Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnome Tank View Post
    And why is that? Its AoE damage cap is much lower than the others'.
    For pretty much every fight you will get more DPS out of Dragon Roar, Bladestorm is only really worth it if you have a lot of adds 5+ and even then its fairly marginal given you could be using TC and your other globals with a dragon roar instead. Shockwave is only going to be useful at 3+ mobs and you aren't running into the target cap before you reach the levels where bladestorm will overtake it in terms of DPS

So for pretty much every situation, DR will be superior

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    I have a tank cloak question. I was in a very bad SoO raid and had time to test some stuff on Immerseus thanks to the offtank not going out of pools dying constantly.

I took advantage of the tank cloak on the second application of the debuff. It will neglect the damage completly without you having to pop any cooldown. So instead of going from 900k to dead you just take no damage at all.
    Are there other fights in SoO where this is can be done aswell? Basically it saves a pretty heavy cooldown.
    I guess the tank add on Norushen for vengeance if reflect is on CD although you can pick up mass reflect and do every one anyway
    Iron juggernaut bombs if for whatever reason you are on low health although you don't need any CD's even when chain popping them as a warrior
    Nazgrim, possibly if you don't have the rage for barrier for execute but pretty much every execute you can take close to 0 damage with a 60 rage shield barrier
    Malkorok *possibly* soaking orbs on HC if you use the same tactic we did
    Possibly one breath on Thok
    Blackfuse is probably the most obvious one if you want to take an extra charge of the debuff to do more damage to your add and steal one from the person tanking the boss at the time to keep yours rolling, getting 6 stacks is a great benefit to killing the add quickly and getting DPS back on the boss
    Garrosh, possibly if you wanted to eat an iron star for vengeance for some reason :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    Blackfuse is probably the most obvious one if you want to take an extra charge of the debuff to do more damage to your add and steal one from the person tanking the boss at the time to keep yours rolling, getting 6 stacks is a great benefit to killing the add quickly and getting DPS back on the boss

Why would the DPS be on the Shredder ? due to his reactive armor he takes 80 % less damage from everyone except the tank with the debuf (90 % in heroic).
    DPS should only be on the shredder if the tank has difficulty killing it by himself, and only after death from above when he takes 200 % extra damage from everyone.
    If you put DPS on the shredder as soon as he spawns well thats just a hudge DPS loss

Besides after death from above anny tank can probably kill him of in 3 gcd's, if you have dragonroar ready well he will be dead instantly with 3 stacks

Than double time to any mines if they are still alive back on boss rinse and repeat
    Last edited by mmoc3832e81243; 2013-09-27 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zorker View Post
    I have a tank cloak question. I was in a very bad SoO raid and had time to test some stuff on Immerseus thanks to the offtank not going out of pools dying constantly.

I took advantage of the tank cloak on the second application of the debuff. It will neglect the damage completly without you having to pop any cooldown. So instead of going from 900k to dead you just take no damage at all.
    Are there other fights in SoO where this is can be done aswell? Basically it saves a pretty heavy cooldown.
    We 2 tank Immerseus and I get the boss while our Monk gets the adds. Instead of hassling with tank swaps I just take all the breaths.

On the first P1 I have to take 3 breaths and I usually let my cloak eat the 3rd breath.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nytecrawler View Post
    Why would the DPS be on the Shredder ? due to his reactive armor he takes 80 % less damage from everyone except the tank with the debuf (90 % in heroic).
    DPS should only be on the shredder if the tank has difficulty killing it by himself, and only after death from above when he takes 200 % extra damage from everyone.
    If you put DPS on the shredder as soon as he spawns well thats just a hudge DPS loss

Besides after death from above anny tank can probably kill him of in 3 gcd's, if you have dragonroar ready well he will be dead instantly with 3 stacks

Than double time to any mines if they are still alive back on boss rinse and repeat
    YOUR DPS can be back on the boss.

If you kill the add in 10 seconds instead of 15 then thats 5 more seconds of uptime on the boss.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post

If you kill the add in 10 seconds instead of 15 then thats 5 more seconds of uptime on the boss.
    What Gliff said ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gliff View Post

That makes no sence at all ?

Why dps something with 80 % damage reduction when he gets 200 % damage taken from everybody after a death from above. If there actually is need for DPS to help out thats when they should switch, because it would literally take 1 second to kill him than and you have pretty much no downtime at all on the boss

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nytecrawler View Post
    That makes no sence at all ?

Why dps something with 80 % damage reduction when he gets 200 % damage taken from everybody after a death from above. If there actually is need for DPS to help out thats when they should switch, because it would literally take 1 second to kill him than and you have pretty much no downtime at all on the boss
    I think you are having some difficulty understanding :P

You as in, the pronoun; Yourself 'me the tank'
    Not as in 'your raids DPS'

Given how much DPS you are doing as a tank in SoO, especially as you go into Heroic Modes / 25m that extra uptime on the boss itself from you as a Tank can be a helpful factor, especially on Heroic where you can help burst down the empowered drills etc

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eddytheone View Post
    I think you are having some difficulty understanding :P

You as in, the pronoun; Yourself 'me the tank'
    Not as in 'your raids DPS'

Given how much DPS you are doing as a tank in SoO, especially as you go into Heroic Modes / 25m that extra uptime on the boss itself from you as a Tank can be a helpful factor, especially on Heroic where you can help burst down the empowered drills etc
    LOL

agreed

Disclaimer: whenever eddy says "DPS", he actually means "me".

Thats it, english 101 for all of us.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kopcap View Post
    Disclaimer: whenever eddy says "DPS", he actually means "me".
    I actually laughed on that one.

Hey guys, I've been following this thread since the beginning and finally got around to registering so I could post. This week I'm going to clean up normals and will likely be heading into heroics next week. I am currently running avoidance gemming/reforges/etc. and wish to squeeze out as much dps tonight so I can log it. I have a bunch of questions so I am going to list them to make it more easy to read/answer:

*Note I am referring to 10-man raiding
    1) Should I go for the Resonating Power Glyph for more dps than Unending rage (is there any fights where it's not good if so?).
    2) Are people swapping between Roar and Bladestorm or is it safe to stay Roar for basically every fight and then macro it with Bloodbath?
    3) After watching Sco's stream I noticed he was mostly using Shield Barrier, is the way to go for avoidance builds? I just recently swapped and have been doing the typical Shield block x 2 -> Barrier to pad in between (except when absorbing an incoming large hit from a boss, e.g. Juggernaut). Would this differ on 10/25-man?

Sorry for all the questions, I have just been casually PuG tanking for some guilds on server thus far but may be getting back into heroic raiding with a new guild soon and would like to be sure of everything before making the dive

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Looni View Post
    Hey guys, I've been following this thread since the beginning and finally got around to registering so I could post. This week I'm going to clean up normals and will likely be heading into heroics next week. I am currently running avoidance gemming/reforges/etc. and wish to squeeze out as much dps tonight so I can log it. I have a bunch of questions so I am going to list them to make it more easy to read/answer:

*Note I am referring to 10-man raiding
    1) Should I go for the Resonating Power Glyph for more dps than Unending rage (is there any fights where it's not good if so?).
    2) Are people swapping between Roar and Bladestorm or is it safe to stay Roar for basically every fight and then macro it with Bloodbath?
    3) After watching Sco's stream I noticed he was mostly using Shield Barrier, is the way to go for avoidance builds? I just recently swapped and have been doing the typical Shield block x 2 -> Barrier to pad in between (except when absorbing an incoming large hit from a boss, e.g. Juggernaut). Would this differ on 10/25-man?

Sorry for all the questions, I have just been casually PuG tanking for some guilds on server thus far but may be getting back into heroic raiding with a new guild soon and would like to be sure of everything before making the dive
    1) For resonating power vs Unending Rage I would say if DPS is your concern then go for RP. Unending rage is nice however due to the quicker rate at which we gain rage now so there is a much higher chance of overcapping rage and thus wasting it, at the end of the day its down to your personal preference

2) I would honestly say just go with Dragon Roar unless you are on a fight with a lot of adds such as possibly Garrosh or Shammies' blobs, even then I would probably still take Dragon Roar as the DPS gain from bladestorm is going to be fairly minimal and you then lose control of any globals you have with it up, with the RP glyph all of your other globals are hitting pretty damn hard and Dragon Roar with a bloodbath is just a really nice combo

3) I would take streams with a pinch of salt and no offence to Sco but he sometimes does a fair bit of *weird* stuff, Barrier is pretty strong with the 2 set if you aren't on full HP already and I must admit with the rage generation rate of 5.4 I'm using it a lot more than I used to, however Block is always going to be better for any boss that doesn't hit like a complete fairy and I would argue for any content with the exception of Lei-Shi in Terrace that Block will be better. Just smooth out the auto swing damage from the boss and use barrier to negate any high burst mechanics. The reason you have probably been seeing Sco using it a lot is that there are A LOT more of those type of abilities that require a shield barrier compared with previous tiers. Mines and breath on Juggernaut being a prime example, Shocks from Blackfuse, Breaths from some bosses, Execute from Nazgrim HC... Which ones specifically did you see him tanking on?

Hope this answers your questions ^^
    Last edited by mmocae83d35844; 2013-09-28 at 08:28 AM.

Very much appreciated eddy, yes you did answer my questions

In response to the resonating power glyph I tried it out last night in SoO and noticed no change in dps (though it was single target). However I am not sure when I would throw the thunder clap into my rotation, which is what could have been the problem.

In response to #3, he was doing heroic Thok, was just a bit confused why he never touched shield block (the entire fight) but it probably makes sense because of the Fearsome Roar stacking debuff and how he had some seriously high vengeance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Muuku View Post
    Ends up for me against T16H10 with 50.000 Iterations:

With Unending Rage Glyph
    394471 dps, 59457 dtps, 6713.3 TMI

With Resonating Power Glyph
    410916 dps, 62409 dtps, 17806.7 TMI

I have compared the two glyphs on the previous page.
    This is a Flickwerk Fight (Single boss).

RP glyph gives you more dps. But also a higher TMI.

what does TMI mean, if you don't mind me asking?

Just wanted to give a piece of advice to anyone tanking the "Wall" boss on Shamans.

We use 2 Warrior tanks in the room and we found that it was SIGNIFICANTLY easier on the healers if we dumped almost 100% of our rage into barrier. Even while you are not tanking the boss the dot alone is enough to use up the whole barrier.

You sacrifice a bit of damage but deaths inside the room was the only thing we were wiping to so it was an easy tradeoff.

Deleted
    Mmm... I don't raid until sunday, and last thursday the 2set wasn't working well at all, but I just finished a flex raid and Shield Guard was responding much better, producing no overheal at all if you were previously topped off:

[18:25:15.383] Ápplejack Soothing Mist Merithra +0 (O: 0, O: 12875)
    [18:25:15.526] Ápplejack Renewing Mist Merithra +0 (O: 0, O: 9525)
    [18:25:15.882] Earthbreaker Haromm Froststorm Strike Merithra 54193 (A: 71303)
    [18:25:16.100] Ápplejack Soothing Mist Merithra +12876 (O: 0)
    [18:25:16.274] Erÿah Beacon of Light Merithra +14854 (O: 0)
    [18:25:16.274] Merithra Shield Guard Merithra +21391 (O: 0)

Anyone else have been looking at recent logs? Seems fixed.

PD: Also, after getting a flex drain life trinket, and trying it on Nazgrim... I may give it a chance again in a proper raid, but I think I will finally set for stam/crit trinket from garrosh and str/crit trinket from Paragons. No dps str users on our raid group, so free way for me.
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2013-09-28 at 05:00 PM.

guys, today we were 2 prot warriors in LFR, our dps was almost same on nazgrim

i did 147k dps, and the other tank did 136k

im parry/dodge build, and he is full mastery

dmg taken 9.8M for me, and he got 11.5

healing is equal, but he got 2.5m from 2 set

so what do u think about this stats? how we r doing same dps? and the dmg taken isnt that big

Quote Originally Posted by sirmo7 View Post
    guys, today we were 2 prot warriors in LFR, our dps was almost same on nazgrim

i did 147k dps, and the other tank did 136k

im parry/dodge build, and he is full mastery

dmg taken 9.8M for me, and he got 11.5

healing is equal, but he got 2.5m from 2 set

so what do u think about this stats? how we r doing same dps? and the dmg taken isnt that big
    From a sample size of one in which we have no idea who tanked what and for how long, I can't say I'd draw any useful data from this scenario at all, tbh.