Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Easiest, most laid back dps class for raids with guild?

My old WoW guild managed to talk me into giving MoP a shot, I stopped during Cata. What's the most laid back, easy to play, ranged class atm that I can join them, feel like I'm contributing, but won't have any issues learning the new raids quickly? I also used my SoR and can boost a new character to 80. I'm picking ranged because I'm pretty rusty with healing and I don't know the encounters to be a tank.

I'm thinking hunter atm, since they were generally always easy to play, lot of mobility, and I remember being able to feign and survive a wipe. Easier to "get out of fire" since they have high mobility and do decent damage last I heard. I've also played a shadow priest and did some raiding with a mage.

Thoughts, suggestions, flames? Thanks in advance.

Hunter should be your best bet.

Hunter is an excellent choice. Completely mobile DPS and fairly easy to learn.

Hunter, shadow priest and destruction warlock are all very easy ranged to perform 90% on. 1-2 dots at most to keep track of and very slow resources to manage, not that many cooldowns to juggle either.

Deleted
    From my PoV, I would say hunter.

I'd say elemental shaman: 4 buttons to watch, cooldowns are pretty straight forward, very good mobility, super easy aoe/cleave. Not an underperforming spec by any means.
    Not sure if they still have healing tide since it was removed from talents though?
    Last edited by Chaosturn; 2013-09-30 at 12:22 AM. Reason: typo
    Where i upload all my music:
    My Soundcloud!

I would also say just go with Hunter. You won't really need to worry about anything much besides dpsing.

all ranged dps is super relaxed.

Hunter it is then, thanks for the feedback. Now to pick a spec. I hope I still have my legacy bow somewhere.

Shadow priest.

BM and Sv hunter.

Destruction warlock.

Arcane and frost mage.

From my Personal experience these all have easy as fuck rotations

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    I would also say just go with Hunter. You won't really need to worry about anything much besides dpsing.
    The same can be said about pretty much any ranged dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    Shadow priest.

BM and Sv hunter.

Destruction warlock.

Arcane and frost mage.
    The Max DPS site is showing shadow priests at the bottom for all tiers of raiding. Are they that bad nowadays? Lock are around middle of the pack, hunters in SV and BM are looking good, and surprisingly frost mages are at the top? When did this happen?

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter or rogue.
    When ever I look at rogues damage in recount most of it seems to be from auto attack and poison damage.
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorkin View Post
    The Max DPS site is showing shadow priests at the bottom for all tiers of raiding. Are they that bad nowadays? Lock are around middle of the pack, hunters in SV and BM are looking good, and surprisingly frost mages are at the top? When did this happen?
    That happened when shatter became useful on bosses, and FoF was changed to proc from just about anything a frost mage does. Add frost orb to the mix, and they have become one of the strongest specs in the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaosturn View Post
    I'd say elemental shaman: 4 buttons to watch, cooldowns are pretty straight forward, very good mobility, super easy aoe/cleave. Not an underperforming spec by any means.
    Not sure if they still have healing tide since it was removed from talents though?
    They get a slightly weaker one as baseline (all shammy specs get healing tide in their spellbook now)

Deleted
    The last time the Max DPS site was an accurate source of informations, poverty was banned from the planet.
    aka never

Lock are around middle of the pack
    I cringed so hard I broke my teeth ^^

maxdps is so out of whack.

15+ Year Old Account
    All melee classes require running around more often than ranged, so they don't count for "most laid back". Hunters, warlocks, and balance druids require more attention because of their complicated rotations.

I'd say shadow priest, ele shaman or mage.
    DISCLAIMER: Reader discretion advised. The above post is entirely fictional and purely for entertainment purposes only. Any similarities to real life events, animals, humans, persons, politicians, or any other form of entity, living, dead or in any other state of existence, is purely coincidental. The author cannot and will not be held accountable for such similarities or any other parallels that are imagined and/or drawn by you, the reader, between the above fictional work and real life events.

Look at raidbots for a general idea how the differents specs are doing - they're using actual world of logs reports for their data.
    However, take even that with a grain of salt. The people in top 100 might have had some lucky crit streaks, or cheesed the fights somehow to get on top of the WOL charts... data:all parses and 80th percentile might be better for instance to get the top 20% players of every class.
    Also keep in mind that people gravitate towards the most "OP" spec, meaning underrepresented specs like Frost, Marksman, Sublety etc. might not be nearly as "bad" as the numbers shown there. They are just not played that often, and have more players who play for fun instead of min/maxers.
    Last edited by Lil; 2013-09-30 at 01:21 AM.

Yeah shadow priests are pretty straightforward but not very mobile, I think Hunters are your best bet.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Only class in the game mobility wise to mechanics and maintaing dps is a hunter.

You can't say ANY other class can do that. All other classes while moving is a dps loss 'cause their movement spell casts are always weaker moves.

You also can't say any melee do, either because if the boss goes up in the air ect, they lose their "perfect" rotation.

Hunters don't lose anything. LITERALLY.

Wait, now that I think about it. Unless their pets attack from the ground (which I think they actually do) then they'd lose that.
    Yeah I'm pretty sure that their pets can get ranged if the boss is in the air (they also have travel time and some positioning issues), but compared to every other class they're still ahead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

No, hunter pets are melee only. Locks can have a ranged pet or even none at all, but I think a melee pet is their highest damage option.