Quote Originally Posted by Aceshigh View Post
    You're quoting me things that are up to 5 years old lol.
    I have been following method since 5 years ago, started following the race after I read about Death and Taxes killing the four horsemen in Naxx 60. I didn't really take it seriously until I saw this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Aoh7nRYsYE

More importantly, I guess, is who do you think they are underdogs to??
    It's not that they actually are underdogs, they've clearly dominated this expansion, it just 'feels' like they're underdogs because of their perpetual world seconds for the first 4 years I followed them in the race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Primohastat View Post
    That toxicity is normal in WoW. Even classic. And it comes from this what so called elitism, spreading everywhere. Average player say that classic is piss easy and every aspect can be done with minimal effort. But right after that, the same player ignites with rage when someone wants to apply that minimal effort

Quote Originally Posted by Megamisama View Post
    I still don't know if I'm rooting for Method or Paragon... Seems like Method will bring this home though, based on their progression so far, but the Garrosh fight seems to be about the same in difficulty both in 10man and 25man compared to some other fights (like Thok 25man being a lot easier or Malkorok 10man being easier). I still think Paragon will down him with a lower ilvl though. Would've been more fair if Warforged gear got released like 2 weeks after the release of the raid instead of instantly or if 25man dropped warforged tokens after the last boss in the instance had been killed on your server or something like that.
    Raden was killed with 4 ilvl less by Sanitas and paragon (compared to Method ilvl at kill time), so 10 man is proly tuned with 4 ilvl less in mind which seems completely fair. But again its impossible to compare 10 and 25 since no guild can ever do them both in same time, however it seems they are pretty close : )
    Last edited by Xjev; 2013-09-30 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kazih View Post
    All because Devai joined them.
    IIRC he was undergeared and joined mid progression in ToT. But im sure his knowledge from his paragon raids helped alot.
    He left the 18th this month, so i guess he stayed there for the normal clear of SoO.
    Last edited by Martinussen; 2013-09-30 at 08:07 AM.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by IKT View Post
    I have been following method since 5 years ago, started following the race after I read about Death and Taxes killing the four horsemen in Naxx 60. I didn't really take it seriously until I saw this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Aoh7nRYsYE

It's not that they actually are underdogs, they've clearly dominated this expansion, it just 'feels' like they're underdogs because of their perpetual world seconds for the first 4 years I followed them in the race.
    ok, but who are the guilds that have beat them in the past 5 years that are still raiding today?

nilhilum
    ensidia
    paragon
    the odd American guild on non end tier bosses..
    in what world can you possibly spin them as the under dog when none of the guilds that have beat them are even racing them anymore?
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

Quote Originally Posted by Crowfeather View Post
    Duality joins the 12/14 club when they downed Siegecrafter today. Gratz guys!
    Well what do you know, an actual useful post that's on topic. Grats Duality.

Quote Originally Posted by Martinussen View Post
    IIRC he was undergeared and joined mid progression in ToT. But im sure his knowledge from his paragon raids helped alot.
    He left the 18th this month, so i guess he stayed there for the normal clear of SoO.
    I think they were more referring to the "recognition" he brought to their guild. Lot of people saw them and heard about them when he joined and streamed their raids and talked about them, etc.

Ghinz Carrying R.E.M! Gratz Rapid Eye Movement

Notice Rapid Eye Movement. They were formed back in patch 5.1 i think, and now they're in the top 10 25man. Went from not even server best to one of the worlds best.
    Not So Serious and Rapid Eye Movement both went from 10->25 during the lull-phase of ToT, as far as I know. Both have done extremely well so far, but you also have to keep in mind that both guilds raid *alot*. As mentioned earlier, extensions, added days etc are always part of the races among the "top" guilds, and both NSS/REM are already "6 days" guilds with ~25+ hour schedules (before extensions and added days) according to their officall statements.

Don't get me wrong at all, both guilds are extremely good and it's fucking awesome to see that "newcomers" actually have a chance even in todays game (on that note, does anyone know what the story about TG gaming is? last tier they were ranked west 222, now they're in the top 10, would love to hear what happened - is it the old Pulse re-incarnated?) - but it does kind of emphasize the fact that as long as your guild is in the top 50-100, adding more hours is enough to shoot you up the ranks .
    Last edited by Dracodraco; 2013-09-30 at 09:02 AM.

Deleted
    Can someone tell me where the whine about the asian guild getting world first garrosh stops so I dont have to skip 20 pages?

Spam - Azshira
    Last edited by Azshira; 2013-09-30 at 09:26 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Can someone tell me where the whine about the asian guild getting world first garrosh stops so I dont have to skip 20 pages?
    You just purposefully try to make this thread worse, don't you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Let's be serious for a second there. Guilds aren't even close to a kill on LFR Garrosh, let alone reach him. they didn't even kill Blackfuse or Paragons yet.
    It's pretty obvious which one is more prestigious.
    You made my day

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post

(on that note, does anyone know what the story about TG gaming is? last tier they were ranked west 222, now they're in the top 10, would love to hear what happened - is it the old Pulse re-incarnated?) - but it does kind of emphasize the fact that as long as your guild is in the top 50-100, adding more hours is enough to shoot you up the ranks .
    Not 100 % sure but I think most of the Pulse member left that guild and formed TG Gaming, they're doing really great this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrun View Post
    For us Bl is ahead I know but I'm rooting for midwinter. I wonder how many hours a day they have been raiding
    Like 6-8, depending on the day.

I think they were more referring to the "recognition" he brought to their guild. Lot of people saw them and heard about them when he joined and streamed their raids and talked about them, etc.
    I raided with them when REM formed in 5.1 (i believe its that patch) up to when Devai joined. Got sacked cus i were holding the guild back and were a bit of a cunt so i havent raided in a long time.

Not So Serious and Rapid Eye Movement both went from 10->25 during the lull-phase of ToT, as far as I know. Both have done extremely well so far, but you also have to keep in mind that both guilds raid *alot*. As mentioned earlier, extensions, added days etc are always part of the races among the "top" guilds, and both NSS/REM are already "6 days" guilds with ~25+ hour schedules (before extensions and added days) according to their officall statements.
    REM raid(ed) alot, but as far as i can see from the roster of their more recent boss kills, either they kicked alot of people from when i used to play, or many have name changed/rerolled, because there are many i cant remember. I remember several of them, and i can say with certainty that the guild wouldn't be there without those. This is whats needed to go from 250th to ~50th in ToT to top 10 this tier. The chain is only as strong as the weakest link you know.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"

I raided with them when REM formed in 5.1 (i believe its that patch) up to when Devai joined. Got sacked cus i were holding the guild back and were a bit of a cunt so i havent raided in a long time.

REM raid(ed) alot, but as far as i can see from the roster of their more recent boss kills, either they kicked alot of people from when i used to play, or many have name changed/rerolled, because there are many i cant remember. I remember several of them, and i can say with certainty that the guild wouldn't be there without those. This is whats needed to go from 250th to ~50th in ToT to top 10 this tier. The chain is only as strong as the weakest link you know.
    Doesn't matter how weak the link is if you've got enough time to work out the kinks in these scenarios. You quickly learn which members you can rely on for harder, individual tasks, and which you just give the easy "stand there and make pretty numbers"-tasks. If you have a weak link, you either replace it with someone who does better in that situation, or give him an easier task to handle which means he won't become an issue.
    After all, if you ARE in a top 50 guild, then the weakest link really can't be THAT "weak".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cyqu View Post
    nilhilum
    ensidia
    paragon
    the odd American guild on non end tier bosses..
    in what world can you possibly spin them as the under dog when none of the guilds that have beat them are even racing them anymore?
    So you're saying the only reason they're #1 is that all the better guilds have better things to do these days? I think you have a point there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mulgore Sweet Potato View Post
    So you're saying the only reason they're #1 is that all the better guilds have better things to do these days? I think you have a point there.
    Mantaining a healthy roster (especially at that level and with the committment needed) is one of the skills Method has proven to excel in to be honest.
    Fluorescent - Fluo - currently retired, playing other stuff

i5-4670k @ 4.5 / Thermalright Silver Arrow Extreme / Gigabyte Z87X-D3H / 8GB DDR3-1600 RAM / Gigabyte GTX 760

Doesn't matter how weak the link is if you've got enough time to work out the kinks in these scenarios. You quickly learn which members you can rely on for harder, individual tasks, and which you just give the easy "stand there and make pretty numbers"-tasks. If you have a weak link, you either replace it with someone who does better in that situation, or give him an easier task to handle which means he won't become an issue.
    After all, if you ARE in a top 50 guild, then the weakest link really can't be THAT "weak".
    Top 50 is way different from top 500 and top 1000 from what i could.
    One major factor is ofcourse the time spent raiding.
    Another big factor is ofcourse how well people play. But if every DPS is able to do 5% more dmg due to being just a little bit better, you'll see your guild downing many more bosses way quicker.

I cant talk on REM's, or any other guild's behalf, but i'd say even tiny improvements across the board for those guilds will result in massive advances when raiding. If you want to be top 10, you gotta let go of the weak links (or they have to become stronger)

Deleted
    Top 50 is way different from top 500 and top 1000 from what i could.
    One major factor is ofcourse the time spent raiding.
    Another big factor is ofcourse how well people play. But if every DPS is able to do 5% more dmg due to being just a little bit better, you'll see your guild downing many more bosses way quicker.

I cant talk on REM's, or any other guild's behalf, but i'd say even tiny improvements across the board for those guilds will result in massive advances when raiding. If you want to be top 10, you gotta let go of the weak links (or they have to become stronger)
    Couldnt agree more with this becuz at some point people that raid a TON will always get to certain bosses where it takes a certain amount of skill to kill and if you dont have that it doesnt matter how much you raid you will just hit a brick wall. So basically time spent is mostly important if you already got the skills to be at lets say top 10.

Quote Originally Posted by discmeedel View Post
    Couldnt agree more with this becuz at some point people that raid a TON will always get to certain bosses where it takes a certain amount of skill to kill and if you dont have that it doesnt matter how much you raid you will just hit a brick wall. So basically time spent is mostly important if you already got the skills to be at lets say top 10.
    I have to disagree - either that, or I don't play with any of those weak links. Do some of the raiders in our guild take longer to learn a new boss, or deal with a mechanic, than others do? Sure. Some are just better than others. But do they EVENTUALLY learn it? Yes, yes they do. Therefore, time is a direct limiter to progress. Can it be improved upon by getting better players instead of the ones who are slow to learn? Absolutely. Is it a neccessity? No, if you throw more attempts at a boss, at one point or another it'll become second nature, and the skill of the individual won't matter.