Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xisa View Post
    The guild that downed him isn't even the best guild in China. That would be STARS.
    This guild however borderline cheated. No recognition for a handicap achievement.
    Clearly stars is best since they killed him first. Oh wait....

Cheated how exactly? They are playing the game blizzard gave them. They didn't cheese it by using bombs or 15 druids etc.

By definition, this is a world first kill. No matter how much haters try to deny it. It was the first time in the world he was killed in heroic. Period.

Grats to them
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

Are there 100+ guilds in Asia already downed Garrosh 10H using their OP 25 man gear? is there a list of their armories anywhere? Want to check heroic heirloom weapon drop rate.

I saw this image before. I'm pretty sure it's fake though. First of all, isn't that SW harbor? And even worse, what is the NE and Panda leaders doing impaled on those spikes behind them?

You could go all out with:
    World First Asian 10
    World First Asian 25
    World First Western 10
    World First western 25

Unless you are willing to take this as the "WORLD FIRST" Regardless of gear advantage and raid size you have no choice but to separate the kill's into individual world firsts. You cannot say for 100% if 10 is harder than 25 or if they have it more hard or easy than EU/US, Because of this you must see it as a legit World first or separate all World kills like above.

They killed the boss first.

However as far as the world first race goes they will never be given the respect or acknowledgement of skill that comes along with a "world first" end boss kill, due to the tactics used to get the kill. They dont like it, take it up with Blizzard.

If Blizzard doesnt revert any changes, the top EU/US guilds will respect the asian guilds' boss kills as much as the 25H ICC guilds who switched the Lich King over to 10 man were respected when they got their heroic kill.

Quote Originally Posted by Maconi View Post
    If I was a US/EU raider and had people giving Asia the "World First" title even though they have an unfair advantage I would just say "fuck it". Why bother competing when another region has an unfair advantage? It's not much of a competition if everyone isn't on equal footing.
    So method and all the other EU guilds should just not bother since US guilds get an extra day advantage. Also all the Australian guilds shouldn't bother since they don't get the advantage of nice pings. The world first race is over. If Method and Blood Legion want every advantage possible it's their choice to move to asia if they want to. We're now waiting to see who wins the west first race, which would be world second unless another asian guild downs him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I always enjoy seeing people trying to argue that certain kills don't count because it's either on 10man, played differently to what they are used to or just isn't their fave guild...
    Of course the kill counts. The point here is that it's not comparable to what others are doing.

It's like going to a marathon and noticing that some of the competitors are using bicycles yet the results don't take that into account.

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post

Cheated how exactly? They are playing the game blizzard gave them. They didn't cheese it by using bombs or 15 druids etc.

By definition, this is a world first kill. No matter how much haters try to deny it. It was the first time in the world he was killed in heroic. Period.

Grats to them
    They farmed 25m for the higher iLvl gear they get for their region. Stacking all the gear on 10 characters they then went back and killed it on 10m. Seems pretty lame to me

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatoss View Post
    They farmed 25m for the higher iLvl gear they get for their region. Stacking all the gear on 10 characters they then went back and killed it on 10m. Seems pretty lame to me
    The same thing happened in ICC. 25H guilds werent skilled enough to take down the hardest bosses, so they farmed gear and then switched it to 10-man which they now overgeared to get their final kills. I cant think of anyone who said "wow that was an impressive feat"

My question is why does blizzard feel they have to give the asian servers higher item levels and more attempts? Did they cry and moan for it or what? I just dont see the logic of blizzard doing it unless they had no choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    nothing to see here folks ... move along ...

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensui06 View Post
    My question is why does blizzard feel they have to give the asian servers higher item levels and more attempts? Did they cry and moan for it or what? I just dont see the logic of blizzard doing it unless they had no choice.
    It's probably because EU/US cried that they had too many modes to run in order to compete. 10man, 25man, normal and heroic also known as ToC. While china likes that hardcore grind every week to maximise on gear.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenX View Post
    Correction, Warlock with ilvl 588:

http://www.wowhead.com/item=105475

So they farmed 25 and killed him in 10m, don't know how this really counts in as the WF considering the cheesing of every logistics there is, still gratz on the kill.
    Only that particular item is 588. His total ilvl is 575
    Engineer = Mage

Biggest possible firepower, yet they keep whining. "SPY SAPPIN' MAH SENTRY!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Guilds that farmed 25 man gear in ICC to farm 10H ICC didn't get any credit for world firsts.

This is the exact same thing. Congratulations to them for a non-accomplishment. The real guilds are still competing.

Deleted
    This should not be counted towards world first simply because of the advantages they have over the rest.
    They have more lockouts per week, 10/25 doesn't share lockout, higher ilvl gear.

It's like having a 100m race against Usain Bolt, you start at the same point but for every step Usain Bolt takes you can take twice as many.

Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    It's probably because EU/US cried that they had too many modes to run in order to compete. 10man, 25man, normal and heroic also known as ToC. While china likes that hardcore grind every week to maximise on gear.
    No, as far as I know, the diffrence between lock-outs is because in Asia poeple pay per time played (not a monthly/quarterly/yearly) subscription. People basically just logged to raid (and only payed for that), not only did they ask for the change but it's also better for Blizzard economically since now they have to log in twice a week (10 man and 25 man) so that means double the play time (meaning double the money). I'm not sure tho, I believe I read about that somewhere. I'm not sure why they have diffrent ilvls tho.

Also, stop complaining, world first is world first. They did have a better ilvl however fights are harder in asian raids (bosses have 10% more health and do 10% more damage) so it evens out. Also, other guilds (EU and US too) funnel gear into their mains via 25 man raids, it has happened before and it will keep happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Also, stop complaining, world first is world first. They did have a better ilvl however fights are harder in asian raids (bosses have 10% more health and do 10% more damage) so it evens out.
    They have higher health in 25m, this wasn't a 25m kill

Quote Originally Posted by mikencarly View Post
    true world first kill well done apocalypse!
    Hardly. They had a huge ilevel advantage on a boss that is at the same difficulty as the one in the west. Maybe if they weren't playing a different version where 10/25 don't share a lock out Id give it to them. But like Chaud said, they are not included in the world first because their 10man version is not buffed, therefore they killed the same boss everyone else is fighting with gear no one else can get because no one else has separate lock outs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post

Grats to them
    THey cheesed it by getting really high ilevel in 25man then going to an unbuffed 10man version to kill it.

I really wish i had this much time on my hands. I'd be able to raid 7 days a week too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shudder View Post
    So method and all the other EU guilds should just not bother since US guilds get an extra day advantage. Also all the Australian guilds shouldn't bother since they don't get the advantage of nice pings. The world first race is over. If Method and Blood Legion want every advantage possible it's their choice to move to asia if they want to. We're now waiting to see who wins the west first race, which would be world second unless another asian guild downs him.
    Its still going, sorry. We aren't talking about a 1day advantage. We are talking about a huge ilevel and gear advantage that no one else could get for the same difficulty. It's like them having several weeks of farming in before going to try to kill garrosh, if we could even reach the insane ilevels they can with their 4 upgrades and higher ilevel 25man gear.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Therec View Post
    The same thing happened in ICC. 25H guilds werent skilled enough to take down the hardest bosses, so they farmed gear and then switched it to 10-man which they now overgeared to get their final kills. I cant think of anyone who said "wow that was an impressive feat"
    Back then though everyone could do that. Asia is the only one like that now.