakras cleave trinket was 8% of my total damage, in comparison kardris passive is around 4.5% of total damage. So once you have both kardris and cleave you can swap them out depending on fight, and there are no secondary stats on them so it wont affect your reforges.

Quote Originally Posted by stX3 View Post
    The cleave trinkets are a niche thing. They perform really well on fights like galakras and spoils, and properly a few more heroic fights. On N galakras cleave trinket was 8% of my total damage, in comparison kardris passive is around 4.5% of total damage. So once you have both kardris and cleave you can swap them out depending on fight, and there are no secondary stats on them so it wont affect your reforges.
    Or just use Immerseus and BB for every single fight because (why not)

Cleave trinket... Meh, never really thought it was that great and personally don't want to bother with it. Toxic Totem is cool, but it kinda irritates me how it pops up as a Frostfire Bolt for Frost spec (and floods my MSBT). BB is our BiS anyways, and well, as we've recently found, Immerseus is BiS for every spec (Frost at Heroic gear levels), so... yeah. Loving that Crit Damage, even if it's under 7% atm :F

Though I'm kinda curious about one thing... How would Immerseus's Crit Damage scale with the Burning Meta gem? Would they just add together, or multiply? (and for theorycrafting purposes, refer to the chart below based on what version of the trinket you're using to calculate)

It wouldn't be that big a boost if they multiply (since 1.03 * 1.090035 is 1.1273605, so it's about 0.74% more than added together to make 12%), but I am curious about it nonetheless and if BoI would increase the value of Burning at all.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2013-09-27 at 11:54 PM.

Deleted
    Im playing arcane, so no i wont go for BBoY, and even when ill go fire on a lot of hc fights i wont be aiming for BBoY, as i stated before in this thread BBoY is useless in progression and is only Epeen tool for farm, witch i dont really care about. so ill go for immerseus and kardris.

Im playing arcane, so no i wont go for BBoY, and even when ill go fire on a lot of hc fights i wont be aiming for BBoY, as i stated before in this thread BBoY is useless in progression and is only Epeen tool for farm, witch i dont really care about. so ill go for immerseus and kardris.
    Arcane wants KTT and BoI, right?

The immerseus trinket proc chance is sometimes so unbearably crap that you just want to HS out and call it a day, atleast as frost. I can't express how much I want another RPPM trinket to accompany my Totem.

Deleted
    You seem to forget there are FOUR trinkets this tier (excluding Yu'lon's Bite, of course, which is only decent at best for Fire and has no Heroic/Flex/LFR versions), so, yes, it IS pretty lame that there's a 4th trinket that's absolute garbage (Well, I guess it's like the UVLS of this tier, except that NO ONE wants to use it. In fact, we had one drop last night and we use Loot Council; EVERY single caster whispered "I want it to play with it")

(To people who have no idea wtf I'm referring to: http://www.wowhead.com/item=102303, because idk how the hell to link items :<)
    I automatically excluded Yu'lon's Bite and I assume everybody who does more than LFR does so too. I had indeed forgotten about the Cleave trinket because I do not really consider it a viable option in most situations. It might perform well on the first part of Galakras, but do those numbers include Galakras himself or just the adds? Because the 8% total damage in an optimal situation is very poor compared to the 4.5% of Toxic Totem(Shamelessly copied numbers from stX3).

Maybe if you somehow ended up with one for free because it dropped and nobody wanted it, then you might consider using it, but I wonder if it is actually worth the effort of swapping out.

I automatically excluded Yu'lon's Bite and I assume everybody who does more than LFR does so too. I had indeed forgotten about the Cleave trinket because I do not really consider it a viable option in most situations. It might perform well on the first part of Galakras, but do those numbers include Galakras himself or just the adds? Because the 8% total damage in an optimal situation is very poor compared to the 4.5% of Toxic Totem(Shamelessly copied numbers from stX3).

Maybe if you somehow ended up with one for free because it dropped and nobody wanted it, then you might consider using it, but I wonder if it is actually worth the effort of swapping out.
    *Nods* Oh I know and agree with you. My post was mostly a joke, laughing at how crap it is

Deleted
    I got the War forged cleave trinket off coin... ofc the only thing i can get besides lfr BoI. (and before you ask why i even coined on malkorok.. dont its a short and embarrassing story -.-)

And yes the 8% was total damage for the entire fight ofc. For the 2 kills i have had the trinket equipped its been 8% both times, and cloak 7.1% both times.
    And lets be honest once you reach galakras the fight is over any way(it's pretty much over before you start even =P)

I am not advocating the trinket, as polar said KTT and BoI is my bis. I mentioned the cleave trinket because some one brought it up as useless, i merely pointed out that in some situations it can do quite well.

Edit: Actually went through my logs to see how much the trinket does single target, the answer is 0%. When reading the tooltip again it makes sense as it duplicates your spell to a target to 5 other targets, but not the target it proc'd off.
    Last edited by mmocd79892434a; 2013-09-28 at 07:43 AM.

Deleted
    *Nods* Oh I know and agree with you. My post was mostly a joke, laughing at how crap it is
    It is crap. Even if you have an AoE situation where the trinket is optimal, when there is 1 target with absolute top priority then the trinket loses function too. It really is only useful for getting a bigger DPS number on a silly fight like Galakras.

Which means I just wasted a sentence and could have just said it was crap.

I am not advocating the trinket, as polar said KTT and BoI is my bis. I mentioned the cleave trinket because some one brought it up as useless, i merely pointed out that in some situations it can do quite well.

Edit: Actually went through my logs to see how much the trinket does single target, the answer is 0%. When reading the tooltip again it makes sense as it duplicates your spell to a target to 5 other targets, but not the target it proc'd off.
    I wasn't sure about the Trinkets, that was actually a question. I'm only sure about Frost's trinkets atm (slowly making a transition to Arcane to try my guild's stupid thing of having two turrets for pure boss DPS)

- - - Updated - - -

It is crap. Even if you have an AoE situation where the trinket is optimal, when there is 1 target with absolute top priority then the trinket loses function too. It really is only useful for getting a bigger DPS number on a silly fight like Galakras.

Which means I just wasted a sentence and could have just said it was crap.
    Omg guys, it's crap, let's move on XD Don't need to spend this much time on liquified... *coughs* Well, let's not continue that sentence.

Deleted
    I wasn't sure about the Trinkets, that was actually a question. I'm only sure about Frost's trinkets atm (slowly making a transition to Arcane to try my guild's stupid thing of having two turrets for pure boss DPS)

- - - Updated - - -

Omg guys, it's crap, let's move on XD Don't need to spend this much time on liquified... *coughs* Well, let's not continue that sentence.
    Well I guess we could probably close the topic stating that BoI is best in best in best in best in slot. Oh well, we have 3 amazing trinkets. I mean, who even cares about the 4th one? (Prays to god nobody says 'me' in order to avoid awkard situation)

Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    More haste, more actions, more actions, more multistrike.
    You do realize multitrike scales with all your stats, right? If you get more haste your multistrikes will be more frequent but weaker. All you benefit from it is lower RNG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Though I'm kinda curious about one thing... How would Immerseus's Crit Damage scale with the Burning Meta gem? Would they just add together, or multiply? (and for theorycrafting purposes, refer to the chart below based on what version of the trinket you're using to calculate)
    Try this post on WoWHead.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=102293/p...nts:id=1899537

- - - Updated - - -

It wouldn't be that big a boost if they multiply (since 1.03 * 1.090035 is 1.1273605, so it's about 0.74% more than added together to make 12%)
    Not quite. The way I see it:
    (Damage * 2) = Crit damage
    (Damage * 2) * 1.03 = Crit damage with Burning meta
    (Damage * 2) * 1.03 * 1.090035 = Crit with both trinket and Burning meta

Assuming 20% crit ratio:

Average damage on spell strike with Burning meta = (1-0.2)+(0.2*2.06) = 1.212
    Average damage on spell strike with Burning + Trinket = (1-0.2)+(0.2*2.2454721) = 1.24909442
    Effective Crit strike chance from Trinket alone*: = (1.24909442-1)/(2.06-1) = 23.49947358%
    Hence the trinket adds (at maximum) ~3.5% Crit Chance, 9.0035% Haste and 9.0035% Mastery (at 20% Crit Chance), plus proc.

This doesn't count the Crit you lose from replacing an Int trinket, though, a side-by-side comparison would have to be made.

*Solve ((1-a)+(a*2.06))=1.24909442, rearranged for brevity
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Deleted
    Hey guys!
    I just got normal bindings of immerseus! I got wushoolay's 2/2 froged to crit and TF Cha-Ye's 2/2, i dont know wich to swap first!

thanks

If I were you, I would probably drop Wushoolay's if I were fire, if I were Arcane or Frost I would drop Ch-Ye's.