Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    I've had groups with 3 stacks of determination on Immersieus. I've had a group one shotting everything. There are no problem encounters in the first two wings. Why do you think there are problem encounters?
    I have not yet done wing 2, but the impression I am getting is the last 2 bosses are the problem. Of course some groups will be able to do them as intended, but the queue appears to be behaving in a way that says too many groups are not.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    I've had groups with 3 stacks of determination on Immersieus. I've had a group one shotting everything. There are no problem encounters in the first two wings. Why do you think there are problem encounters?
    I couldn't say which encounters are the issue, but I keep hearing about tanks leaving about an hour into the raid, followed by 45 minutes to an hour of everyone standing around. I keep hearing the word "tedious" when people on my realm talk about the new raid. These are flex raid groups, it's not just lfr.

It's easier to yell at tanks than it is too figure out what the raid is doing wrong. Of course, the people who yell or say nasty things in raids, NEVER do anything wrong/make mistakes and that's a huge part of the "problem."

I'd much rather run around the timeless isle on an alt I haven't played in ages, than get yelled at in LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    The devs have commented that the success rates of groups doing LFR is about the same as it was previously. Have you got any evidence to back up your BS claims? No? k.
    Have you tried part 2 of SoO yet? There is much more responsibility on the tanks now than ever before, especially for General Nazgrim. I joined one group where the off-tank didn't even know you had to taunt-switch. Even after that he kept going to 100 rage even though no one was on him during defensive stance. I assume that's because the tanks weren't switching often enough, but I didn't stick around to find out. I had already spent over an hour repeatedly wiping on this boss with 24 complete strangers and I was done. There's a reason my Flex progression is higher than my LFR progression this go-around.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    First of all, let me get to this point first.

1.) Has anyone else seen an INCREASE in chance of joining an lfr ALREADY IN PROGRESS? I don't WANT THAT. I want a FRESH RUN.
    You could try finishing the run you queue into and then requeue into a fresh run. OH NOES! IT TAKES TWO WHOLE QUEUES TO DO THAT! WAH!

Frankly, I wish I could turn off the whole "queue to fresh raids when you've killed the last boss"; I wasted a TON of time on the first three bosses in SoO-Wing 1 to dump all my tokens on Sha of Pride to get the sword (which I finally got, so now it'll work to my advantage to dump all my tokens on Galagras for the CDs trinket).
    "It is a demonstration of incomprehensible hubris to quote one's self, especially in one's own forum signature."
    ¬PetersenIII

About the "Fresh run"
    Try doing it right after reset .... then you get fresh run

Quote Originally Posted by Ronduwil View Post
    Have you tried part 2 of SoO yet? There is much more responsibility on the tanks now than ever before, especially for General Nazgrim. I joined one group where the off-tank didn't even know you had to taunt-switch. Even after that he kept going to 100 rage even though no one was on him during defensive stance. I assume that's because the tanks weren't switching often enough, but I didn't stick around to find out. I had already spent over an hour repeatedly wiping on this boss with 24 complete strangers and I was done. There's a reason my Flex progression is higher than my LFR progression this go-around.
    I tried part 2 on my shaman appears no different than any other LFR raid. Taunt switching iscommon on most fights since LFR began. Sure the warmachine fight and Nazgrim appear to put a lot more on the tanks but thats no different than will of the emperor where tanks had to dance to avoid damage and if a tank failed it was common for them to get gibbed or at least take heavy damage.

What you maybe saw is some bad/inexperienced tanks. Funny thing about new LFR wings is that some people get thrown to the wolves and don't prepare for it. Given time these same people struggling will blitz these encounters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ..and when LFR gets a nerf we get "Lol..LFR nerfs for baddies" topics. Endless cycle. At least we won't run out of topics ^^

- - - Updated - - -

Fair enough. And to me this isn't bad. So Flex might overtake LFR in popularity. Isn't that great? I mean..there are literally 99.9% LFR QQ threads...
    The wheels on the Nerf bus go round and round ;d

I don't like it when I get started LFR-runs. The thing is, I get that they need to have a way of bringing players in, because there are LFR-runs where people leave. However, there should be an option where you could choose if you want a run with all bosses up, or not. If I'm playing on a character where I need gear, reputation or just want all bosses, I hate it when I get into a run with several bosses down. However, if I'm only after the 90 valor points, I don't care if it's already started, that could even be good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I admit in the first weeks of ToT LFR Lei Shen and maybe Durumu were as bad as SoO LFR is currently. That was only 1 or 2 roadblock bosses though. In SoO it is most of the bosses.

Also, the people saying that finishing an LFR wing will get you a fresh run the next time you queue. This is untrue. I remember queuing for the 4th part of ToT soon after its release on my resto shaman... The first group I joined was up to Lei Shen. I killed him and requeued. The next 16 times I queued, it was a run at Lei Shen. The only reason I kept trying was because I had a fast healer queue. If I was dps I probably would have rage quit.

Quote Originally Posted by M00 View Post
    I admit in the first weeks of ToT LFR Lei Shen and maybe Durumu were as bad as SoO LFR is currently. That was only 1 or 2 roadblock bosses though. In SoO it is most of the bosses.
    Most? This is not my understanding. It's basically just the second two bosses in wing 2. Sha of Pride seems to be settling down, and N-shen had the cleansing mechanic tweaked.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler

This is my experience with LFR.

Wait an hour for LFR to pop and then you get a group failing on the last boss which means. A. You have to wait for all the retards to learn the fight. and B. Queue up again to do the first fucking bosses WITH NO GAURENTEE that you will not get a group failing on one of the later bosses AGAIN.
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    You could try finishing the run you queue into and then requeue into a fresh run. OH NOES! IT TAKES TWO WHOLE QUEUES TO DO THAT! WAH!

Frankly, I wish I could turn off the whole "queue to fresh raids when you've killed the last boss"; I wasted a TON of time on the first three bosses in SoO-Wing 1 to dump all my tokens on Sha of Pride to get the sword (which I finally got, so now it'll work to my advantage to dump all my tokens on Galagras for the CDs trinket).
    As a dps I get sometimes an hour+ queue times. How about you play the game and see what the issues are before trying to look smart in my thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    i have run the LFR version several times in the last two weeks (not for gear since you only get one roll/wk, but just to practice strategies in a low-pressure environment) and i know that annecdotal evidence is not statistically valid,

but i have noticed an improvement over the first few days and weeks, players (even casuals) are learning the encounter, so i am not worried that farming LFR will get easier as a greater proportion of players know the encounter and have better gear. If you really REALLY can't stand playing with strangers, try organizing a guild group to farm your missing tier-tokens and trinkets.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Quote Originally Posted by Woop Woop View Post
    ----when LFR is challenging people complain that they are wiping too much
    ----when LFR is too easy it's "free" loot and should be removed

...what?
    when in the world was LFR ever challenging?
    Whenever I start to think the community is turning a corner, tradechat is always there to prove me wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigPapi View Post
    when in the world was LFR ever challenging?

the challenge in LFR is the group, not the encounter.

the challenge is working together with and explaining how to beat the encounter to complete strangers of dubious skill, experience and motivation in a way that encourages them and helps them learn to play their role, rather than inducing them to a) rage quite, or b) vote to kick you for being an insufferable ass.

- - - Updated - - -

which for some sociopathic players is a challenge harder than heroics themselves.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Quote Originally Posted by Kezzik View Post
    As a dps I get sometimes an hour+ queue times. How about you play the game and see what the issues are before trying to look smart in my thread?
    As a DPS I take advantage of multi-queuing, and I queue for 4 raids at a time and do scenarios/dungeons in the interim. How 'bout you use the tools at your disposal and stop willful wasting time then making a thread to whine about it?
    "It is a demonstration of incomprehensible hubris to quote one's self, especially in one's own forum signature."
    ¬PetersenIII

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I have not yet done wing 2, but the impression I am getting is the last 2 bosses are the problem. Of course some groups will be able to do them as intended, but the queue appears to be behaving in a way that says too many groups are not.
    Because they are a dps race, if you dont kill the Dark shaman fast enough you will not have room to kite them, in nazgrim if you dont have enough dps you will be flooded with adds. 496ilvl is way to low for SoO lfr in the current state.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masterik View Post
    Because they are a dps race, if you dont kill the Dark shaman fast enough you will not have room to kite them, in nazgrim if you dont have enough dps you will be flooded with adds. 496ilvl is way to low for SoO lfr in the current state.
    Considering how poorly itemized that 496 is (if we're coming out of timeless isle) this is especially true. It's like these things don't get tested and in the rush to get new content out they never stop and ask painfully obvious questions. Offer your players better catch up. Piss poor 496 gear apparently doesn't even cut it for lfr. It may as well be last expansions gear.
    The hammer comes down:
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Considering how poorly itemized that 496 is (if we're coming out of timeless isle) this is especially true. It's like these things don't get tested and in the rush to get new content out they never stop and ask painfully obvious questions. Offer your players better catch up. Piss poor 496 gear apparently doesn't even cut it for lfr. It may as well be last expansions gear.
    Especially when the weapons these new players are likely to have aren't even ilvl 496. ilvl 476 if they can get a TI weapon, or ilvl 450 (or possibly even worse) otherwise.

The ilvl calculation needs to more heavily weight the weapon slot(s).

10+ Year Old Account
    Especially when the weapons these new players are likely to have aren't even ilvl 496. ilvl 476 if they can get a TI weapon, or ilvl 450 (or possibly even worse) otherwise.

The ilvl calculation needs to more heavily weight the weapon slot(s).
    Or they need to provide an alternative to acquiring a better weapon. If they're going to put so much emphasis on weapons then they really ought to make at least a starter one available somehow.
    The hammer comes down:
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    yeah since 5.4 I have downed 1 boss on LFR (Immerseus), even in the ToT LFR when getting secrets of the empire, couldnt do any of ToT either

No idea what happend, but I for sure don't mind if they remove it