Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Would you watch wow if it was on tv?

Would you want wow to be on your favorite anime show line up? I feel like there is great potential there for blizzard to create such a thing and attract so many more people to the game. We have such a better and richer story than shows that have been going on since god knows when, i mean if dudes watching my little pony are such a big thing nowadays(not judging you if you do one of my best friends is all about that show :P) Think how huge of and audience we would get from this show. I mean it could be quite basic to you know how it Pokemon you have a group of odd kids running around the jungle while being weirdly followed by 2 super old people from team rocket or w.e all their life?
    Well wow could be about a group of 3-4 maybe even a fifth later down the road who travel around azeroth doing stuff that we do now. I would be fine if they even did other things that we have already done like LK or BC stuff that's fine too! There is such great potential here it makes me extremely angry that blizzard wont jump on this. There is so much story we have skipped and wont go back to that this show could jump into for us it could even open up new worlds for us too....so any ways lol would you guys watch such a show?

Quote Originally Posted by Rowarx View Post
    ....so any ways lol would you guys watch such a show?
    No.
    And video game shows are always awful.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is just my opinion on what Blizz may be thinking about it but. . .

I believe Blizz doesn't want to jump on something like this for the same reason (well one of them at least) why they won't jump strait to making a WoW movie asap, and that's because they want it to be GOOD. They don't want to make a spin-off series (anime/cartoon or movie) and it ends up being garbage because not enough thought or time wasn't put into producing, executing, and/or just creating it.

It's subjective weather Warcraft would make a great anime/cartoon or not. . .but I believe one of the reasons why Blizz hasn't done it may be because they want it to be done right. . .not right away. For all we know Blizz probably doesn't want to have an anime style series for Warcraft, or a cartoon series in general. Similar to how someone or a group of people (like Blizz) may not want to see Wolverine in an anime style series, produced by a Japanese company :/

Plus. .. isn't there some old cartoon Warcraft thing involving Thrall? Think it was just a movie length thing though, not full on series.

Edit: Forgot to add my initial response to this post:
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    No.
    It wouldnt bug me if Blizz went ahead and did it or got a company/animation group to do it. . .but I still wouldn't bother watching it :/ Not for Warcraft
    Last edited by GuiltyCrown; 2013-09-29 at 03:39 PM.
    "Do we gain more power in order to fight, or do we fight in order to gain more power?"-Some badass

That's kind of like having a show in which a few people play Secret of Mana together. Every episode. Same show. With the right commentary it could be great for a season but... then it would be boring as sin.

Basically this is pretty good for now.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

A lore series done in the same style of their cinematics would be amazing. I realized this after seeing the Mists cinematic for the first time.
    I would love to have nice things in game but the game is just too hard for me to earn them in.

Don't worry friend, let us go to the Blizzard store!

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post
    Your in the wrong because ... you haven't been smart

10+ Year Old Account
    I would like to see a TV series in the way how they make patch cinematics, they are awesome =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it was good, yes.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

A wow show like Portal from G4, Yes please.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    A wow show like Portal from G4, Yes please.
    Someone else remembers that show!
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

No.
    I wouldn't say always but they do tend to be pretty horrible the majority of the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.
    Xplay was good.

Yes i would love to , as long as some good old blizz team are directing on the job ! to make it as epic as possible
    (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻,

No.
    yep this

video game tv shows, books, and movies are always terrible

Quote Originally Posted by Rowarx View Post
    Would you want wow to be on your favorite anime show line up?
    No. I would prefer a WoW TV show be in 80s sitcom form, not cartoon form.

"Oh, Garrosh!"

[Cue Garrosh smiling mischievously and theme song.]

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    yep this

video game tv shows, books, and movies are always terrible
    Incorrect. Your and Hitei's experiences are very limited to say something like that.

Using patch cinematics style or just blizzard's magnificent CGI (which they decided not to use in the WoW movie.Why? Idk, it would be epic)

But it would have to be a new story for me to fully enjoy it, not something that is currently already done in lore. Doesn't have to be set at the time of WoW, might have happened thousands of years earlier or maybe just a few years earlier, but as long as it looked great and had a good storyline (which is hard I think seeing today's wow story) I would watch it.

Also, it better had a female paladin in it! Besides Lady Liadrin there are hardly any great female paladins, that needs to change! Enough with the bearded, hammer swinging male paladin cliché already!
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Concidering people watch streams and such of other people playing I'm sure there would be some that would watch it on TV to, it just won't be me.

... or apparently i shold just learn to read; you want some kinda wow-based anime soap. Mmmm I might watch that actually.
    Last edited by looorg; 2013-09-29 at 05:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If anime, no. Can't stand the stuff. If 2D, probably not.

If 3D and pretty much visually resembled their cinematics, I could be tempted to now and then...unless it was good enough to hook me into watching it more often.

Personally, if they did a tv series then I think it would be epic if they continuously ran contests every so often for player-viewers to win a small guest spot for one of their characters in an episode.

Deleted
    No, I will not. Not now, not ever. I kind of despise Anime, though I do not care what people are watching, absolutely not. I just hate it that so many people try to shove it down my throat each time there is an awesome episode. And apparently, every episode is so awesome that it's worth mentioning.

Anime or tv show? No. Production for those would be far too little. However if the live action movie is a success, I see a tremendous cash cow. There is so much lore that they can put into the movies, Star Wars and Tolkien would have nothing on Warcraft.

Well, the HALO show is pretty good, so it'd have to be well made for me to accept it.