Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    hm the storm... u could refer to the Legion as a storm thats coming to azeroth but I doubt that this is the wow expansion name.. then again mists of pandaria is a bad name too so who knows

Deleted
    Rock and Roll Racers - Heroes of the Storm

My god...it's perfect! O_O

Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post
    I'd argue N'zoth is a bigger villain than Sargeras.

People always like to take an old quote about how Sargeras is going to be the 'final' bad guy. If I'm not mistaken Metzen said something about Thrall and Gorona hooking up back in BC and that never happend. That and Jesse Koax's interview with Dave Kosak made me raise a brow when he refused to answer the question of "Who came first, the Old gods or the Titans." and it's not the refusing to answer that was interesting it was the. "I'll ruin the story of the whole game by answering that." That was more intriguing

Maybe I have an extreme personal bias, I find the Old god stories infinitely more interesting than the Legion's story. I just feel people over estimate Sargeras, and extremly underestimate an unleashed Old God.

I think n zoth is far stronger than anyone we have face I don't think he is imprisoned he turn death wind evil and creat the naga and the nightmare that makes pretty bad dude

The legion is just races turn evil
    Last edited by Haven2011; 2013-09-28 at 01:31 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post
    I just feel people over estimate Sargeras, and extremly underestimate an unleashed Old God.
    Same here. Heck, given how Broxigar as just an Orc could wound Sargeras, what could an Old God supercharged Deathwing (who was only stoppable by cheating basically) do against Sargeras? I don't think Deathwing would win the fight, but I think he could do some serious damage. Same with Azshara basically, even as just a Night Elf she was already more powerful than 99.99% of the Burning Legion, only Sargeras himself was superior. But what happened with the Well of Eternity implosion? She made a pact with an Old God, and that Old God also amplified her powers even more. It would make sense that like Deathwing, Azshara would be able to seriously hurt Sargeras now.

Also, I'm pretty sure the Old Gods are more powerful than they appear in-game. We just banish their physical form to some different realm to recover, they'll always find a way to come back.

Seeing as how we've had multiple quotes that seem to indicate that the Old Gods are insanely powerful. Apparently they're outside the cycle, neither living nor death (Herald Volazj, Ahn'kahet the Old Kingdom). That pretty much means you can't get rid of them, especially not by mere mortals. Then there is a quote where the Old Gods' forces are as countless as the stars themselves (last boss Arcatraz). And then there is the Yogg-saron death quote that basically means that by 'killing' him you only helped him in his plan. And since Yogg-saron is the Old God of Death itself, I don't think he would be stopped by getting killed that easily.

And the biggest clue we have is the War of the Ancients trilogy (which hasn't been retconned or contradicted), where the Old Gods were bringing Sargeras to Azeroth because they knew with his coming into the world his grand power would break their prisons. And then they'd gang up on Sargeras and have him beg for mercy, implying that the Old Gods are actually stronger than the Titans. I think the only reason the Titans won their war and imprisoned the Old Gods is be having strength in numbers.

I think the Old Gods are the most powerful, except they're only a few very very strong gods with a big army of dark but relatively weak creatures. The Titans are a big army with lots of strong fighters, individually not as strong as the Old Gods but together they could win the fight. This would explain why an Old God would be able to take out Sargeras, but it wouldn't take away the Titans' victory and imprisonment of the Old Gods.

Well since it's shown up in the US patent database (which is a database I've known to be accurate in the past), and it has the exact same classifications as MoP, I can only conclude that "Heroes of the Storm" is indeed a legitimate Blizzard trademark and is probably the name of the next WoW expansion.

And I have no idea what it means. "Heroes" could mean anything from Turalyon and Alleria to the players themselves, and "Storm" could mean anything from a particularly nasty thunderstorm to more of a metaphorical one involving a Legion or Old God invasion.

And to be honest, I kind of like it that way. With Mists of Pandaria we at least knew that the expansion would be primarily set on Pandaria, but with "Heroes of the Storm" we don't have anything solid. Assuming I'm not working at the time and barring any major leaks, I'll be watching the official announcement without any real foreknowledge and that will be awesome.
    Roleplaying, hardcore Raiding, running LFR on the occasional weekend, PvPing, rolling alts, achievement hunting, pet battling, or just enacting an endless series of whims, I don't care how you play WoW. Just as long as you have fun doing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koreche View Post
    Stupid comment is stupid. None of the past expansions have been named for the same thing
    Burning crusade is named after the war against illidan's demons
    Wrath of the lich king is named after the main villain
    Cataclysm is named after an event
    Mists of pandaria was named after a continent
    so why is it weird for them to make another title that is nothing like the past 4 when they already have done that 4times.
    Nice way to start a post with ad hominem.
    Anyway the names are actually all very much named after an event. Like you said yourself tbc is named after the war against demons. Wotlk is actually named after the war we have against him to counter his "wrath" or the act of trying to conquest azeroth. Cataclysm explains itself and MoP is actually also named after the event. It's not about Pandaria but the Mist of Pandaria. If you have paid any attention to this lore we have unlocked bit by bit ingame you would have noticed that the Mists have a meaning and we are told the story of why it came and what does it mean. I would recommend looking at the short animated story about Shaohao Blizzard released at youtube.

All of the names are very strong and clearly tell you what it's about. tbc is about Legion, wotlk is about scourge, cata is about end of the world and mop is about happenings in Pandaria. What is Heroes of the Storm about? People making umberellas and sandbags? That name is way too vague. Is it the name of next expansion? Who knows but if it is then Blizzard has dropped the ball with naming.

Quote Originally Posted by Falrinn View Post
    Well since it's shown up in the US patent database (which is a database I've known to be accurate in the past), and it has the exact same classifications as MoP, I can only conclude that "Heroes of the Storm" is indeed a legitimate Blizzard trademark and is probably the name of the next WoW expansion.
    Yet its list of goods and services is quite different:

HotS:

Computer game software, computer game discs, downloadable computer game software, computer game software downloadable from a global computer network, interactive multimedia computer game program; Downloadable electronic game software for use on portable electronic devices such as mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs

Mists:

Computer game software; computer game discs; computer game software and related instruction manuals and guides sold together as a unit; downloadable computer game software; computer game software downloadable from a global computer network; downloadable electronic games via the internet and wireless devices; interactive multimedia computer game program; mousepads

And every expansion before HotS has included computer game software and related instruction manuals and guides sold together as a unit and mousepads (save TBC which didn't include mousepads, but as a poster pointed out Blizzard didn't start including mousepads in expansion CEs and selling them on the Blizzard Store until Wrath.)

No Blizzard title that I'm aware of has ever included the line:

Downloadable electronic game software for use on portable electronic devices such as mobile and cellular phones, laptops, handheld computers, and tablet PCs

Also, as far as the Classifications being the same they're the same for:

HotS:

International Class(es): 009 - Primary Class
    U.S Class(es): 021, 023, 026, 036, 038
    International Class(es): 041 - Primary Class
    U.S Class(es): 100, 101, 107

Mists:

Hearthstone:

Blizzard All-Stars:

So I don't think that's indicative of anything.

I also just noticed that under International Classification 041 the List of Goods and Services for MoP are:

Entertainment services, namely, providing on-line computer games; providing computer games that may be accessed via a global computer network; providing online news and information in the field of computer games; entertainment services, namely, conducting contests online and providing a website for organizing, planning and executing exhibitions and special events between computer game players and interest groups for entertainment purposes

and for HotS they're:

Entertainment services, namely, providing on-line computer games, providing computer games that may be accessed via a global computer network, providing online news and information in the field of computer games

which is different from Hearthstone:

Entertainment services, namely, providing on-line computer games; providing computer games that may be accessed via a global computer network; conducting contests online and providing a website for organizing, planning and executing exhibitions and special events between computer game players and interest groups for entertainment purposes; conducting entertainment exhibitions online in the nature of card games for entertainment purposes; conducting card game competitions online for entertainment purposes

but exactly the same as:

Entertainment services, namely, providing on-line computer games, providing computer games that may be accessed via a global computer network, providing online news and information in the field of computer games

Blizzard All-Stars

Which I think is pretty damn interesting.

*Edit* I also just noticed that the Bases for Filing are:

HotS: 1(b)

Mists: 1(a) (Which is the same for all previous expansions.)

Hearthstone: 44(d)

Blizzard All-Stars: 1(b)

I'm *really* starting to think that Heroes of the Storm is a rebranding of Blizzard All-Stars...

*Edit the Second* An explanation of the Bases:

1(a):

A Section 1(a) filing basis applies when you are currently using your trademark in commerce with all the goods/services in your application. You must provide the date you began using your trademark and a specimen (real-use sample) showing how the mark is actually being used with the goods/services.

1(b):

A Section 1(b) filing basis applies when you have not yet started using your trademark. You must use the trademark and pay an additional fee prior to registration.

44(d):

A Section 44(d) filing basis applies when you have filed for the mark in a foreign country.

http://www.uspto.gov/trademarks/process/tm_timeline.jsp

*Edit the Third*

And to top it all off this is Blizzard All-Stars's current trademark Status:

"Notice of Allowance (NOA) sent (issued) to the applicant. Applicant must file a Statement of Use or Extension Request within six months of the NOA issuance date."

Under Prosecution History:

NOA E-MAILED - SOU REQUIRED FROM APPLICANT

SOU stands for Statement of Use.

The Notice of Allowance was sent about 2 and a half months ago. (Jul. 09, 2013) Essentially, Blizzard All-Stars isn't in use so they either have to start using it or... they could trademark a new name. >.> <.<

http://www.uspto.gov/main/glossary/

Notice of Allowance is under Abandonment.
    Last edited by D4NNYB0Y; 2013-09-28 at 03:32 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by D4NNYB0Y View Post
    Yet its list of goods and services is quite different:

*snip*

The Notice of Allowance was sent about 2 and a half months ago. (Jul. 09, 2013) Essentially, Blizzard All-Stars isn't in use so they either have to start using it or... they could trademark a new name. >.> <.<

http://www.uspto.gov/main/glossary/

Notice of Allowance is under Abandonment.
    That's actually quite interesting. Time is certainly going too slow right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo86 View Post
    Nice way to start a post with ad hominem.
    Anyway the names are actually all very much named after an event. Like you said yourself tbc is named after the war against demons. Wotlk is actually named after the war we have against him to counter his "wrath" or the act of trying to conquest azeroth. Cataclysm explains itself and MoP is actually also named after the event. It's not about Pandaria but the Mist of Pandaria. If you have paid any attention to this lore we have unlocked bit by bit ingame you would have noticed that the Mists have a meaning and we are told the story of why it came and what does it mean. I would recommend looking at the short animated story about Shaohao Blizzard released at youtube.

All of the names are very strong and clearly tell you what it's about. tbc is about Legion, wotlk is about scourge, cata is about end of the world and mop is about happenings in Pandaria. What is Heroes of the Storm about? People making umberellas and sandbags? That name is way too vague. Is it the name of next expansion? Who knows but if it is then Blizzard has dropped the ball with naming.
    Had to go to sauna and now I would like to continue my post and tell the reasons why exactly hots is a bad name and what makes earlier names so good.
    Earlier names were good because they were informative, yet mysterious. They answer questions and start new ones.
    World of Warcraft tells you that it's about the whole world of warcraft but doesn't tell you how or what exactly.
    Burning Crusade tells you it's about Burning Legion but opens questions like how, where etc.

Heroes of the Storm is so broad, vague and cliché that it would be hard to make worse even if you tried to. Heroes of the xxxx could be the name of every single expansion or the game itself. Heroes of the Warcraft, Heroes of the Outland/A'dal, Heroes of the Crusade/Northrend, Heroes of the Azeroth, Heroes of the Pandaria, Heroes of the Heroes. It's confusing and just starts more questions. Worst thing is that because it's not informative it causes speculations like this thread and divides players into 2 or actually 3 groups. People who think it's going to be about old gods, people who think it's going to be about legion and people who don't want it to be either of them. Nevertheless 2 out of 3 groups will be disappointed. All the selfmade hype causes it to be a slap in the face when more information is released and it wouldn't have been without all that hype and those expectations.
    "What, Wrath of the Lich King is about Lich King? Who could have guessed that. I thought it was about pandas..." -Said by no one ever.

The only clue what the storm could be would be the visions of Wrathion but what if you haven't done them? What if it's still going to be an actualy water storm created by Azshara and you were 100% sure it was going to be Legion and waiting for it? Disappointment and Anger instead of excitement. If it actually was about the Legion invasion then something like Heroes of the Felstorm / Green Storm would have been way better and more like the old names.

Deleted
    So Storm may also refer to something that happens in the Great Sea/arround MaelSTORM and affects coast and ports of all Azeroth like an naga invasion.
    I just feel urged to point out the fallacy of this argument:

The word is MAELSTROM, not "Maelstorm". "Strom", not "Storm". Big difference.
    Wiki it if you don't believe me: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maelstrom

The stem of the word, STROM, has nothing whatsoever to do with "storm", except that it happens to contain the same letters. The word Strom is Scandinavian and the word Maelstrom came to English from there. Strom is related to the English word "Stream".

Am I seeying the same reaction of the people back when the trademark "Mist of Pandarea" was discovered more than a year ago?

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard Trademark Heroes of the Storm on Europe too:

SCOOP: http://ocodex.com.br/blog/?p=24034

Quote Originally Posted by bregtann View Post
    I just feel urged to point out the fallacy of this argument:

The word is MAELSTROM, not "Maelstorm". "Strom", not "Storm". Big difference.
    Wiki it if you don't believe me: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maelstrom

The stem of the word, STROM, has nothing whatsoever to do with "storm", except that it happens to contain the same letters. The word Strom is Scandinavian and the word Maelstrom came to English from there. Strom is related to the English word "Stream".
    Then it has to do with the kingdom of STORMGUARD!

*ducks flying shoes*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    Then it has to do with the kingdom of STORMGUARD!

*ducks flying shoes*
    Is that you Bush?

OT: I wonder if this is the real thing.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    I've watched hearthstone trailer again and now I believe that HotS will be its expansion. Mainly because there was a kid playing HS on a tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by SirAaron View Post
    I've watched hearthstone trailer again and now I believe that HotS will be its expansion. Mainly because there was a kid playing HS on a tablet.
    How does the fact that Hearthstone is coming to tablets - which we already knew ages ago - mean that HotS is an expansion for Hearthstone? O_o

I'm skeptical this is the name of the next WoW expansion - it sounds like a collectible card game set to me - but I suppose if it is it could refer to the Infernal "storm" Wrathion shows in Pandaria. Of course, that's complete conjecture based on no real information.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    heroes of the storm is a terrible name (just quietly..)

sounds like a book, not an expansion.
    And a bad book at that.

I really hope this is fake or something non-WOw related; that's an incredibly lame name.

Edit: Inb4 reviewers: "is HOTS going to be HOT or NOT??" Ugh.
    Last edited by Cirque; 2013-09-30 at 07:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    reaper of souls is d3, the bark below is left, heroes of the storm comes.

which one is actually the expansion ??

Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    reaper of souls is d3, the bark below is left, heroes of the storm comes.

which one is actually the expansion ??
    Dunno. Been years since Blizzard has had us guessing in such a manner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Metzen's "MoP is the calm before the storm" comment makes alot more sense
    {◕ ◡ ◕}