Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Orcs should have more iconic ground mounts as well to be honest. I want a wild hog. Something you can ride and eat!

Quote Originally Posted by godded View Post
    Orcs should have more iconic ground mounts as well to be honest. I want a wild hog. Something you can ride and eat!
    I speculate that Giant Boars would be Ogre's mount. That or a spider, or a devilsaur. or a corehound!

Deleted
    Why does there need to be an equivalent to everything and everyone else, whether it be class, race, faction, etc.?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyde View Post
    Ok, I know what you guys are thinking; Gryphon. But in WOW, Gryphon is the signature mount of the Wildhammer Clan.
    Well, like you mentioned already yourself...
    If you'd add a signature flyer to humans, you'd have to do it for all races..

What would we get:

Humans - ???
    Dwarfs - Gryphon
    Gnomes - Copters
    Night Elfs - Owls
    Draenei - ???
    Worgen - ???

Orcs - Wyvern
    Trolls - ???
    Tauren - ???
    Blood Elfs - Dragonhawk
    Undead - Bat
    Goblin - Rocket

Pandaren - Kite
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Lostwood View Post
    Why does there need to be an equivalent to everything and everyone else, whether it be class, race, faction, etc.?
    It's not an equivalent. It's just that human, the main force of the Alliance, is piggy back riding on Wildhammer's mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Wait, why don't we have this? This would be fantastic!
    Was impossible to balance a flying hero in Warcraft III.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Trolls - ???
    Pteranodons.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not an equivalent. It's just that human, the main force of the Alliance, is piggy back riding on Wildhammer's mount.
    It's not that.... It is, because Dwarfs excelled in the skills of taming the animals to the point of using them as flying mounts. Hence why the Flight masters are usually also Dwarfs.

What would we get:

Humans - ???
    Dwarfs - Gryphon
    Goblins - Copters
    Night Elfs - Owls
    Draenei - ???
    Worgen - ???

Orcs - Wyvern
    Trolls - ???
    Tauren - ???
    Blood Elfs - Dragonhawk
    Undead - Bat
    Goblin - Rocket

Pandaren - Kite
    I would love to see Undead riding Gargoyles or actually made skeletal Gryphon to be Undead's mount since bats belong to the Troll. Tauren should ride Windserpent. And don't forget Terrorwings! Terrorwing can be something for Trolls to ride. Draenei should use a space pod or nether ray. I would love to see Worgen to ride on something cursed as well.

What would we get:

Humans - ???
    Dwarfs - Gryphon
    Gnomes - Copters
    Night Elfs - Owls
    Draenei - ???
    Worgen - ???

Orcs - Wyvern
    Trolls - ???
    Tauren - ???
    Blood Elfs - Dragonhawk
    Undead - Bat
    Goblin - Rocket

Pandaren - Kite
    troll is bat, tauren is wyvern. the tauren knew the wyvern for much longer than the orcs, and they consider them sacred. I'd say it's the orcs that lack a cultural flying mount of their own, so they started using the wyverns of the tauren, just like humans ride gryphons.

trolls and the undead choose the bat as their mounts in a parallel fashion, not related to each other.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    I'm pretty sure Humans and Dwarves share their mount (Gryphon) just like Orcs and Tauren do (Wyvern). So the iconic flying mount for Humans is actually Gryphon, just how it is in-game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    troll is bat, tauren is wyvern. the tauren knew the wyvern for much longer than the orcs, and they consider them sacred. I'd say it's the orcs that lack a cultural flying mount of their own, so they started using the wyverns of the tauren, just like humans ride gryphons.
    Exactly my point.

Actually Orcs once enslaved Dragons; The Dragonmaw clan. And coming from Outland, they might one time used Nether Ray or maybe even Sporebat :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Humans and Dwarves share their mount (Gryphon) just like Orcs and Tauren do (Wyvern). So the iconic flying mount for Humans is actually Gryphon, just how it is in-game.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly my point.
    If you play wc3, the Tauren didn't use Wyvern. Wyverns made kind of a pact with Orcs after a campaign where Orcs saved Wyverns. Hence if you play wc3, the Windriders are orcs.

- - - Updated - - -

The sentient Wyverns of Kalimdor were eager to ally themselves with the Shamanistic Horde. Impressed by the Orcs' commitment to honor and victory, the Wyverns allowed the Orcs to ride them into combat against those who would disturb the tranquility of Kalimdor and its denizens

MORE!

When Thrall first arrived on Kalimdore Cairne suggested enlisting the aid of the wyverns who dwelt nearby. Upon reaching their nesting grounds, the two leaders discovered that a band of harpies had captured and enslaved the wyverns. Encountering fierce local resistance, a force led by Thrall and Cairne fought their way to they harpies' lair and slaughtered the vile bird-women, freeing the wyverns.[2] The sentient wyverns of Kalimdor were eager to ally themselves with the shamanistic horde. Impressed by the orcs' commitment to honor and victory, the wyverns allowed the orcs to ride them into combat against those who would disturb the tranquility of Kalimdor and its denizens. The wyverns, who share a common ancestry with both dragons and gryphons, use their powerful claws and razor-like fangs against both airborne attackers and ground troops, while their riders may hurl envenomed spears at the enemy.

Deleted
    Humans are boring, and that's why they shouldn't have any special mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see Undead riding Gargoyles or actually made skeletal Gryphon to be Undead's mount since bats belong to the Troll. Tauren should ride Windserpent. And don't forget Terrorwings! Terrorwing can be something for Trolls to ride. Draenei should use a space pod or nether ray. I would love to see Worgen to ride on something cursed as well.
    had to edit my post. since I accidentally named goblins twice.
    I stuck with the bats for Undead, since those are the zone mounts there. Bats imo fit their theme better than the troll theme. You find them in caves and catacombs, and that applies to the Undead better I think. Terrorwing, yeah, that's a choice. Trolls love prehistoric animals. The Isle of giants has flyers. Let's use those...
    Skeletal Gryphon. That's essentially the Death Knight Flyer.
    Wind Serpents for Tauren, okay makes sense, they are home in the Barrens.
    Now we still need mounts for Humans, Draenei and Worgen. The corresponding starter zones have very little to offer.
    Nothing for Worgen and Humans, Moth's for Draenei

Deleted

trolls and the undead choose the bat as their mounts in a parallel fashion, not related to each other.
    I think dinos would suit trolls better, seeing the Zandalari are using pterrorwing mounts in the Isle of Thunder. Undead can keep the smelly bats.

had to edit my post. since I accidentally named goblins twice.
    I stuck with the bats for Undead, since those are the zone mounts there. Bats imo fit their theme better than the troll theme. You find them in caves and catacombs, and that applies to the Undead better I think. Terrorwing, yeah, that's a choice. Trolls love prehistoric animals. The Isle of giants has flyers. Let's use those...
    Skeletal Gryphon. That's essentially the Death Knight Flyer.
    Wind Serpents for Tauren, okay makes sense, they are home in the Barrens.
    Now we still need mounts for Humans, Draenei and Worgen. The corresponding starter zones have very little to offer.
    Nothing for Worgen and Humans, Moth's for Draenei
    Draenei are from the Outland and I actually love to see some sort of Naaru powered vehicle for Draenei. Holy Magic Hovercraft or something.

Deleted
    Jetpack please !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokaproductionist View Post
    I think dinos would suit trolls better, seeing the Zandalari are using pterrorwing mounts in the Isle of Thunder. Undead can keep the smelly bats.
    agreed..... The bats have nothing to do with trolls.. They just used them for the bat being a horde trait, and not a troll trait, when they added the troll druids. Alliance has the Eagle shape, Horde has the Bat shape.

Eagles could be used as Human flyers though.

Humans get a helm that allows them to fly thanks to the power of their own self entitlement.

10+ Year Old Account
    Draenei are from the Outland and I actually love to see some sort of Naaru powered vehicle for Draenei. Holy Magic Hovercraft or something.
    a UFO lol. I actually thought about something along that line.