Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Free Trial September 27th thru October 3rd

https://register.guildwars2.com/trial

First time they've offered a week long trial, it's generally only the weekend.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    https://register.guildwars2.com/trial

First time they've offered a week long trial, it's generally only the weekend.
    They must've heard my twitter complaints that a weekend wasn't enough to really explore the game!
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    They must've heard my twitter complaints that a weekend wasn't enough to really explore the game!
    Haha.

Could be they want to tap into that can't play on the weekend market also.
    Valar morghulis

Let's see if we can make top 20 NA yoloQ again (it's so funny how delayed the meta is in NA in comparison to EU).

I wonder if the guy with names like "ANeT PLZ FIX MMR" will be going at it again, that was funny.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

I actually have the game being shipped to me but I have no idea when it'll arrive. I wonder if I can start up again during the free trial or if it's a once-per-account basis. Hopefully it'll get here before the 27th to render the question moot.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    I actually have the game being shipped to me but I have no idea when it'll arrive. I wonder if I can start up again during the free trial or if it's a once-per-account basis. Hopefully it'll get here before the 27th to render the question moot.
    You'll be able to use it and then upgrade the trial account to a full account once you get the code in the case.

10+ Year Old Account
    If I participated in a previous trial I can just log in using the info from that account, correct?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by angael View Post
    If I participated in a previous trial I can just log in using the info from that account, correct?
    Yes.

/10charr
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    You'll be able to use it and then upgrade the trial account to a full account once you get the code in the case.
    It's a moot point! Ooh, I got a heroic chest ... hmm ...

Well weird thing happened, I had my friend register for this to try it with me since I already own it and was looking for someone to play it with. He registered yesterday, and was just playing it with me a few minutes ago. He got bored of it, but still interesting he was able to play today.

If I get the trial account and then purchase the game will it keep my free week progress?

Quote Originally Posted by Vahlka View Post
    If I get the trial account and then purchase the game will it keep my free week progress?
    Yes. I played the last free weekend, and I just purchased the game yesterday and my toons where still present. Just need to make sure you login to your trial account when adding the serial number after purchasing.

I tried to register but I'm getting 'Sorry! The Guild Wars 2 Free Trial period has ended' and then they ask me to sign up for their newsletter. Is there an error?

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Pup View Post
    I tried to register but I'm getting 'Sorry! The Guild Wars 2 Free Trial period has ended' and then they ask me to sign up for their newsletter. Is there an error?
    Yup same here! Anyone?

same here, there isn't anything official about it so i don't expect it to be fixed very soon

I've poked them on Twitter, we'll see what they say

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenocastra View Post
    Yup same here! Anyone?

Im having the same issue, the free trial has ended and no talk about whats going on? I really wanted to try it too -_-.

When you click it on the official website its says its over. too bad I was gonna give it a try, now I will just ignore it XD

ive never had to participate in these things seeing as how i own the game. But if i remember correctly during their first ever free trial weekend, you had to sign up prior to the weekend to get in. Dunno if thats whats happening to you guys now but it might be.

Sorry for the delayed update, but I was off the grid:

Guild Wars 2@GuildWars2 3h
    We've resolved the issue where players were unable to create a Free Trial account. Please try again. Apologies for the inconvenience. ^RB