View Poll Results: Will you continue subscription?

Voters
445. This poll is closed
  • Yes

217 48.76%
  • No

228 51.24%
Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    Deleted

Will you continue your sub?

I personally won't. I feel like there's no end game yet also no PvP at all.

I think they should have waited few more months and realise the game with both pvp, 24man raid and super hard modes

i wont either. Killed titan, did 2 turns in coil with some good rnd people but there is really nothing to do.
    Already felt that way in the 2nd week when i got my relic.

Leveling alts or boring crafts is no option.
    I probably give it a look the next content patch again.

** and the server lag, fun to raid with 0.3s spell delay and rubberbanding people. Not that they ever will fix it.
    Oh and AK is so much fun, lets make you wait 30min for your instance before you can have all that fun.
    Last edited by Teph; 2013-09-28 at 09:02 AM.

Deleted
    I forgotten about lag it's unbearable. Same here, I'll give it a try when new patch comes, if it goes poo I'm done for good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally love this game - There's plenty to do and even the mindless FATE Grinding isn't too terrible since I spend a great deal of time BSing with my Free Company while I'm doing that or running dungeons with them. With multiple classes at 30 or better and a 50 WHM I see no hurry to "beat" the game in a month so I can come and cry on a forum about how awful the game is. I found the story to be quite entertaining and I think there is a lot of potential for the future of this game. It's been an MMO where Ive felt immersed in the world - something I have not experienced since The Burning Crusade.

I've already bought 3 months of playtime.

No. Grinding the same dungeon over and over isn't fun to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebi View Post
    I personally won't. I feel like there's no end game yet also no PvP at all.

I think they should have waited few more months and realise the game with both pvp, 24man raid and super hard modes
    No end game yet? Clearly, you aren't up to Turn 5 Coil.

PvP will be out in the first patch within the next month to month and a half.

WoW didn't release with PvP or Heroics/Hardmodes of any kind.

I think you are letting your current WoW experience spoil FFXIV in its baby stages of release..

Personally, I will continue my sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebi View Post
    I forgotten about lag it's unbearable. Same here, I'll give it a try when new patch comes, if it goes poo I'm done for good.
    What lag? O.o
    Last edited by Elvine; 2013-09-28 at 11:01 AM.

Deleted
    Many of my friends are complain about lag on EU servers, I tried Japanese and people are complaining there to.

And yeah you're correct, WoW made me expect a lot from other games. But I'm rather sure more people would stay subbed if they delayed realise just a bit longer and give us more content because I know many won't come back when 2.1 comes.

PS: Did you find your cat?

"WoW Classic hadnt had .... <insert anything> ..." Are you living in the past?
    Well i am not and i dont think its an excuse for a new game not to have obvious stuff.

Companies had 7years to watch and learn and adapt. If they dont do it, noone should be suprised if people dont sub to their game.
    Of course you cant add everything on release, but i dont want to give this game 7years time to be EQUAL to WoW.

I was AMAZED how many low level dungeons there were during leveling. Then hit 50 and there is... AK.. no other dungeon worth doing.
    If they just had hardmodes of their normal Dungeons and a random queue, so people actually are forced to do them.
    Furthermore the guy who had the idea for their dutyfinder needs to get slapped.

And dont come with "Have you finished turn 5". No, just turn 2. I may would have, if the lag wouldnt ruin any fun for raiding.

It was fun for the month and well worth the 22€.

Even if there's not that much endgame content, I have yet to reach level 50 on my main job, let alone other jobs I plan on leveling. So frankly I'll keep subbing until I'm out of content that I want to run.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's also the issue that if you keep delaying the release, people will be expecting an even better game. Long waiting times usually lead into people expecting something awesome or people beginning to lose interest. Both of these affect the game negatively. The ones who expect something that will blow their brains out might find that the game doesn't actually deliver on the scale they wanted ("They took all that time and this is what they came up with...?") and won't see the actual game from the disappointment. The ones who lost interest might not even give it a try.

The game itself runs really well and the only complaints I have are the latency issues. I have personally witnessed only one bug the whole time since beta 4 and EA and even then it was just the game skipping one part of a quest, which didn't even disrupt my gameplay. I can't say the same about the vast majority of games or even mere expansions of existing games that I've played.

There is also end-game content, which the majority of players haven't actually finished, for whatever reason. In my opinion the only ones who should complain about the lack of end-game content should be the ones who actually ran out of end-game content to do. I think most complain about the latency, rather than the end-game content itself. You can complain about the actual quality of the end-game content, but maybe then the game isn't for you?

As for PvP content, you do have a point there, perhaps they should have waited until that was in the game. But if PvP was the reason you wanted to play the game, then perhaps you should have waited until 2.1 before starting the game. If PvP was just one part of the deal for you, then it will come in 1-2 months, so use this time to finish doing whatever it is that you wanted to do outside of PvP. But once again, I will give you that they could have waited until PvP was ready before releasing the game.

The biggest issue to me is the latency, which they did alleviate already, but smaller scale issues still exist. I still can't quite understand why they refused to add an EU datacenter. The part about everything happening serverside does make it quite hard for them to create fair and challenging content, since your latency essentially doubles. I'm not sure if they even anticipated such an issue or if they even acknowledge the issue. But still, it can be worked with.

So all in all, they had a working game ready, they released it and kept working on additional content that we know is coming. And because of that they now know of the latency issues, so they can work on that as well, so overall it will affect a smaller portion of the game (namely, content available at launch).

(I haven't slept much the last couple of days, so what I write might not make 100% sense. Sorry.)
    Last edited by Inward; 2013-09-28 at 01:47 PM.

Without pvp, there is zero percent chance I pay them a sub. Even swtor got sub money from me because the q'd pvp is fantastic, but ff14 is shallow as a puddle at end game and has zero pvp.

Maybe they should have spent another year working on it until it had pvp and something to do end game besides grind fates

Yeah. Until I run out of stuff to do, I have no plans to un-sub. I still have crafting classes to level and some other combat classes as well, so that'll give me something to do. I haven't even hit 50 yet on my main class so I still have quite a way to go. Plus, the next patch looks really promising and has me excited.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally wouldn't expect any game that puts content out on patches to release with all of the bells and whistles already included... reason being is that there's those people who are impatient/don't like the game in general, and those who would try to blow through the content if they had put in the patch 2 stuff in the game already then wonder why they have nothing to do or say content isn't pushed out fast enough.

You can't please everyone, that's why they try to please most.

As for endgame raiding, people keep saying it's bad, is it bad because things aren't dying? If it were something that was blown through then why hasn't anyone gotten turn 5 down yet? Just curious as to what makes endgame raiding boring and flat to some people.

For me, I already put in my sub. I don't mind leveling other classes, I still have a lot of friends to play with that I have been playing MMO's with for about 3 years and other games outside of that. I don't mind FATE grinding and I don't have any lag that some people still talk about.

But in the end, there is no MMO that I would probably continuously play by myself at all. Content keeps me busy but without people to talk too and play with, doesn't matter how much content is there. WoW put out a crap ton of content in MoP, and it ended up being my least played expansion, I didn't like any of what they put out and I stayed because of my friends, who then moved to FFXIV, luckily enough though, I like the current content put out, but if I didn't have friends to play with, I probably wouldn't sub to any MMO, as there isn't one that I have found to be good from a solo person point of a view, which imo, a lot of people base their views of multiple player games on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Teph View Post
    "WoW Classic hadnt had .... <insert anything> ..." Are you living in the past?
    Well i am not and i dont think its an excuse for a new game not to have obvious stuff.

Companies had 7years to watch and learn and adapt. If they dont do it, noone should be suprised if people dont sub to their game.
    Of course you cant add everything on release, but i dont want to give this game 7years time to be EQUAL to WoW.

I was AMAZED how many low level dungeons there were during leveling. Then hit 50 and there is... AK.. no other dungeon worth doing.
    If they just had hardmodes of their normal Dungeons and a random queue, so people actually are forced to do them.
    Furthermore the guy who had the idea for their dutyfinder needs to get slapped.

And dont come with "Have you finished turn 5". No, just turn 2. I may would have, if the lag wouldnt ruin any fun for raiding.

It was fun for the month and well worth the 22€.
    I really don't understand that people don't get that a brand new game can have as much content as one with 4 expansions and YEARS of adding new content.

Considering 0 games that have come out after WoW have had near the same amount of content, people would eventually get it.

This game will expand and get much more content, you can either support them stay subbed and dink around with what it already has, unsub and come back after a major patch has dropped, or just stop playing altogether.

This hole I WANT IT NOW NOW NOW thing is getting old.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, look at all these people who are too impatient to wait until October for pvp.
    I mean, really? You fully realize that pvp will be in the game within a few weeks, but the game is shit because you can't do it right this second?

Alright then, out you go. We don't need your kind here.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    yes.

/1 month
    You cared enough to post.

Yes. However seeing these poll results are scaring me a little bit..

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Put in my yes because I don't feel like going back to WoW just yet and before I make any real judgements past my current ones I'd like to see what 2.1 has to offer. So far really liking Coil and it's difficulty(almost have turn 4 down) and really want to see just how extreme primals, hm instances and a working turn 5 turn out.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went all out and subbed for 6m because I really enjoy this game. It has a STORY which although WoW does have a storyline... it seems lacking in comparison. I am a fan of FF so the class flavor really appeals to me as well. I personally plan to level ALL the things well except crafting I will probably get half ish of them. This is just a pleasant change from hardcore raiding on WoW which is actually why I am leary about the addition of a 24 man dungeon which I really don't want to have to get that many people together for this particular game.