Poll: Did you find this Guide Useful?

Can you use the pillars of his demonic gateway? I've been los'ing using the pillars that are part of the room.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EricDaWaskyWarwock View Post
    I also recommend playing a GoSac as Destruction.
    To add to this, sac an IMP. That dispel is really useful for the times where you need to be as far away from the pit lord as possible. Getting a bad black hole or annoying imps debuff, especially the imp debuff, is just SO annoying.

I've done this fight with ilvl 470 and not having the pet tank the boss so it is very possible, hang in there.

Just be sure to LoS the Chaos Bolts. And try to stand in front of the pit lord and do his flame breath when you have dots. This fight can easily be out geared now. I was lazy and didn't do mine till 540 ilvl. To put this in perspective, that is a mix of RF/Flex gear basically. If you are doing any normal or heroic kills in Siege you will be far above the point you can just use brute force. I killed him right as he was summoning the doom guard. Took maybe 10-15 attempts total. Had some very painful low wipes for RNG reasons before the kill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait..gateway does NOT cause an aggro drop now? I cant find anything to confirm this. The tooltip on the debuff still says it does.

The tooltip is wrong, it was changed when 5.4 hit. Would be pretty broken if all you had to do at the start of any boss fight is have all of your high dps jump through a gateway to get a 1 min no threat gen debuff.
    Warlock Soloing & Progress | FC: 4141-3143-3405 | Metang, Mawile, and Klefki

Green Fel Fire Last boss.....

So, I don't understand something... Is the last boss for the green fire bugged or something? Because everytime I come to the Felhunter phase it dispels my enslave EVEN THOUGH my pit lord is literally 200 yards away and LoSed (not joking, I actually measured it). I have full aggro on the Fel hunters and almost no issues with the rest of the fight. I CANNOT get past this phase though because of that reason. I've wiped 37 times now, all at the same spot, all with the same problem.

Maybe a patch bug or something? Idk. When you've LoSed your pitlord in every tangable spot and it still get purged, then something is wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just did the fight for a second time (Alliance warlock this time, lol) about a week or two ago and experienced no issues like this.

Just in case you're not doing it, the felhunters *must* face away from the pit lord. Once I kept them facing away from him I never had an enslave get dispelled again. LoS never worked for me, they literally had to be facing the opposite direction of the PL.

What I personally did was let the pit lord stay on Kanrethad while I moved behind the big gateway before they spawn. When the felhunters come out, I had a rain of fire ready, hit them with shadowfury, popped dark soul and havoc'd a chaos bolt onto 1 and 2, then burned them down the rest of the way.

Alright. Maybe it is the facing that I haven't been fully doing. I'll give it a shot again and see if I can actually make it past this phase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. In my first attempts back on my Horde warlock I was using the tactic of moving the pit lord to the other side of the room, then running to the opposite side to deal with the felhunters. They still chain dispelled the enslave.

From watching someone's video while frustrated I noticed they didn't move the pit lord away but instead went behind the gateway to dps them down and a light bulb went on.

Good luck, let us know if that works! If not, it very well might be a patch-related bug, who knows?

Deleted
    Just move to the right pillar of the portal, and send the pitlord to the left side.

Start spamming rain of fire on the portal even before the felhunters spawn, and they will target you the very instant they do spawn.

The felhunters have like a 180 degree cone of dispell infront of them. You need to make them turn away from the pitlord as soon as they spawn.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemah View Post
    Yeah. In my first attempts back on my Horde warlock I was using the tactic of moving the pit lord to the other side of the room, then running to the opposite side to deal with the felhunters. They still chain dispelled the enslave.

I did the same. You just need a lot of burst to kill the felhunters before the Pitlord arrives you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Natezz View Post
    I did the same. You just need a lot of burst to kill the felhunters before the Pitlord arrives you.
    It certainly works, but it's easier to just turn them away from him and nuke them down....that way you can re-enslave the pit lord at the time of your choosing. For me that was usually right before the doom guard/lord came out.

My friend was having issues so I livestreamed myself doing it in 5.4. Vod: http://www.twitch.tv/hiwashi/b/465666990

First pull with 540ilvl gear starts at 3:45. I then removed some gear to somewhat match his stats ( ilvl down to 466 ), and fixed my WeakAuras to show the Agony debuff and tried again, starts at 12:10.

Here are the macros: http://pastebin.com/vDA9BT7T

I made some extra runs for fun later on if you want to keep watching, and oh, make sure to put the Pit Lord on passive, so when you hide him from Felhunters, he will stay there.
    Last edited by Rhodianni; 2013-09-28 at 10:51 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Continue moving a bit backwards when the felhunters are up and while you nuke them down. I had them turn around many times myself when I just stood still, as mobs often do when trying to get into the right position.

15+ Year Old Account
    Also make sure that it's not just your enslave wearing off. You need to recast it after a while.

Kite the Pit Lord and the Fel Hunters until the Fel Hunters are dead. I do it that was as Demonology with no issues at all, and I've done it with as low as a 460 ilvl and still killed the Fel Hunters and enslaved the Pit Lord before Cataclysm was cast.

Long story short, the fight is easy.

Funny thing is for ages back when I was doing it I thought I had the same issue and couldnt figure out why it was being dispelled, I total mind blanked that my ENSLAVE DEMON would run out on the pit lord, between phases you need to remove your Enslave and re-cast it on the Pit Lord, hope this helped

Why are such cheesy startegies needed?>.> Use the pit lord stun on one of the felhunters and it will instantly die(you cast but double damage). Kill the other 2 and enslave the pit lord back... Fear or Mortal Coil him in the meanwhile if you have to... he won't have the charge because you used it.

Why do people like to over complicate this shit so much jesus christ.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had the same problem. you lose the Pit Lord Enslave because felhunters cast Devour magic (or something along those lines, it was hard for me to understand they actually did that), you need to kill them fast before they can cast that. What I did as destruction (I was ~470 ilvl) is face the pitlord a bit away just in case Devour magic hits me, keep like 3 embers and Dark Soul before the Felhunter phase, Rain of Fire as they spawn, Havoc one, Chaos Bolt another twice, then Shadowfury them all, cast some Conflagrates or a Chaos Bolt while at the same time order the Pitlord to charge them and use his Fel Breath, finish them off with whatever you have left, use Fel Flames if they are close to sub 20% so you can Shadowburn asap.

If you master that and brought some potions to remove the Doom curse before it hits if you are lowish ilvl, it's cake.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2013-09-29 at 10:21 AM.

There're only 3 felhunters and can be killed within 10s by a destruction lock. havoc the dog on the left, chaosbolt on the middle dog, if you have a ilvl of 520+, your shadouburn will be avaliable, kill them, collect the ember and chaobolt shadowburn combo for the last one.

Dont be nervous, even if you lost control of the pit lord and boss is casting cataclysm, you can avoid it by escaping downstairs with demonic gateway and burning rush.

In fact pit lord is NOT mandatory. chaosbolt can also be avoided by a demonic circle behind the pillar.

I dont know if this is an exploit, but my account is still usable, so I think this is allowed.
    Last edited by fassade; 2013-09-29 at 12:29 PM.